ADVERTISEMENT

2a east favorites

SWO4EVEr91

Feb 23, 2023
Who is bringing the smoke this year

Clinton always well coached and strong team
Wrh got some horses returned. Keep eye on Carr. Dude is a monster. Wish he never left swo. But what can ya do
ED. State Champs wow never thought that would happen. After watching Tion Powell an Greg never win one wow congrats
NE always hyped up, but goobs think they got weapons an I trust him. So they be in the mix for east finals
WC an ottis got the sleeper, I've heard from some sources they got some meat In the kitchen so we will see

Yea SWO roadkill from what I've heard. Looking very bad in the west. Not sure whats going on. Won't even let me into home games so I watch from the fence. Kinda crazy I know, donated 8K every year for 19 Years in a row.

Who else in the east gonna be doing work this year??????

Wallace
ED
JK
NE
Clinton

No specific order.

I hope SWO can get back to being a contender. They used to be so good.

Not anytime soon, sad days ahead for SWO. I thought bringing back Kendric Burney to coach, would change that. But nothing, give him credit he was only coach trying to hype up the boys and on the sidelines with a ton of energy.

WRH is my favorite out of the East. Corbin is a man playing with boys out there

ED lost a lot, but damn did they calm them west haters down lol. Loved to see that. Same thing SWO did with back to back titles vs cummings n Shelby.

Clinton will always be in the mix, just think coach Johnson can't take them over the hump.

all Good programs. Would love to see my horses get over the hump. Agree 100% about SWO. The east needs them to be good. I’d love to see an all horses Eastern Championship.

I remember for like 10 years Clinton or SWO represented the east in the finals. My how times have changed lol good luck to Clinton this year, tons of talent I saw on the field vs ED

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Haven’t heard that at all, but I’ve been all but banned from team access. My fandom got the best of me just one to many times. I’m gonna just stay in my booth and do my
”little radio thing”

go horses!

Geez they locked you out as well. The radio man? What a shame. Did the same to me. Wild how things are happening on this great country

Reactions: Maiden Creek
I hear Clinton be crootin. Got 3 D-1 players on the team (all 3 offered). Some have told me this is the year or not at all. Idk. I’ll be watching but I plan to attend some other games too. I just love HS football.
Based off what we return one could definitely say championship or bust. We shall see looking forward to it.

Why put that pressure on the kids and coaches? But at Clinton every year should be ship or bust
You basically answered your own question. They’re always expectations to win here. Just looking at what we return majority of these kids have been starters since they were sophomores some freshman. This senior class is very experienced,tested,and talented probably one of the most talented we had since the 2016 team. This group was a failed two point conversion away from beating the eventual State Champions. Nothing is guaranteed but if I was a betting man I would go all in on Clinton being one of the favorites not only in 2A east but 2A all together.

You basically answered your own question. They’re always expectations to win here. Just looking at what we return majority of these kids have been starters since they were sophomores some freshman. This senior class is very experienced,tested,and talented probably one of the most talented we had since the 2016 team. This group was a failed two point conversion away from beating the eventual State Champions. Nothing is guaranteed but if I was a betting man I would go all in on Clinton being one of the favorites not only in 2A east but 2A all together.

All aboard! Choo choo!

I hear Clinton be crootin. Got 3 D-1 players on the team (all 3 offered). Some have told me this is the year or not at all. Idk. I’ll be watching but I plan to attend some other games too. I just love HS football.
DarkHorses are loaded, best team they’ve had in years. If they play smart (and they should with a veteran grouup) they’re definite championship contender.
Gonna be fun to watch play!

Wrh got some horses returned. Keep eye on Carr. Dude is a monster. Wish he never left swo. But what can ya do
ED. State Champs wow never thought that would happen. After watching Tion Powell an Greg never win one wow congrats
NE always hyped up, but goobs think they got weapons an I trust him. So they be in the mix for east finals
WC an ottis got the sleeper, I've heard from some sources they got some meat In the kitchen so we will see

Yea SWO roadkill from what I've heard. Looking very bad in the west. Not sure whats going on. Won't even let me into home games so I watch from the fence. Kinda crazy I know, donated 8K every year for 19 Years in a row.

Welcome back! This board needs you and your knowledge imo

It’s Kerr

Come on man it wasn’t that bad. We ran the wildcat basically the entire game.

Wasn't that bad? I bleed black-and-orange, graduated and had two kids graduated from SWO. Nothing besides GREAT at SWO is unacceptable period. WRH running the wildcat all game and still won is wild, to me. Stack the box and control the whole game, oh yea forgot KERR in the backfield and torched us lol. Maybe in five years SWO will be respected lol. Maybe give Burney the keys to the WEST and maybe just maybe , become respected again. Highly doubt it though. Guess since Dempsey got orange hair he fits the mascot theme, I'm not sure anymore. Won 2 games make the playoffs and it's all gravy in the west lol

I have been out of the loop for awhile, probably since 2018, but I always keep an eye on SWO. Is Dempsey still coaching? What in the world is going on, they ain't allowing people in. WHAT!!

Friends close to the program started backing away back in 2018. It frustrates me because growing up SWO had a fun community, and a great football team. Southwest was great because the last names where about the same every year. That let's me know that more military is moving in, and kids are not staying around after graduation.

SWO was a special place for football for 30 years straight. I can see SWO winning a title again one year, but 30 years of quality football will be hard to ever match.

Reactions: SWO4EVEr91
I have been out of the loop for awhile, probably since 2018, but I always keep an eye on SWO. Is Dempsey still coaching? What in the world is going on, they ain't allowing people in. WHAT!!

Friends close to the program started backing away back in 2018. It frustrates me because growing up SWO had a fun community, and a great football team. Southwest was great because the last names where about the same every year. That let's me know that more military is moving in, and kids are not staying around after graduation.

SWO was a special place for football for 30 years straight. I can see SWO winning a title again one year, but 30 years of quality football will be hard to ever match.

The problem I saw with SWO, based only on stuff read here and seeing them spring of 2021 during the playoffs, is their offense is beyond antiquated. I mean, the Wing T is one thing, but this was some weird single wing wanna be offense.

Reactions: SWO4EVEr91
Lots of positive news coming out of ED. Better not count them out come playoff time. Might get to even play The U.!!! As the Clinton folks like to call themselves now.

Lots of positive news coming out of ED. Better not count them out come playoff time. Might get to even play The U.!!! As the Clinton folks like to call themselves now.
That's great news. With Battle as HC, they will always be tough. The U??? LOL. I have a lot of Clinton friends, that maybe just a coaches/players thing, NOT a fanbase thing. idk.

Last edited:
Here’s another 2 teams vying for that Beulaville belt.😂

Judging by their roster….Whiteville appears to be returning a lot of their players. Keep an eye on them!

And y’all never mention Princeton….sooo…I’ll do it.

Princeton!😜

Perris is gone…but I figure they got another one ready to roll. Their request to drop to 1a was denied ….yep!…y’all gonna have to deal with them again.😉

Judging by their roster….Whiteville appears to be returning a lot of their players. Keep an eye on them!

Princeton!😜

Perris is gone…but I figure they got another one ready to roll. Their request to drop to 1a was denied ….yep!…y’all gonna have to deal with them again.😉
I really don't believe Princeton will hang with Wrh, Clinton, and Jk and possibly NE

Princeton!😜

Never know new year and lots of things can happen. Anyway Creek you still invited to a Duplin County throw down party 🤪

I’ve never been to a game at East Duplin. I hear it’s a great time, and your field looks great too I hear. I got to go catch a game this year.

I been to Clinton, WRH, Princeton (turf is nice)
The field is very nice and well taken care of. Stands are right on top of the field so it makes for a good atmosphere. Wallace,James Keenan, Southwest Onslow, and The U!!! 😁 It will always be packed. Come on over

Everyone is good till you see someone actually good. Won’t be long till it’s hunting season. Dem Dog getting ready to hunt and bite just for the record. 🦴

Last edited:
What is the positive news this far out?
Looking very positive that a key player that couldn't play last year is going to be good to go. Plus lots of the younger guy are progressing nicely. Maybe better than expected. Couple of really good athletes probably going to start playing football. ED may take some loses early but come playoff time they should be fine. Now fine doesn't mean I'm saying State Championship but should be starting to click.

Looking very positive that a key player that couldn't play last year is going to be good to go. Plus lots of the younger guy are progressing nicely. Maybe better than expected. Couple of really good athletes probably going to start playing football. ED may take some loses early but come playoff time they should be fine. Now fine doesn't mean I'm saying State Championship but should be starting to click.
Gotcha. It's crazy to think that one of our best FB players didn't play last season and that maybe our best player wasn't really able to play in the championship game. We could have been even better.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT