ADVERTISEMENT

A lot to be excited for in Elizabeth City

s

Congrats to Darius Walton who has signed on as a preferred walk to N.C. State!! We are so proud of you!! Can’t wait to watch you play!!
1f3c8.png
1f49a.png
1f49b.png
1f3c8.png

Reactions: dogs79
I'm hearing a lot of good news about this year's NHS team. I saw coach Moores post on fb that the Eagles won the 7 on 7 two weekends ago at Mt Olive, and that they finished 4th out of a lot of teams at ECU this past weekend. Maybe they haven't fallen off much, or any at all. My concern is at qb, but from what I'm hearing the new kid is killing it.

Reactions: dogs79 and eglfan
I'm hearing a lot of good news about this year's NHS team. I saw coach Moores post on fb that the Eagles won the 7 on 7 two weekends ago at Mt Olive, and that they finished 4th out of a lot of teams at ECU this past weekend. Maybe they haven't fallen off much, or any at all. My concern is at qb, but from what I'm hearing the new kid is killing it.

New qb has been at nhs all along, he just played other positions on varsity. He plays multiple positions on both sides of the ball.

Reactions: dogs79 and daagoob
He lost his offer to Nc State. I hated to hear that because I'm a diehard Pack fan and as that I would take him over Jr Walker all day long. Freshwater is the kind of talent that is rarely seen in this part of the state. He's a special player and it looks like ECU has just hit the lottery.

Reactions: Otis4411
He can't do prep school or juco route?

Players players players. I cant stress how important academics are. I'll leave it at that

Reactions: daagoob
He can't do prep school or juco route?

Players players players. I cant stress how important academics are. I'll leave it at that

Having someone to pay for his prep school would be one obstacle. He will do ok at ECU. He has to do his work.

Reactions: daagoob
Marcel Lewis lll from 5a Nansemond (Va). Plays wr, rb, and cb. Looks like he might be a great and much needed addition to the Eagles. Curious to hear how he performs in the scrimmage Wednesday with the two Va schools and Havelock in Elizabeth City.

No surprise. He let his grades fall off last school year. He will have to sit his first year and get his grades up. ECU has got a good one if he will just do what he has to do to stay eligible. To me he is 5 star talent.
I'm couldn't agree more Otis, Freshwater is a beast and will continue to shatter records and make headlines this year

Reactions: dogs79
No surprise. He let his grades fall off last school year. He will have to sit his first year and get his grades up. ECU has got a good one if he will just do what he has to do to stay eligible. To me he is 5 star talent.
what a shame, he's a great talent but grades are part of it.

I'm couldn't agree more Otis, Freshwater is a beast and will continue to shatter records and make headlines this year

Do you think he can get his grades up enough to get back his chance at State? I don't think ECU can take partial qualifiers now. If he gets in at ECU my understanding is that he would be eligible at State. It gets confusing to me. I talked to someone last night that explained the conf ECU is in will not allow partial qualifiers just like the ACC.

He still has his 1st semester to get his grades up. No way his grades are too low that he can't repair them, place a higher SAT score. If his grades were that bad how would he be eligible to play in high school? I still think he gets to a P5 school

Do you think he can get his grades up enough to get back his chance at State? I don't think ECU can take partial qualifiers now. If he gets in at ECU my understanding is that he would be eligible at State. It gets confusing to me. I talked to someone last night that explained the conf ECU is in will not allow partial qualifiers just like the ACC.

Great question Otis and I may be able to answer it. Last night I was told that he really wants to play for the Pack so don't be surprised to see him end up in Raleigh. My source is a good one or I wouldn't be posting this. I will post today's news feed in our local up for you. It's a nice read.

Reactions: Otis4411
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT