ADVERTISEMENT

A lot to be excited for in Elizabeth City

Big scrimmage in Elizabeth City tomorrow. Very good teams out of Virginia plus Nc powerhouse Havelock

That is not tomorrow it is Saturday. Tomorrow they go to Riverside for scrimmage. Jamboree is Saturday unless it's changed due to weather.

Funny how rumors get started! Freshwater doesn’t have bad grades.

QUOTE="Otis4411, post: 490733, member: 726"]Do you think he can get his grades up enough to get back his chance at State? I don't think ECU can take partial qualifiers now. If he gets in at ECU my understanding is that he would be eligible at State. It gets confusing to me. I talked to someone last night that explained the conf ECU is in will not allow partial qualifiers just like the ACC.[/QUOTE]

Reactions: eglfan
Funny how rumors get started! Freshwater doesn’t have bad grades.

QUOTE="Otis4411, post: 490733, member: 726"]Do you think he can get his grades up enough to get back his chance at State? I don't think ECU can take partial qualifiers now. If he gets in at ECU my understanding is that he would be eligible at State. It gets confusing to me. I talked to someone last night that explained the conf ECU is in will not allow partial qualifiers just like the ACC.
[/QUOTE]

All the NC State message boards reporr that is why NC State backed off. Hell even ECU's message board mods don't deny it.

All the NC State message boards reporr that is why NC State backed off. Hell even ECU's message board mods don't deny it.[/QUOTE]

His grades were the issue, that is no rumor.

All the NC State message boards reporr that is why NC State backed off. Hell even ECU's message board mods don't deny it.

His grades were the issue, that is no rumor.[/QUOTE]

His grades might've been an issue, but they still might not be "bad"as someone said. The bottom line is these schools go after these kids, but they fail to fully explain to them that there are still certain gpa requirements, test scores, etc that they have to meet, then when they don't meet them it is made to seem like it is the kid's fault. Regardless of the situation, people are putting these kids' business all out in public. It's all on message boards, twitter, etc...that has to be embarrassing to him and his family. Regardless of what happened, it shouldn't be public knowledge. It should be between him and the school, not people putting all the information out in the community or on social media. If the grades were an issue, it's not like he just didn't do his work...it goes much deeper than that... that is all I will say. Sometimes it just seems like some people forget that as big as these kids may be, or as athletic as they may be, they are still kids.

Ok, now I'm off my soapbox lol....Good luck this year to him and the rest of the Eagles!

You ain't on a soapbox that is a pile of turd you are standing in. All your rivals and Scouts boards report on stuff like this. State has made Freshwater a priority and for a year he has been almost a silent commit. So most any causal message board fan would know what his issue is. That can't be swept under a rug.

Reactions: daagoob
You ain't on a soapbox that is a pile of turd you are standing in. All your rivals and Scouts boards report on stuff like this. State has made Freshwater a priority and for a year he has been almost a silent commit. So most any causal message board fan would know what his issue is. That can't be swept under a rug.

First of all, your tone isn't even called for. I am speaking as someone who knows him and his family and know that it's not just "he doesn't do his work" as many people are implying. I really don't care if he was "almost a silent commit" or not, bottom line is whether it was grades or not, people referring to his grades all on his social media, something I've seen myself, is a little insensitive. Message boards are one thing, but being all on his social media commenting about his grades is another. What can't be swept under the rug is that these boys are still kids and people speak about them like they're not. So you can save your little rude comments buddy, and we can agree to disagree like adults.

You come on here and called me a liar by saying i was spreading rumors. It ain't a "rumor". Then you come back and admit its true? Nobody is dissing the kid. You have no idea how bad I want him at State. I wouldn't sugar coat it for my own damn kid. It's just a fact. If you know him as well as you are claiming help him find a good family in your area to help him study and get those grades up. I did the same thing back in tge 70's and lost a year of eligibility in high school. I always look back on that with regret. Freshwater from what i hear is a really good kid that just has a hard time focussing on his work. I was just too lazy and trying to have a good time. I also didn't have the talent he has. Hopefully someone can help him so tgat he can display his talents and make a great life for himself. Trying to pamper to his feelings is not really going to help him.

You come on here and called me a liar by saying i was spreading rumors. It ain't a "rumor". Then you come back and admit its true? Nobody is dissing the kid. You have no idea how bad I want him at State. I wouldn't sugar coat it for my own damn kid. It's just a fact. If you know him as well as you are claiming help him find a good family in your area to help him study and get those grades up. I did the same thing back in tge 70's and lost a year of eligibility in high school. I always look back on that with regret. Freshwater from what i hear is a really good kid that just has a hard time focussing on his work. I was just too lazy and trying to have a good time. I also didn't have the talent he has. Hopefully someone can help him so tgat he can display his talents and make a great life for himself. Trying to pamper to his feelings is not really going to help him.

First of all, you have the wrong person....I never called you a liar or said you started a rumor....that was someone else, so please go back and address them. I said that he might not have the grades needed to go to NC State, but that the grades may not be "bad" as some people have said.

How do you know I didn't try to help him or get people to help him? Sometimes kids have other issues that hinder their academic progress....that is all.

Reactions: Otis4411
You have my apologies. I'm getting senile. College recruiting has always been that way. I work outside and days like today with the bright sun I sometimes struggle to be able to see it. Couple that with our company trucks A/C quit the other day and today was a steamer. I'm spoiled I had forgotten what it was like to ride in a vehicle with no A/C.

Reactions: eglfan
You have my apologies. I'm getting senile. College recruiting has always been that way. I work outside and days like today with the bright sun I sometimes struggle to be able to see it. Couple that with our company trucks A/C quit the other day and today was a steamer. I'm spoiled I had forgotten what it was like to ride in a vehicle with no A/C.

It's cool. Thank you for the apology. Hope things get better at your job.

I heard Freshwaters little brother performed really well at the scimmage in Williamston today, but NHS as a whole looked out of sync and didn't play well.

I heard Freshwaters little brother performed really well at the scimmage in Williamston today, but NHS as a whole looked out of sync and didn't play well.

Thats the main reason they play scrimmages. We were supposed to scrimmage last night but it was cancelled. We scrimmage Wallace Rose Hill tonight and I can't even go. Pulling call at work this week.

Thats the main reason they play scrimmages. We were supposed to scrimmage last night but it was cancelled. We scrimmage Wallace Rose Hill tonight and I can't even go. Pulling call at work this week.
Yeah work comes first. My friends son plays fullback and he was at the scrimmage yesterday. He said we are in trouble at qb unless something changes. He did say that although Freshwater didn't play well that his 6'3 lil brother whose only a freshman was really impressive. He's usually pretty spot on when it comes to critiquing our Eagles so this doesn't sound to good.

Riverside coach said northeastern the Best team there
James what's the status of Marcel the Nansemond River transfer? I heard he wasn't there. You know who I talked with last night at the poolroom. He thinks unless something changes then we arent going to live up to expectations. He said although our qb is fast and can run good, that he has no arm at all. He even said his son played bad and is just not taking things serious,lol. I will be at the scrimmage in Elizabeth City to see for myself, but Freshwater can only carry us so far. He's going to need some help. I know we have the talent to go all the way, we just got to hope Coach Moore can make the most of it.

I couldn't make it weWednesd so I don't know but I will be there Friday for sure

James what's the status of Marcel the Nansemond River transfer? I heard he wasn't there. You know who I talked with last night at the poolroom. He thinks unless something changes then we arent going to live up to expectations. He said although our qb is fast and can run good, that he has no arm at all. He even said his son played bad and is just not taking things serious,lol. I will be at the scrimmage in Elizabeth City to see for myself, but Freshwater can only carry us so far. He's going to need some help. I know we have the talent to go all the way, we just got to hope Coach Moore can make the most of it.

Not accurate, the qb was throwing over 40 yard td's in middle school at river road and was throwing bombs during 7 on 7's....you can also check his highlights on hudl. Can't gauge what a qb can do from a half-field scrimmage. The NR transfer was there also. I'm not sure who is giving the info but they don't seem very accurate. It was the first scrimmage of the season...give the boys some time.

Riverside coach said northeastern the Best team there

They were. Several TD's were called back mostly for holding. If they weren't called back, they would've won all the games they played. Some games they were tied but they didn't lose any.

Not accurate, the qb was throwing over 40 yard td's in middle school at river road and was throwing bombs during 7 on 7's....you can also check his highlights on hudl. Can't gauge what a qb can do from a half-field scrimmage. The NR transfer was there also. I'm not sure who is giving the info but they don't seem very accurate. It was the first scrimmage of the season...give the boys some time.

I will see for myself tomorrow. As the old saying goes " if you stand to close to the forest then you can't see the trees". My information came directly from a players father. Not just a scrub player either who sits the bench. He has no reason to lie about what he said, he was there. He even was hard on his own kid for not playing up to his potential. Tomorrow I will see first time and I hope you and James are right. I will say this eaglefan, I'm just curious if you made the hour drive to watch wed's scrimmage. I know most people, unless they're a parent or a coach probably wouldnt. It's all speculation now, but come next week we will all know a lot more.

I will see for myself tomorrow. As the old saying goes " if you stand to close to the forest then you can't see the trees". My information came directly from a players father. Not just a scrub player either who sits the bench. He has no reason to lie about what he said, he was there. He even was hard on his own kid for not playing up to his potential. Tomorrow I will see first time and I hope you and James are right. I will say this eaglefan, I'm just curious if you made the hour drive to watch wed's scrimmage. I know most people, unless they're a parent or a coach probably wouldnt. It's all speculation now, but come next week we will all know a lot more.

Yes I was there...I don’t speak from hearsay.

Top ranked Va. team Bishop Sullivan will be scrimmaging Havelock at 8 pm tonight in Elizabeth City. There will definitely be a lot of talent on display tonight at the Eagles Nest. Can't wait

Top ranked Va. team Bishop Sullivan will be scrimmaging Havelock at 8 pm tonight in Elizabeth City. There will definitely be a lot of talent on display tonight at the Eagles Nest. Can't wait

Text me some updates tonight.

Northeastern plays Deep Creek out of Va, Hertford County plays Norview out of Va also. What a lineup, I'm very excited. Tonight I will see if my good friend gave me bad info on our qb play. I hope he was mistaken, but he's usually spot on with his assessment.

No Ashley northeastern plays at 8:30 Havelock play 10:00
I believe you, I was just going by what Havelock had posted. I can't find the Eagles Football on twitter at all. Deep Creek is coming off a really good year so that will be a tough test for us, I also see they play in the same conference as Oscar Smith. I'm glad to get a chance to see Hertford County and Norview (Va) because they are both future opponents this season . I will be there at 630

No, there will be two games played at one time on half the field. Havelock and NHS will be playing at the same time.

Northeastern plays Deep Creek out of Va, Hertford County plays Norview out of Va also. What a lineup, I'm very excited. Tonight I will see if my good friend gave me bad info on our qb play. I hope he was mistaken, but he's usually spot on with his assessment.

Hard to judge a kid just getting to start at qb. These scrimmages are great for him.

Reactions: eglfan and daagoob
Hard to judge a kid just getting to start at qb. These scrimmages are great for him.
Oh no doubt Otis. We were fortunate to have a really good qb last year in Dallas Hall. I would've loved to have had him for more than 1 year. Good qbs are hard to come by here in our area.

Reactions: dogs79
Deep Creek leads NHS 7-0 at half. Bishop Sullivan leads Havelock 15-6.
Northeastern not looking good at all. We may have 2 pass completions to go along with an interception. I'm glad it's a scrimmage.

Maybe deep Creek was really that good o don't know northeastern didn't look good at all but we won ..lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT