ADVERTISEMENT

Whiteville@WRH

g-dog08

Feb 24, 2005
The dog pound welcomes back the coach who led us to the 1st 3 state titles. Going to be an interesting matchup. JP and Joey will be very familiar with the way we do things. Hope we can add a few wrinkles this week.

The dog pound welcomes back the coach who led us to the 1st 3 state titles. Going to be an interesting matchup. JP and Joey will be very familiar with the way we do things. Hope we can add a few wrinkles this week.
No doubt Coach Mott will have some wrinkles. The dogs are going to ground pound the ball. It will be a great atmosphere having the Prices in the DOG POUND. Never thought I would root against JP and Joey. Go BULLDOGS!

Last edited:
Reactions: blackbulldog
After what transpired during the WHS vs ECHS game last night. Hope y’all Dawgs send the Wolfpack back to their den until baseball season.

Agreed above, stop the QB and the game is yours.

Reactions: dogs79
No dog in fight but EC coach and principal should be fired. 31-6 3rd quarter. EC coach wants running clock. Wville coach refuses. EC coach in return loads team on bus middle of game and quits. Coach and principal failed Friday night. Quitting really middle of game. Senior night for pack. I’m sure he wanted to play some guys. Still really. 3rd quarter and EC quits. Man up. What’s that teaching the players. Give up every time your down? 31-6. Beginning 3rd quarter. JP refused running clock. Who would that early in game. Bottom line EC coach quits middle of game. Loads bus. Leaves. Principal supporting decision. I’m 46. Dad 71. If I was coaching and I let my team quit in middle of game he would’ve turned me and my players around to continue. Just being honest

Let's look at this from EC stand point. Score 31-6 at 3 quarter. Whiteville could have started their seniors against EC if wanted to. Getting all playing time. JMO price could have agreed to running clock,for alot of reasons. This game did Pack no good for playoffs. What if Pack player got hurt? or vice versa? Now,EC showed their kids wrong message by just pulling them off field. I would have stayed and played,gutted it out. EC has showed alot of improved play in last couple years,don't mess that up coach.
Coach Price was well within his right not to agree running clock. I think coach Hobbs just said if you want agree to running clock,we will go home,not stay to let Pack run score on up. EC should have finished the game,people paid to see.

Wow that’s some news there! At 31-6 it sounds a little too early for a running clock, IMO. I can only rationalize that the EC coach was trying to protect his players from injuries? Idk how the game was going at that time, maybe some players got hurt? I never seen or even heard of players getting on the bus and quitting the game like that before.

Edit to add: A coach that makes his players quit.

Don't have a dog in the fight but if everything I've read is true then I completely side with JP on this. Why should he accept a running clock on his guys senior night when you've got kids that have played 4 years that maybe haven't seen much playing time that will finally get to play on what could very well be their final home game. Just walking off and quitting like that by East Columbus is embarrassing for Columbus County football.

As for this game, I wouldn't be surprised if this games a lot closer than you think.

Hope this game goes better than our past playoff meetings with Whiteville.

Pack is young and struggles on defense. Makes big plays on offense but will not have enough on offense to compete in this one. The dog pound may intimidate the pack

I respectfully disagree. I believe the Pack has more than enough talent to "compete" with WRH. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised Friday night. I'm not predicting a victory, but this isn't last year's WRH team. They can and have been beaten.

I respectfully disagree. I believe the Pack has more than enough talent to "compete" with WRH. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised Friday night. I'm not predicting a victory, but this isn't last year's WRH team. They can and have been beaten.
Dogs were beaten last year. Only have had 1 unbeaten season. Can't wait to prove what I been saying about SC for a long time. Good program tho

Reactions: SWOstallion
Dogs were beaten last year. Only have had 1 unbeaten season. Can't wait to prove what I been saying about SC for a long time. Good program tho
My comment was in no way a slight towards your team. The trophy case speaks for itself. I'm saying that Whiteville is a very good team as well. It's not like there is a 100% chance guarantee that you win Friday night. I was explaining to the Whiteville poster that they have a shot, and they do. I don't see how that's disrespecting the Dawgs.

Well the Wrh can pass the ball very well and run it very well the defense has stepped up the last couple of weeks .every defense gets burned here and there trust me I said this a few weeks ago Wrh will be a tough out against anybody ..

Don't have a dog in the fight but if everything I've read is true then I completely side with JP on this. Why should he accept a running clock on his guys senior night when you've got kids that have played 4 years that maybe haven't seen much playing time that will finally get to play on what could very well be their final home game. Just walking off and quitting like that by East Columbus is embarrassing for Columbus County football.

He should have started them then. Understand it’s east Columbus we’re talking about here not us or EB. Nothing says “Hey, I’m a valuable part of my team” when coach puts me in when the score is 65-12 in the 4th Q with 5 minutes left. I get where he was coming from but I do, but even with a running clock, he still could’ve had two possessions to sub in players on O and D.

Think JP going to open offense early. I guess if we key on QB, we can limit wolfpack offense. If Wolfpack were to play more ball control they might have better chance. Joey going to try to put pressure at the line of scrimmage. Basden could have big night 46-28.

He should have started them then. Understand it’s east Columbus we’re talking about here not us or EB. Nothing says “Hey, I’m a valuable part of my team” when coach puts me in when the score is 65-12 in the 4th Q with 5 minutes left. I get where he was coming from but I do, but even with a running clock, he still could’ve had two possessions to sub in players on O and D.

It does not matter who it is. The state has put a rule in for this type of situation, play on. I don't believe his team or their fans were happy about his actions. I hope the NCHSAA finds EC for their coach and principle's actions.

Reactions: Days of Thunder
Wrh wins 36-21. Should be a great atmosphere for two great programs. I just think wrh has better athletes.
You remember olddog when one of the best qb's in state(EC) came to dog pound and Joey shut him down. What type of defense do you think Joey going to throw at Basden? Joey I think he would try to shut down the run ,but 11 can pass and run very good, playing like a senior.

You remember olddog when one of the best qb's in state(EC) came to dog pound and Joey shut him down. What type of defense do you think Joey going to throw at Basden? Joey I think he would try to shut down the run ,but 11 can pass and run very good, playing like a senior.
Haven't seen whiteville play, but I don't think they'll be able to stop us. I hear they kinda young on defense. If we don't beat ourselves, could be a rude return visit for the Price's

Dogs 79 I talked to a few of the players yesterday and they are jacked for this game Friday night,they have given me some inside info to a text sent to all the players concerning this game don't be surprised if u see a different mindset for the dogs Friday night and throughout the playoffs,Wrh offense and defense is clicking like last years it took the defense a while to figure it out and now they are dialed in..WATCH OUT HERE COMES THE DOGS!!!

Reactions: 1SWO and dogs79
Dogs 79 I talked to a few of the players yesterday and they are jacked for this game Friday night,they have given me some inside info to a text sent to all the players concerning this game don't be surprised if u see a different mindset for the dogs Friday night and throughout the playoffs,Wrh offense and defense is clicking like last years it took the defense a while to figure it out and now they are dialed in..WATCH OUT HERE COMES THE DOGS!!!
Mindset like ED game or like NASCAR?

Reactions: 1SWO
You need to stop texting and talking to young boys about secret messages.

Mmm Price coming back to the pound. I’ll take Whiteville in this one. Mottsinger wins this one and that will be huge for him cementing his legacy at WRH.

I think with the pack struggling to stop the offense of east bladen and south Columbus wrh will do whatever they want to offensively. I wouldn't compare wville athletes to wrh athletes. I think they are on a different level. I would take wrh football mentality over wvilles anyday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT