ADVERTISEMENT

Edenton Holmes @ Elizabeth City Northeastern

I e been keeping up with you guys on here while watch DarkHorse soccer game . Tonight is the 4th round of the soccer playoffs so thing can get real difficult at that point of the playoffs
The #1 seeded DarkHorses lost 2-1 in double overtime to 5th seeded Greene Central ( the defeated Green Central 1-0 in a season ending non-conference game 2 weeks ago)
Interestingly, Greene Central knocks off both the #4 seed Manteo and #1 Clinton seed on the road in double overtime games by the same score in 4 days
Those guys on a roll aren’t they
I was at Clinton a year ago tonight (or tomorrow) for 2nd Rd game in the rain, was in the press box doing stats for South Granville....remember then the guys were also keeping an eye on 4th Rd soccer game

Had a good time at the game hanging out with Otis and FlyFalconFly. We have a new guy in the press box calling the games and he is incredible. Whoever it is sounds very professional and has done their homework. Also a plus in that they were keeping us updated with scores outside our area including score updates from Reidsville
As posted earlier Northeastern for the second straight game really didn’t play Tyselle. He took some handoffs but primarily he stayed on the sidelines. We took a big hit when #4 Devaughn Bell was helped off the field. He was playing extremely well tonight before he got injured. If he can’t come back we’re going to be in trouble. Our receivers stepped up big tonight after a couple of muffed passes early on. It was nice to see #2 Tyquan Harney back out on the field after missing the last three games. The announcer said he’s leading the state in a few categories at wide receiver. Our qb Tre Jones had another good night and played at a high level. I think #6 Tyelle Saunders had the biggest night as he caught pass after pass for big yardage. Not to mention the stiff arms he was giving to the Holmes defenders. Ty’jae Simpson and Paul Sylvester continue to impress and just keep getting better. Our coaches did a good job tonight with the play calling and our Eagles were able to control the game from start to finish. Hopefully we can get a couple players back and continue to survive and advance so we can get a shot at an eastern title. I guess my only knock on this team is our defensive play, It is a concern and somehow we’ve got to improve if we’re to win a title

Holme's secondary were horrible. And I can't phantom why they didn't try an on side kick when they had cut the lead to 14..

Reactions: daagoob
It was a good game for NE. They got to rest some and play some others. I don’t know if they throw that much every game but maybe Coach Moore was just trying some things. Holmes never really challenged them. Hopefully #4 for NE will be ok. They carried him off the field. It’s an exciting day!! Got more football tonight!

:)dagoob , what we were was referring to as “shocking” for some folks is occurring right now.
I predicted it; no more playoff football in Duplin County till next year. And it’s just 8:08pm

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: daagoob
dagoob, this doesn’t surprise me at all. Though they’ve had some great years 2023 has not been a great year for the ECC
I’ll be honest with you since the brackets came out I’ve been concerned abkut Hertford County in the 4th round in fact I’ve been concerned about them since year before last when the DarkHorses were fortunate to beat them when that QB was a sophmore. Fortunately we have 22 seniors from that team too this year. Shoukd be a great match up between a great offense against a great great defense (who has a pretty good offense themselves too!)

Reactions: Maiden Creek
dagoob, this doesn’t surprise me at all. Though they’ve had some great years 2023 has not been a great year for the ECC
I’ll be honest with you since the brackets came out I’ve been concerned abkut Hertford County in the 4th round in fact I’ve been concerned about them since year before last when the DarkHorses were fortunate to beat them when that QB was a sophmore. Fortunately we have 22 seniors from that team too this year. Shoukd be a great match up between a great offense against a great great defense (who has a pretty good offense themselves too!)
They played extremely well tonight and represented our conference against the ECC. They will definitely put points on the board. That qb is worth the price of admission

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT