ADVERTISEMENT

A lot to be excited for in Elizabeth City

I will say this, my source for information was spot on. NHS looked terrible. The good news is that it's early and time is on our side. We are far from being as good as we were last year at this point

I tell you one thing, Havelock was impressive. They have some weapons, and that scrimmage against Bishop Sullivan was a good one. Bishop Sullivan was huge

I tell you one thing, Havelock was impressive. They have some weapons, and that scrimmage against Bishop Sullivan was a good one. Bishop Sullivan was huge

That’s why it is a scrimmage. Not to mention that deep Creek is 2nd in the tidewater!

Reactions: eglfan
NHS has some things to work on but they didn’t look terrible....they looked like a team playing a scrimmage in the beginning of the season. Also it’s not like deep creek wasn’t a good team. They are a very solid team and they are 5A. QB has to work on some accuracy, but he has to get back in the groove...he definitely has an “arm” tho.

Reactions: dogs79
NHS has some things to work on but they didn’t look terrible....they looked like a team playing a scrimmage in the beginning of the season. Also it’s not like deep creek wasn’t a good team. They are a very solid team and they are 5A. QB has to work on some accuracy, but he has to get back in the groove...he definitely has an “arm” tho.

You guys need to take the blinders off. NHS doesn't look good at all and neither did Deep Creek. It doesn't matter if this was a scrimmage or not, our players looked like they weren't into it. We have a long way to go and I'm not sure that we will win our conference.

Last edited:
You guys need to take the blinders off. NHS doesn't look good at all and neither did Deep Creek. It doesn't matter if this was a scrimmage or not, our players looked like they weren't into it. We have a long way to go and I'm not sure that we will win our conference.

I’m just trying to figure out what qualifies you, your source, or anyone else to be an expert on nhs football. You say we need to take the blinders off but how bout you stop being so negative? It’s easy for people to be internet and pool room commentators when they’re sitting in the stands and not the ones out there playing. If your friend is a parent then instead of him talking negatively about his son, the qb, or any other player why don’t he try to encourage them or help them since he’s such a football expert! It’s kinda tough on these kids when all they hear is negative things in the community since JR left from people who should be uplifting them. The same thing that happened last year when they starting losing to WRH...people started to walk out the stands instead of staying and supporting a team that was undefeated up til that point. If you’re a fan, be a fan... not a fair weather fan! If all you’re gonna do is say negative stuff in the stands or in the community like some people then stay home! I am a parent, so yes that qualifies me to say what I’m saying before you even ask! I’m signing off....enjoy the season.

Ok been going to every NHS games for last 12 year's and they look terrible the quarter back telling people he doesn't want to be quarter back he's not comfortable at qb and am still a fan ..so eglfan you can talk to your head fall off

Reactions: daagoob
Ok been going to every NHS games for last 12 year's and they look terrible the quarter back telling people he doesn't want to be quarter back he's not comfortable at qb and am still a fan ..so eglfan you can talk to your head fall off

How do you know he said that? Did he tell you that? Maybe if people weren’t so negative he wouldn’t be uncomfortable if he did say that. That being said, who scored all the points last night?? The quarterback did....

Just a little info then I’m logging off for real...last night two senior starters were out and couldn’t play. Plus up until game day the qb didn’t even know if he was going to able to play due to some health issues. Maybe people can quit making judgments and realize that it’s more than a game to these kids. Regardless of how the season turns out, as long as they do their best...that’s all that matters. Bottom line..

How do you know he said that? Did he tell you that? Maybe if people weren’t so negative he wouldn’t be uncomfortable if he did say that. That being said, who scored all the points last night?? The quarterback did....

All 8 of them lol, please just stop. James and I never miss a game. We go to every away game regardless of who the opponent is or where it is. We are as diehard as they come. That being said we not going to try and mislead others and make them think we are really good when we're not.

All 8 of them lol, please just stop. James and I never miss a game. We go to every away game regardless of who the opponent is or where it is. We are as diehard as they come. That being said we not going to try and mislead others and make them think we are really good when we're not.

And the td that was called back but funny how people talk when they not doing nothing but sitting in the stands. Good for you if you go to every game...you still ain’t contributing nothing to the team but talking.

Reactions: dirtybird88
Just a little info then I’m logging off for real...last night two senior starters were out and couldn’t play. Plus up until game day the qb didn’t even know if he was going to able to play due to some health issues. Maybe people can quit making judgments and realize that it’s more than a game to these kids. Regardless of how the season turns out, as long as they do their best...that’s all that matters. Bottom line..
I agree with you this time, all I'm saying is that we don't look anywhere near as good as we did last year. Also our qb play last night was not good. Maybe he was under the weather and hopefully that was the case. We all want the eagles to win a c'ship and get that monkey off our back

On another note, I was really impressed with First Flight. They played really good considering what they have to work with.

I dont think you guys are as bad as your making it out to be......its a preseason scrimmage mistakes are normal for any team at this point in the year...i guess the point is to make these mistakes in August aslong as you not making em in November...yall will be fine still my non bias pick to represent the 2A east at State this year

Reactions: eglfan
I dont think you guys are as bad as your making it out to be......its a preseason scrimmage mistakes are normal for any team at this point in the year...i guess the point is to make these mistakes in August aslong as you not making em in November...yall will be fine still my non bias pick to represent the 2A east at State this year
That's cause the worst thing for you would be WRH win no 8. Oh ,that pick is very bias

That's cause the worst thing for you would be WRH win no 8. Oh ,that pick is very bias

How much sense does that make....how does it effect me if WRH wins number 8???....idc im not out there playing....i got mines......im speaking on my non bias opinion i think Northeastern will represent the east

It is funny how every thread a Wallace pops up......but we are the ones full of ourselves....We play the games for a reason....hope everyone has a good injury free season

Darkhorse I promise you that we are nowhere near last years team. We're going to need all the stars to line up just right for us to make it to the 2a east c'ship game. I appreciate the props you've given us though. You know I love to boast and brag about NHS but I'm definitely not going to this year. Time is on our side though so maybe coach can make something special happen. I mean we do have one of the top players in the state on our team so that will definitely help

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
Its all about peaking at the right time really....and combo with that having a player like Freshwater who can single handily take over a game...trust me i played on some teams like that its possible

Reactions: eglfan and daagoob
He wouldn't have scored if there wasn't a penalty.

Dude we’re you even paying attention?...qb ran td in first play of their second possession. It was called back for a non-existent holding penalty. He scored again later and ran in the two point conversion. There was a penalty of roughing the passer because he was hit after he threw the ball..which was a good call. It doesn’t freaking matter how he scored as long as the team scores! For y’all to be such die hard fans y’all are worse than people who are fans of other schools. As far as being nowhere as good as last year...duh, that’s because it’s a whole different year. Quit comparing them to last year, those boys are gone and they’re rebuilding. It’s fans like you guys our team doesn’t need.

Last edited:

Thank you! How about we trade you for some of these other “fans” we have!

Dude we’re you even paying attention?...qb ran td in first play of their second possession. It was called back for a non-existent holding penalty. He scored again later and ran in the two point conversion. There was a penalty of roughing the passer because he was hit after he threw the ball..which was a good call. It doesn’t freaking matter how he scored as long as the team scores! For y’all to be such die hard fans y’all are worse than people who are fans of other schools. As far as being nowhere as good as last year...duh, that’s because it’s a whole different year. Quit comparing them to last year, those boys are gone and they’re rebuilding. It’s fans like you guys our team doesn’t need.
Nonexistent holding penalty , lol.. Just stop, your making yourself look foolish. DUDE, your a riot. Next thing your gonna call me BRO. For a parent (as you previously stated) you sure talk like a kid.

Reactions: dogs79 and Otis4411
Nonexistent holding penalty , lol.. Just stop, your making yourself look foolish. DUDE, your a riot. Next thing your gonna call me BRO. For a parent (as you previously stated) you sure talk like a kid.

I agree NHS did not look as the NHS from last year but it is early. They won every 7on7 they attended this year except losing to Havelock in the beast of the east at ECU. Not to mention having 3 or 4 D1 athletes in (Baum, Freshwater, Ferguson and possibly Harris). So the kid can throw the ball and is the conference fastest kid in track. I appreciate your opinion but what kills me is the fans that just show up on Fridays and knows everything about a team. Smh. Good luck to the Eagles!

I agree NHS did not look as the NHS from last year but it is early. They won every 7on7 they attended this year except losing to Havelock in the beast of the east at ECU. Not to mention having 3 or 4 D1 athletes in (Baum, Freshwater, Ferguson and possibly Harris). So the kid can throw the ball and is the conference fastest kid in track. I appreciate your opinion but what kills me is the fans that just show up on Fridays and knows everything about a team. Smh. Good luck to the Eagles!
Your correct about Freshwater and Baum, but as far as Harris playing football at a D1 school that not happening. No question he's the fastest on our team but I'm just not liking what I'm seeing from him at qb. I think maybe I'm being misunderstood so let me clarify myself a lil better. I don't want fans from other schools up here thinking we are someone that were clearly not. We have no Dallas Hall at qb this year and Walker is gone. It's going to take some time this year for coach to try and get this group of kids on the same page and playing together. It's clearly going to be a work in progress. All last year I posted up here and bragged about how great our team was and that we were going to easily win the east. Dogs79,Wizard of the East,Darkhorse, Otis, and many others back me up on this. I even met up with all the WRH fans before our game and ate dinner and hung out with them the entire game. I offered all of them 14pts lol. Thank God there weren't any takers. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that at this point and time were not looking like a contender. I think qb play is really going to hurt us this year. A few years back we had a similar qb in gedari liverman and we were successful until he got hurt at the Washington game in the Eastern Regional C'ships. So there is some hope and maybe he will prove me wrong. I just don't want to paint everyone this picture of someone were not. Unlike us here in the area, the only opportunity many of them will get to see Northeastern play is in the playoffs if we face off against one of their teams.

Oh and by the way........ NHS has 9 starters back on defense! Offense behind but the defense should hold it together until they catch up
I couldn't agree more. See we can actually agree on something. Although your completely off base when you made the comment about some of us only coming out on Friday nights. I'm a lot closer to this program than you think and have been for years.

It’s “fans” like the people on this forum that the players absolutely hate. For the simple fact that as soon as they have one bad game, or in this matter scrimmage, people are quick to get up here and run their mouths. It is not you or anyone elses place to tell fans from other schools how good we are or how good that we aren’t. People kill me acting like NHS football is a freaking allstar team or playing in the NFL or something. You want the team to do well and win, but don’t you think that the negative things people are saying will do nothing but discourage them? You don’t coach. You don’t play. As a matter of fact, 9 times out of 10, you have no interaction with any of the players. All you do is pay your little $6 every Friday night at the games so in all actuality, how you feel does not matter. Leave the boys alone. And just give them time to show what they can really do.

It’s “fans” like the people on this forum that the players absolutely hate. For the simple fact that as soon as they have one bad game, or in this matter scrimmage, people are quick to get up here and run their mouths. It is not you or anyone elses place to tell fans from other schools how good we are or how good that we aren’t. People kill me acting like NHS football is a freaking allstar team or playing in the NFL or something. You want the team to do well and win, but don’t you think that the negative things people are saying will do nothing but discourage them? You don’t coach. You don’t play. As a matter of fact, 9 times out of 10, you have no interaction with any of the players. All you do is pay your little $6 every Friday night at the games so in all actuality, how you feel does not matter. Leave the boys alone. And just give them time to show what they can really do.
I don't agree with everything,everyone says. The kids do read and has fun with almost all opinions in here. If you don't want to read it,then don't. If people(including me sometimes)wants to embarrass ourselves,then so be it. Within reason of course. I love my team,and hate yours. What's wrong with that. Love all the people tho

Reactions: daagoob

If we as posters up here shouldn't post our thoughts on what we've seen so far then why have forums? People should stop being so sensitive. Forums are for discussion and expressing ones thoughts.

I don't agree with everything,everyone says. The kids do read and has fun with almost all opinions in here. If you don't want to read it,then don't. If people(including me sometimes)wants to embarrass ourselves,then so be it. Within reason of course. I love my team,and hate yours. What's wrong with that. Love all the people tho

Dogs79 we had a good time up here last year didn't we. You guys got the last laugh on me in the end but for the most part I was correct on my predictions all year. Im looking forward to joking and talking a lil trash with everyone once again this year. Also, when we meet up in the playoffs dinner is on you,lol

Reactions: dogs79
Dogs79 we had a good time up here last year didn't we. You guys got the last laugh on me in the end but for the most part I was correct on my predictions all year. Im looking forward to joking and talking a lil trash with everyone once again this year. Also, when we meet up in the playoffs dinner is on you,lol
Dog gone right!

As a so called fan, you sure talk like you’re not a fan sometimes. The call was non-existent because the coaches have sideline hudl so they showed the ref the replay and it was said it shouldn’t have been called! I know ins and outs of what happens with the team because I’m actually invested and interact with them! Yes I called you dude, but it’s better than some other words....

And by the way, it’s you’re not your! You’re a riot!! Lmbo!

Last edited:
After talking to players and coaches..Last year during the Scrimmages NHS didn't look that good either! They aren't concerned because they use the Scrimmage to put the puzzle together! They also said Deep Creek will win their conference and is ranked 3rd in the Tidewater this year behind Bishop Sullivan and Oscar Smith! They are returning 18 starters/4 DI players and their middle linebacker has 10 offers already (5 ACC teams) Aaron Harris is about to be offered from Charleston Southern, and Elon both DI Schools. Coach Moore is very excited about this team and believes they will be right back in the hunt. He also believes Aaron will be the 2018 Gedari. I can’t wait until Dagoob and James Davis eat crow and neither can they!

Last edited:
Your correct about Freshwater and Baum, but as far as Harris playing football at a D1 school that not happening. No question he's the fastest on our team but I'm just not liking what I'm seeing from him at qb. I think maybe I'm being misunderstood so let me clarify myself a lil better. I don't want fans from other schools up here thinking we are someone that were clearly not. We have no Dallas Hall at qb this year and Walker is gone. It's going to take some time this year for coach to try and get this group of kids on the same page and playing together. It's clearly going to be a work in progress. All last year I posted up here and bragged about how great our team was and that we were going to easily win the east. Dogs79,Wizard of the East,Darkhorse, Otis, and many others back me up on this. I even met up with all the WRH fans before our game and ate dinner and hung out with them the entire game. I offered all of them 14pts lol. Thank God there weren't any takers. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that at this point and time were not looking like a contender. I think qb play is really going to hurt us this year. A few years back we had a similar qb in gedari liverman and we were successful until he got hurt at the Washington game in the Eastern Regional C'ships. So there is some hope and maybe he will prove me wrong. I just don't want to paint everyone this picture of someone were not. Unlike us here in the area, the only opportunity many of them will get to see Northeastern play is in the playoffs if we face off against one of their teams.

Let me inform you of some things, Harris already has several schools including D1 schools looking at him. If you’re as close to the team as you say you are you would know that he plays several other positions....not just qb. You act like you’re an expert on everything when you really have no idea.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT