ADVERTISEMENT

A lot to be excited for in Elizabeth City

Dagoob is right. He is flying under the radar right now. He played JV his freshman and got called up for the playoffs. After Kemion Bailey was hurt early in the eastern championship he scored a ton of TDs in that game and then scored one in the state championship game. Last year he was all set to run alongside Bailey in the backfield when our starting QB broke his ankle in the 1Q of the first game of the season. We scrambled to find a QB and stuck him back there and he handled the move with composure and without a word of complaint. Best thing about him he is a great kid. He is grounded and his academics are in order. If he scores or has a long run he doesn’t celebrate or get in anyone’s face but just gets back in the huddle for the next play and if something goes wrong he doesn’t fuss or go off but handles it the very same way. That is rare but refreshing these days.

Very rare, love to hear that. Hope he gets his shot at the next level

Reactions: daagoob
Very rare, love to hear that. Hope he gets his shot at the next level
I can't wait to see him in action against Northeastern in 3 weeks. I hope we can shut him down and come away with the win but I know we couldn't stop Javonte Williams from WRH last year.

Dagoob is right. He is flying under the radar right now. He played JV his freshman year and got called up for the playoffs. After Kemion Bailey was hurt early in the eastern championship he scored a ton of TDs in that game and then scored one in the state championship game. Last year he was all set to run alongside Bailey in the backfield when our starting QB broke his ankle in the 1Q of the first game of the season. We scrambled to find a QB and stuck him back there and he handled the move with composure and without a word of complaint. Best thing about him he is a great kid. He is grounded and his academics are in order. If he scores or has a long run he doesn’t celebrate or get in anyone’s face but just gets back in the huddle for the next play and if something goes wrong he doesn’t fuss or go off but handles it the very same way. That is rare but refreshing these days.
Great post, thanks for shining some light on this kid and keep us updated if he starts getting offers, which he will. You should start a thread under 1a for the Aces. They seem to be loaded this year. I knew they played banged up all year last year and if I'm correct were without their starting qb,and still played for the eastern c'ship

Reactions: Swo_05
Wow, a poster on CP said that Northeastern attempted to add WRH and Kinston this year for a home and home series and both declined. That's sad if true. What an opportunity for both teams to beef up their ooc schedule. That matchup between the Dogs and Eagles would've sold out either stadium. Kudos to Coach Moore if this is true, at least we would know he's trying his best to schedule the top teams.

Wow, a poster on CP said that Northeastern attempted to add WRH and Kinston this year for a home and home series and both declined. That's sad if true. What an opportunity for both teams to beef up their ooc schedule. That matchup between the Dogs and Eagles would've sold out either stadium. Kudos to Coach Moore if this is true, at least we would know he's trying his best to schedule the top teams.

WRH already has a beefed up OOC schedule. Havelock and 4a Cardinal Gibbons along with SWO

Kudos to Coach Moore for doing his best to play the top teams from eastern nc and southeastern va. For all those posters on here that try and give us flack year in and year about playing in a weak conference and not playing anyone in ooc, please just STOP. I can't wait for Oct when we get to go against these teams that always think we're over rated but at the same time won't schedule us.

The Eagles have two games that we could easily get beat in coming up. On the road at Northern Nash and Holmes.

If Northeastern loses to Northern Nash then you are overrated. That game should not be close. No disrespect to NN but they are still rebuilding.

Just so you know I was being sarcastic, but I can assure you we won't lose to Northern Nash. Edenton would crush them if they played them in Nash County

LOL. In our defense, they called the game with 9 minutes left in the 4th. I thought they were giving up but then I heard it was lightning. I am sure you will take care of business.

Reactions: daagoob and Swo_05
Edenton and Tarboro showdown is going to happen. I can't say these are the two best programs in the state because I know nothing of the teams out west. I can say that Edenton will be no easy out and that Stanley is for real. Edenton has one heck of a coaching staff that I don't think they get the credit they deserve.

Edenton and Tarboro showdown is going to happen. I can't say these are the two best programs in the state because I know nothing of the teams out west. I can say that Edenton will be no easy out and that Stanley is for real. Edenton has one heck of a coaching staff that I don't think they get the credit they deserve.
Win Championships,get credit

Reactions: daagoob and Swo_05
The Eagles were off tonight and head to Northern Nash next Friday. I did take in the Gates County game tonight and damn those boys have talent. They were very impressive, and that kicker of theirs, man I wish he was at Northeastern. Hes only a jr and already has ACC schools watching him. That kid drilled a 42 yarder dead center that would've been good from 60, and was pinning Southside back all night. Looking forward to seeing them play some more this year

23 carries for 322 yards and 5 tds !!! Kids a beast and only a jr. On top of that hes a great student

Wow and only a junior....i think its pretty much decided its going be Holmes and Tarboro in the 1AA eastern title....hell might aswell call that the 1AA state title game

Reactions: daagoob
Wow and only a junior....i think its pretty much decided its going be Holmes and Tarboro in the 1AA eastern title....hell might aswell call that the 1AA state title game

I believe your right. I know we will have our hands full with them in 2 weeks. That kid Stanley is also an outstanding student they say. Also I talked with some of his family today and they said his father broke all kinds of rushing records at Edenton and was a beast also. They said the only difference is that his father's grades held him back. I think if we can keep him under 200 yards rushing that we will win. We are awfully good our own selves. One thing you won't see in this upcoming game is much passing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT