ADVERTISEMENT

2A Eastern Finals: Clinton @ SWO

Na, they'll just cram it right down the throat of that undersized nose guard #28. Then they'll go outside to the tiny #1 and #2 cornerbacks.

3dgrin.r191677.gif

Ima just say this and im done posting for this week cause its not like any real discuss is going on...SWO has a heck of a team that defense is the real deal and with the motivation of playing for a head coach ending his career they can probably play with anyone....but Clinton has a great team aswell maybe we have not seen speed like yours all season but i doubt you have seen a team with as much heart/leadership that this Clinton team has the seniors have been great all year im just a fan i had my time on the field won a ring I really hope these seniors get that same opportunity.........my final prediction Clinton 14 SWO 7
"You're the best boys, there is nobody better"- Coach Robert Hill

Who cares how many appearances your team has made, we're talking about THIS Friday night! The pressure is all on SWO and that's just the way we like it.

Lol the pressure isnt on swo clinton is the team thats senior heavy .. rember dude we went to a state title last yr with a jv team lmao were all juniors this ... win or lose we will be rite back next yr ... or should I say as history proves lmao

Ninja- SWO is sort of young but seniors Ottey,Haynes, Pouncey, Wells, Platt and Humphries have played a major part in the Stallions success this year you have to agree and losing those 6 plus the coaching legend will hurt SWO just alittle next season.

Originally posted by fballguru24:

Ninja- SWO is sort of young but seniors Ottey,Haynes, Pouncey, Wells, Platt and Humphries have played a major part in the Stallions success this year you have to agree and losing those 6 plus the coaching legend will hurt SWO just alittle next season.
guru24, Ninja will tell ya thats not a problem for SWO. He will tell us all that Blue Creek Elem. has got bout 15-20 coming up to SWO next year and will ALL start on varsity. :)

I have seen Clinton play in person and on film....they are the real deal, and can easily win this game. As for all the pressure being on SWO, to be honest I don't know what it is about this group of kids , but they always go thru the emotions in practice and show up big in games....don't really think they get into the whole pressure of emotions or really even aware of how big this game is. Might have something to do with the fact that for most of these kids, it will be there 3rd straight East finals, and if we make it, could be their 3rd finals. SWO will see a drop off next year and will continue to get worse over the next few years unless they change the district lines. We cant keep going down in kids and no building going on in what is considered SWO district. Yes it will hurt to loose coach(he aint gone yet), but we have guys on staff that will step in for him that has learned under him. I think the lack of kids and athletes is what going to get us the most, esp in the next 3 to 4 years....even if somwehow Coach was to come back. You cant coach what you aint got, just the truth. Ive heard that they have to redistrict soon because of over population at others schools, I hope its done before next year so we can stay 2A, if not we will def. drop back down to 1A and the program will see a decline simply because of the reasons I mentioned.

This post was edited on 12/3 10:24 AM by stallion4life

This post was edited on 12/3 10:27 AM by stallion4life

What is largest crowd that you SWO guys have ever experienced at home? Do u expect this one to top that 1? Expect 3k plus?

Darkhorse 04 ..biggest crowd that's easy 2003 10 -0 southwest vs 10 -0 Richlands .... 5000 people at least .. big crowd Friday nite no I don't think so folks jus don't come out like they use to cause it's nothing new I guess

Originally posted by thelastninja:
Darkhorse 04 ..biggest crowd that's easy 2003 10 -0 southwest vs 10 -0 Richlands .... 5000 people at least .. big crowd Friday nite no I don't think so folks jus don't come out like they use to cause it's nothing new I guess
Ninja, With the weather forcast to be in the 50's Friday nite it wouldn't surprise me if the 2003 attendance isn't bout the same.

No game will ever top the 2003 Richlands matchup@ SWO...this game is bigger..but people simply do not attend games like in the old days..I remember the 2000 matchup at Clinton with SWO...wall to wall.EB Clinton this year was a battle of unbeatens and CHS had close to the # of EB fans on the road(SWO attendance and I assume all schools compared to the 90's is down..though SWO still has good crowds compared to most schools).People just do not attend anymore..alot of kids could care less reference school spirit and whats sad with all the teams remaining a lot of fans on the boards will actually care more if our team wins or loses than some of the kids in the student body.The world today

Another event will also hurt attendance. There is, I think, 5 local BasketBall games friday night. The sports editor of the JDNews did an article suggesting that they be rescheduled, but that wont happen.

In my High School days, early 60s, Just about every student went to the games. The student section was huge, along with the band. Every one cheered along with the Cheer Leaders and the band went non-stop. Our stadium in San Diego was a bowl into the side of a canyon. It was deafening. The best times I have had in my life. And they actually sat and watched the game ..... lol.

I would take my daughter to the SWO games with me and I would see her at half-time (wanting money) and at the end when we left she would ask "Who Won"

Growing up in Clinton in the 90's i loved going to games it was like watching a NFL game me and my friends use to stand at the entrance to the fieldhouse and high 5 the players when they came out....times have changed

I am not going to able to go to games does anyone know if it is going to be on radio where i can listen on internet

It use to be the only way to see your friends was to go out to the games, today kids can text, tweet, instagram and facebook each other all night. Kids use to go to the park and play, have you been to a park lately? There nobody there even on a sunny day.

The largest crowd I've ever seen at a high school site was at East Dunlin on December 5 , 1997 Clinton vs East Duplin for the Eastern Championship. ED beaten Clinton at Clinton during regular season but Clinton won the eastern championship game 35-0 and beat Shelby the followings selfie the state championship . That night at east Duplin there was easily 5.000 people and on that cold December night ost were there in place by 6pm. It was very cold that night but there were so man people shoulder it wasn that bad. Great atmosphere!

Nice write ups in the game in both papers Jdnews and Sampson independent....getting closer and closer to Friday...tryn to get Coop to come to the gane with me

it was colder that night at east duplin than it was the next week in chapel hill...but boy, that big ole W made it feel a whole lot better!

and i don't think it was standing room only...the only room was outside of the stadium! i think the bathrooms were packed!

Was I said the largest crowd I've ever seen and I've Ben to several hundred games. This weeks game has the potential to exceed that number. I know the SWO has always been hospitable and accomadable. Looking forward to it. A game like this doesn't come around every year!

I witnessed that ed/clinton game in 97...that year during the season they won by field goals in clinton...but in Duplin y'all spanked em....I anticipate that type crowd, but it's still a lot of games thats going on close to this area....wrh/jk is one, 5 basketball games going on as well...

I don't think the crowd will be big at .. their is 5 local basketball games in onslow county m . typically u would Dixon Richlands Swansboro northside .. jax an white oak people at are eastern finals not this Friday thou

Great article in Todays JDNews. (link provided) Covers mostly Clintons Return to the Top.

A couple of interesting comparisons:

Clinton has passed for 543 yards while rushing for 4,009 yards

sophomore Ryheem Skinner, who's rushed for 1,858 yards and 23 TDs

Southwest has about twice as many passing yards as Clinton

Stallions are still predominantly a running team under coach Phil Padgett with 4,431 yards rushing

senior Aurelio Ottey’s 1,569 yards and 20 TDs

Given that, Lewis was asked what he expects Friday night at The Corral.
“I expect this thing may be over in an hour,” he said, laughing.
This post was edited on 12/4 8:53 AM by SWO-#1

This post was edited on 12/4 8:55 AM by SWO-#1

http://www.jdnews.com/sports/local/clinton-s-back-

That was a classy post from JDN. I have to agree with Ninja, whichever team loses will be back next year. Easily the best game in the state, regardless of classification.

Thanks for the link dh34 that was a good read also read the capsules....I think this will be one heck of a game!!!!! GO STALLIONS!!!!GO HARD OR GO HOME!!! SHOW UP & SHOW OUT!!!

Ding Ding Ding Ding...........LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!! Well bout to go and get in this deer stand, then off to get some work done and try to make day go by faster. Praying for all safe travels to and from game , hope to meet some of you great fans at the game tonight......GOOOOOOOOOOO Stallionssssssssssss!!!!

http://www.jdnews.com/sports/local/swo-clinton-meet-for-trip-to-state-2-a-title-game-1.409579?tc=cr Very good article in todays jdnews

Good luck to both these tradition rich football programs,looking forward to seeing the winner in Winston next weekend,this game is to close to call for me,so I'll say the winner will win by 2pts,turnovers,penalties and field position will be the key,as it is in every game.

This post was edited on 12/5 10:10 AM by TVILLEDAWG2370

All the talk is over and done with nothing else to do but watch two great teams go at it.....Horses leave it all on the field lets handle business and bring that Regional Championship back to the C....GO HORSES!!!!!!!!

SWO#1 if your cable provider is anyone else other than time Warner are you still able to stream the championship games???

Originally posted by guttancSWO36:
SWO#1 if your cable provider is anyone else other than time Warner are you still able to stream the championship games???
Its streamed over the Internet. Has been for a few years now. I dont have cable at all, satallite, DishNet and Now Huges Net. I have watched it the last two years. Here is the link for the site. I guess it will be the same this year. they do all the Championship games.

http://triangle.news14.com/

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT