ADVERTISEMENT

2A Eastern Finals: Clinton @ SWO

SW1985

Sep 5, 2006
I read the rumblings all season long from both sides about the potential Clinton/SWO match up deep in the Eastern Playoffs and now it's a reality. Congrats to Clinton and my Stallions for reaching the Eastern Regional Finals and I look forward to seeing some of you next Friday Night at Stallion Stadium. Safe travels home tonight to the Dark Horses.

Funny this started as a joke thread in preseason by the first and last ninja now its reality....first thing I wanna know is ninja still going with that crazy score prediction of SWO 38 Clinton 14.....I have much respect for SWO program and I understand all this up here is for fun and games no hard feelings I already know some words will be exchanged this week but we are all just a bunch of Saturday morning coaches,refs, and wannabe sports analyst

DOnt ask me the score dude lmao ..... ask wizard of the east an his power ratting buddy hahahahahahahahhhahHHHahahahHHa SIMMONSSSSSSSSSSSSSS POWER RATTING LOL

No doubt bro .. this game is what we all wanted .. bob lewis hit 300 an phil retires what more could u ask for

Funny how folks out west think we are both playing for 2nd place lol.......the East will be represented well......Clinton vs SWO it does not get any better

Just for fun and it doesn't mean that much but it does show how close these 2 teams are. Should be a good one.

SWO & Clinton common opponents:

East Duplin...
Clinton 48 - ED 3 (Week #1)
SWO 28 - ED 7 (Week #9) Conference Game

Midway...
Clinton 42 - Midway 0 (Week #7) Conference Game
SWO 40 - Midway 6 (Week #13)

Indirect.....
Clinton 21 - East Bladen 27 OT
Farmville 40 - East Bladen 35 (Round 2 Playoffs)
SWO 35 - Farmville 7 (Round 3 Playoffs)

This post was edited on 11/28 11:19 PM by SW1985

looks pretty even! In my opinion preseason these are the two best 2A teams in the east. Now for the eastern finale!

I agree. Both the 2A East & West are down to the 2 best teams in each region. Next Friday night has a load of great match ups, I am grateful that I will get to witness one of them.

me 2
wink.r191677.gif

We scrimmaged Clinton at there place at the start of last season and I must say Clinton looked great. Don't know what happened to them last season, but they looked good at that scrimmage. Big, strong, and fast. West is in for trouble whoever comes out of this one.

Looking at what both teams bring to the table i believe that this will be a defensive game....turnovers and field position playing key roles....both teams have capable offenses that can score but i think we are in for a low scoring defensive affair.....Aaron Visor has been huge for Clinton the way he has thrown the ball keeps teams from putting 9 in the box....usual dont say this but right now you have to respect Clinton's pass game...of course i dont feelto comfortable with airing it out with SWO's 6'6 Jay Pouncey back there waiting.....idk hard to predict what this game will be like but i know it will be a classic....and with what both teams return think its safe to say we may be gettin a preview of next years Regional finale aswell

Regardless of classification, this game will be the premiere matchup in the entire state next week. So much history with these two teams, a "stable" of running backs and two legendary coaches...what more can anyone ask?

the west is in trouble!!! I believe the winner will go on to take it all, if it wasn't for my dogs playing JK-I would go to this game! Old ECC powerhouses!!!

AWAKEN Mighty Giant ...... Follow the Bean Stalk to the Corral ....... Jack awaits you

This post was edited on 11/29 3:34 PM by SWO-#1

Lookin forward to a much shorter drive to Jacksonville compared to the last 2 games......with all the history these two have surprised this is the first time they met for the Eastern title

Which defense will bend the most is the question that will provide the answer to who will win.

I'd give a slight edge to SWO based on them making it to the Championship last season, but Clinton is capable of winning for sure. I see a 21-14/ 21-17 kind of score.

Simmons rain has southwest power schedule at 395th in 2a this one should be Clinton 45 - southwest 12 ....... Power ratting !!!''''''!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Wizard of the East:
I don't think there is a favorite in this game
I agree with The Wizard. Cant get much more even. A little edge to Clinton on Offense, A little edge to SWO on defense. Not a point overall. We have a good kicker, so does Clinton. Size aint no factor, we prove that all the time. Speed, well that depends on who you like best. Coaching, well what can you say about the two that hasnt already been said. Clinton hasnt been here in a while but like us they Live for the Big Game. Its breed into Clinton and SWO both.

It will all depends on the Match ups between the Players on THIS FRIDAY NIGHT. Would not suprise me if most all the game is played between the 30s. One little crack, one little seam, a break one way or the other.

EVEN UP[/B]

Im pretty sure We will be at Wake waiting on either one of u...we want over look MP.
But were on a mission. ...get ready to see a nasty Defense. ...since 1979..that ive followed...this is one of Shelby best

This one has not been played yet and if the stupid seeding does not mess up the brackets this could be the east title game in 2015

If SWO offense blocks like they did last Friday on offense. All I can say is speed kills!, but something tells me Clinton will be hard to block. I think Clinton might be the better team, but experience from SWO players in big games and homefield, I think advantage SWO.

I'm pretty sure nobody in Clinton or SWO is concerned about Shelby's nasty defense this week.

Originally posted by Wizard of the East:
I don't think there is a favorite in this game
Negative, Ghost Rider!!!!!!! Since about week 3, everyone has said that SWO was overrated this year and not very good and that Clinton was underrated and the best team in the East. You were right, Clinton is the FAVORITE!!. Power rankings never lie!!

Clinton is #4 in the Simmons ratings. If I were y'all, I wouldn't even bother to prepare much for a #14 team in the power ratings. We have the #90 schedule. Should be a Clinton cake-walk. Go ahead and start preparing for Shelby. But, we'll show up and play Friday anyway. See y'all at The Corral.

Just watched the game film of clinton/edenton and from MY observations it showed the aces were moving the ball but majority of the time they killed their own drives with turnovers....at first they were stopping the run but when the coaches made the adjustments so they couldn't stack the box it was a done deal...... I believe SWO Will be able to move the ball some, but I believe our defense will hold us down....our db's are pretty decent!!! With limited turnovers and penalties I think we can pull out the W.....28/24 SWO.... penalties,turnovers,and field position will be the deciding factor!!!

I think Clinton wins 35-7. The team is showing great balance with passing and running as of late.

Originally posted by SWO-4LIFE:
Clinton is #4 in the Simmons ratings. If I were y'all, I wouldn't even bother to prepare much for a #14 team in the power ratings. We have the #90 schedule. Should be a Clinton cake-walk. Go ahead and start preparing for Shelby. But, we'll show up and play Friday anyway. See y'all at The Corral.
dude just stop it....go start a duscussion on the Ratings....i want to talk about football and im sure others are thinkn the same thing

Ninja, I'm sure you posted this to get some wild reactions, but I'm pretty sure you dont believe this yourself.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT