ADVERTISEMENT

A lot to be excited for in Elizabeth City

Wow DH looks very very small and very slow. Northeastern looks like everyone standing watching freshwater and number 5 play. DH might win one or two games this year and you all are beating your chest about beating this team.

Wow, you really have to try to be negative towards NHS huh? That team was not small, I was there! Their backs weren’t that big, but the rest of the players were good sized. In fact, their line was pretty big. They have a player who’s already committed to ECU, #5. They weren’t slow they just weren’t fast enough! You hate NHS, we get that...but they WON Friday night....enough said.

Last edited:
Them boys from DH never Seen the weight room or just tiny. The dude that caught the td is about 5'6 135 at best. Their backs are about the same. Hope northeastern is not.m excited about that game. DH looked way over matched but the score was that close

Them boys from DH never Seen the weight room or just tiny. The dude that caught the td is about 5'6 135 at best. Their backs are about the same. Hope northeastern is not.m excited about that game. DH looked way over matched but the score was that close
Not sure, I wasn't there. I'm only going off the stats and what my friend who was there told me. He said the field conditions were really bad and Freshwater was cramping bad

Freshwater looked like man among boys out there. He looks as good as advertised

Yea after watching him last year i say he is 5 star talent and i dont care how many stars they assign him. Funny thing is I was more impressed with Walker that night running the ball. Its a shame Walker transferred.

Reactions: Swo_05 and daagoob
Simmons Picks has Northeastern beating 5a Norview, Va by 47,wow!! I like NHS in this one but I'm not sure about that kind of a point spread. We're not playing Camden County lol

Reactions: Swo_05
Great night for football in Elizabeth City. Norview High from Norfolk, VA was well represented. They brought a big following of fans. Simmons had us as a 47 pt favorite but I knew that was kind of crazy. A few observations from the game tonight in my eyes. There were a few college recruiters in attendance for tonights game. Freshwater didn't have one of his best games but he still impressed. Quasi Thomas had a nice game and scored a couple tds. Our qb Aaron Harris is not the most accurate passer but damn if he can't run. That kid is super fast and he has some moves. If he finds a hole he is gone and your not catching him. The transfer Marcel Lewis from Nansemond River Va. didn't disappoint. He was all over the place making tackles and disrupting passes. Even though we lost one of our best defensive players in Jorrell Baum the Eagles defense held its own. Staten #55 was on his game all night. He really looked good. Holden Hodge,Mercer,and Riddick all played really good. Our kicking game, well it'll be a work in progress. In a few weeks we have a game on the road at #2 Holmes (1a) and it's not going to be easy. That's a huge game in a hostile environment against a very good team.

How's your popcorn tasting bro. Shut these WRH fans up. You should have seen them leaving the stands before the game was over. They were all pissed. Stood by the face, before the game, they all talking blow out. Heard one guy say 50-0 at half and he was leaving at half to go watch ED play down the road. They left heads down sequel tires out the parking lot. Got to love it. SWO 5-0 at the dog pound all time. That transfer we got was the difference maker. He broke two long 60+ TD runs. Believe he plays vs jville might have been closer.

Reactions: daagoob
How's your popcorn tasting bro. Shut these WRH fans up. You should have seen them leaving the stands before the game was over. They were all pissed. Stood by the face, before the game, they all talking blow out. Heard one guy say 50-0 at half and he was leaving at half to go watch ED play down the road. They left heads down sequel tires out the parking lot. Got to love it. SWO 5-0 at the dog pound all time. That transfer we got was the difference maker. He broke two long 60+ TD runs. Believe he plays vs jville might have been closer.
I was going to that game until you told me not to waste my gas. Your team either really surprised you or WRH was over hyped. That's a huge victory for your team. If Northeastern doesn't get tripped up before the playoffs then we will control our own destiny. Like you stated a few weeks back, NHS always benefits from playing in a weak conference and is awarded a high seed come the playoffs. If we run the table then we'd be the #1 seed in small 2a and have home field advantage through out the playoffs. After tonight's Stallions win I will now look at them differently, congrats, huge win.

I was going to that game until you told me not to waste my gas. Your team either really surprised you or WRH was over hyped. That's a huge victory for your team. If Northeastern doesn't get tripped up before the playoffs then we will control our own destiny. Like you stated a few weeks back, NHS always benefits from playing in a weak conference and is awarded a high seed come the playoffs. If we run the table then we'd be the #1 seed in small 2a and have home field advantage through out the playoffs. After tonight's Stallions win I will now look at the differntly, congrats, huge win.

Just was messing with you about wasting the gas money. WRH had a blowout so just going along with them. JHS killed us with the pass, WRH had no pass so our defense looked alot better tonight. The transfer looked great. We will be a hard out come playoff time. We will win conference undefeated. Hoping for same as last year. Eastern finals. Think WRH won't be around that late in the season. Might be playing northeastern at the corral. We shall see might be up in Northeastern. Hell of a drive that's for sure. Always hard to get off the bus and play after sitting for that long.

Dagoob, I haven't read a word of this thread. However, bottom line, you have to win in the playoffs. I wish you well, but the doubters will jump on you like your future ex-wife.

Dagoob, I haven't read a word of this thread. However, bottom line, you have to win in the playoffs. I wish you well, but the doubters will jump on you like your future ex-wife.
I couldn't agree more. Northeastern is my school and every year we make a deep run in the playoffs only to come up short. 2 eastern finals and one 2a c'ship game in the last 8 years and we still have no rings. Northeastern was loaded last yr with talent. Our 2a program had two 4 star players in Jr Walker and Traveon Freshwater plus a 6'6 qb who is at Hampton University now. WRH came to Elizabeth City and we failed to show up. We clearly had more talent but we cam up short in a shootout. This year once again we are loaded. Not quite as well as we were last but definitely better than most.We have a new transfer who has been impressive and our qb is dangerous when he's running. There is no reason we shouldn't make the eastern c'ship this year, but we'll see. I never thought we'd lose to WRH last year and we did.

Reactions: seadog28 and Swo_05
Football down east is serious. Very rich in history. In a ten year span Clinton or SWO represent the east in the title game. SWO won 3 and Clinton won 2 in 2A ball. WRH has been on a tear in 1AA lately and took the crown in 2A. Four in a row, super hard to do. Use to be a saying we don't rebuild we reload. SWO has fallen off recently since the legend Phil retired. But maybe this year the young coach (SWO alumni) can get the ship turned back to the standard we are used to at SWO

I have no dog in 2AA. SWO small 2a. Heard hibriten is loaded again this year.

WRH plays 11 games this year. If WRH wins out, then they get to drop a non conference loss. Even if Northeastern runs the table the rest of the regular season, there will still be a coin flip because Northeastern and WRH will have identical records entering the playoffs at 10-0.

WRH plays 11 games this year. If WRH wins out, then they get to drop a non conference loss. Even if Northeastern runs the table the rest of the regular season, there will still be a coin flip because Northeastern and WRH will have identical records entering the playoffs at 10-0.
I'm not sure what you mean. Northeastern also plays an 11 game schedule. Could you elaborate a little because I know playoff seeding can be controversial from year to year. I know Northeastern got railroaded a few years back and had to play the eastern c'ship at Washington.

WRH won't win out LoL. They have to play Havelock which is a Def lose after seeing them last night. Also play ED who beat them last year and Clinton. Not saying either will beat WRH just saying they aren't in as easy conference as say northeastern or SWO. Each team can drop a non conference loss entering the playoffs. So if SWO wins out then enter 10-0 same goes with WRH but highly doubt WRH beats havelock.

WRH won't win out LoL. They have to play Havelock which is a Def lose after seeing them last night. Also play ED who beat them last year and Clinton. Not saying either will beat WRH just saying they aren't in as easy conference as say northeastern or SWO. Each team can drop a non conference loss entering the playoffs. So if SWO wins out then enter 10-0 same goes with WRH but highly doubt WRH beats havelock.

I had forgotten all about Havelock.No disrespect to my friends at WRH but the Dogs will not beat Havelock. I have a lot of friends from WRH so obviously I'm pulling for them but this year's Havelock squad is for real. They played a scrimmage 3 weeks ago in Elizabeth City and went toe 2 toe against Bishop Sullivan. Other than their defense they looked great going up against the top team in Va.

The NCHSAA only takes 10 games into consideration when doing seeding, because a lot of teams dont play endowment games, and only play 10 games. Because if this, the NCHSAA allows these teams that play 11 games to drop a non-conference loss.

I couldn't agree more. Northeastern is my school and every year we make a deep run in the playoffs only to come up short. 2 eastern finals and one 2a c'ship game in the last 8 years and we still have no rings. Northeastern was loaded last yr with talent. Our 2a program had two 4 star players in Jr Walker and Traveon Freshwater plus a 6'6 qb who is at Hampton University now. WRH came to Elizabeth City and we failed to show up. We clearly had more talent but we cam up short in a shootout. This year once again we are loaded. Not quite as well as we were last but definitely better than most.We have a new transfer who has been impressive and our qb is dangerous when he's running. There is no reason we shouldn't make the eastern c'ship this year, but we'll see. I never thought we'd lose to WRH last year and we did.
Don't know about NE not showing up last year. But,I know who did!

I got North eastern in the 2a east finals. Who they will meet is the big question. Don't count out wrh, its several options that I see out east.

I think your right. If a team can shut our run game down and make our qb have to throw then they'll have a chance. If our qb gets loose,finds a hole and takes off he won't be caught. Our defense took a hit with the loss of Baum but we are still better than most. There's a possibility we get him back for the playoffs. Our kicking game now is another issue lol. We will be going for 2 pts a lot. We benefited many years from having a really good kicker but not anymore.

Man overall northeastern looked good. But that QB you got is lucky to not have three ints in the first half. They hit the other team straight in the hands and they plain dropped it. Not sure if you will be able to just run the ball at SWO like that this year, without the pass. Northeastern last year could really throw the ball. The QB does have some wheels which could make up for it. Maybe run the option or the veer. But against good defense will not allow the runs like that promise you that. Ask WRH fans our line offense and defense are huge. But good luck with the next few weeks. Hope we meet up in the playoffs

Man overall northeastern looked good. But that QB you got is lucky to not have three ints in the first half. They hit the other team straight in the hands and they plain dropped it. Not sure if you will be able to just run the ball at SWO like that this year, without the pass. Northeastern last year could really throw the ball. The QB does have some wheels which could make up for it. Maybe run the option or the veer. But against good defense will not allow the runs like that promise you that. Ask WRH fans our line offense and defense are huge. But good luck with the next few weeks. Hope we meet up in the playoffs
From day one I've expressed my concerns about us having little to no passing attack. If a team shuts our run game down then we're in trouble. We were spoiled last year when we could do both.

Reactions: dogs79 and Swo_05
Northeastern plays host to Camden County this Friday night. In two games this year against both Weldon and Currituck County the Bruins have been outscored 96-0. I believe I will go to see Gates County @ Bertie County.

Northeastern plays host to Camden County this Friday night. In two games this year against both Weldon and Currituck County the Bruins have been outscored 96-0. I believe I will go to see Gates County @ Bertie County.
I know Gates is your adopted team this year but why not stay in town and watch Holmes and Pasquotank?

I know Gates is your adopted team this year but why not stay in town and watch Holmes and Pasquotank?

Haha!!! That game wont be much better. The best game in the area will be Gates@Bertie. I like Bertie in this one but I wouldn't be surprised if Gates won. I have Gates finishing runner-up in their conference behind your Aces. The new poll over on CP is also showing them some love.

Thought you were coming the DC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT