ADVERTISEMENT

Whiteville@WRH

Going into the game I'd say Wallace is about a 10 point favorite. 7 points better and 3 for home field. Checking Simmons power ratings http://simmonsratings.com/2Arank18.htm he basically agrees, although I would say he has consistently ranked the Three Rivers/Waccamaw conference teams a few points lower than they've proven to be over the years.

Going into the game I'd say Wallace is about a 10 point favorite. 7 points better and 3 for home field. Checking Simmons power ratings http://simmonsratings.com/2Arank18.htm he basically agrees, although I would say he has consistently ranked the Three Rivers/Waccamaw conference teams a few points lower than they've proven to be over the years.
I have to call you out on that one. What have they proven since Whiteville fell from contenders

Reactions: 1SWO
Well they've had some years of making it to the 2nd, 3rd round, but that's not what I'm talking about. I've followed his power ratings and predictions for over 15 years now, since he's been posting links to this site. After following them he consistently ranks our teams a little low. Nothing major, but the scores always show it. The way he does his prediction are some huge computer formula that produces a point value (Wallace's is 124.4) each team gets and the difference is the point spread, with the home team getting 3 points added.

Reactions: 1SWO and dogs79
I'll also say that Simmons' system is amazingly accurate. He generally get's about 85%-87% right week to week and he picks every game from every classification. Last year he had WRH as the #1 team going into the playoffs despite your number 5 seed and 5 points better than Reidsville. I'd say that turned out pretty well for his predictions.

Simmons has been most accurate, and the numbers shows it. Not bias, sometimes others can be,or at least looks it.

It's one thing to correctly pick teams that you've seen or know well, but to correctly pick the winners of 1A teams on the other side of the state at that rate is amazing. Obviously the computer formula he uses is almost perfect.

Oh! How I know JP's team will be ready. I only thinking he hasn't had the time to build the talent that they will. I believe the wolfpack will leave it on the field

Oh! How I know JP's team will be ready. I only thinking he hasn't had the time to build the talent that they will. I believe the wolfpack will leave it on the field
The Price's achieved greatness at wrh, and will always be remembered for it. However, I think after Friday night, a small part of them will wish they were still there.

The Price's achieved greatness at wrh, and will always be remembered for it. However, I think after Friday night, a small part of them will wish they were still there.
5 championships in 8 years. That's definitely great in a coaching career. I'm glad he and family touched our community

Don’t think it was ever about them wanting to be somewhere else, family issues and needing to get back closer to home simply took priority over football as it should. I don’t fault JP for going to whiteville, yeah it’s a bad feeling seeing him and Joey in white and blue but at the end of the day the man was taking care of his family and assuring their future well being. Spoke to JP after our game against them and shook his hand, wish him nothing but the best. God, family then football fellas. Or at least that’s how I was raised.

I’m eternally grateful for what the Prices did here at WRH. They got our program over the hump that us fans and community had been wanting for a long, long time. Unfortunately we could never get there with the great Coach Holley, who was the one who got our program from laughing stock to lock, stock and barrels. That being said I hope they get another loss on their record Friday night. Go Dogs!!

So, What do you think JP is going to do to beat the BULLDOGS. I don't think Kevin going yo do a lot different. I think Whiteville got to do something different

Dogs79 all we got to do is go out and play ball point blank from beginning to end ,four qtrs. The next 5 weeks we gotta play complete games on offense and defense.. but Friday night I took a bet today ,that white ville would beat Wrh for $400 dollars..I took it no prob!!

Dogs79 all we got to do is go out and play ball point blank from beginning to end ,four qtrs. The next 5 weeks we gotta play complete games on offense and defense.. but Friday night I took a bet today ,that white ville would beat Wrh for $400 dollars..I took it no prob!!
I would worry about getting paid when we win. I was trying to strike up conversation about game plans,especially from JP and Joey.

Now you are betting money on young boys too?

So, What do you think JP is going to do to beat the BULLDOGS. I don't think Kevin going yo do a lot different. I think Whiteville got to do something different

I don’t think either team would try to do anything much different than what they normally do. There is not really enough time to change things up, IMO. Guys up here that have seen Whiteville play say to stop the qb and that pretty much stops them. I’m sure our coaches have that same mindset from watching film. I’m sure they will sell out to stop our running game but they also know that our passing game isn’t too shabby so it’s pick your poison. I do expect a very hard fought game from the opening kickoff. Two well coached teams going at it and it’s gonna be fun!

Reactions: dogs79 and 1SWO
Exactly. They throw quite often as well. Big play offense.
I think we're gonna come out and do our thing. That will be enough if we don't beat ourselves. Loaded dogpound too much for these kids from whiteville, who have never been in this atmosphere. 36-21 dogs

I think we're gonna come out and do our thing. That will be enough if we don't beat ourselves. Loaded dogpound too much for these kids from whiteville, who have never been in this atmosphere. 36-21 dogs

I’ve been to Wallace rose hill a few times playoffs and regular season games ....The atmosphere isn’t that much different than any other “big game” atmosphere I’ve ever been to so I wouldn’t put to much stock into that.... still think WRH wins tho by 2 TDs

I’ve been to Wallace rose hill a few times playoffs and regular season games ....The atmosphere isn’t that much different than any other “big game” atmosphere I’ve ever been to so I wouldn’t put to much stock into that.... still think WRH wins tho by 2 TDs

WRH field is one of a kind.......

Jk,Clinton,Tarboro,other real good teams in the past and the dog pound rocks. Haven't been a good crowd this year cause if hurricane.

Would not surprise me to see Whiteville contending late in the game. If they can be on the positive side of the turnovers they can win. Not many QBs around with the skills Ty Moss has and he's a Jr.

Well they've had some years of making it to the 2nd, 3rd round, but that's not what I'm talking about. I've followed his power ratings and predictions for over 15 years now, since he's been posting links to this site. After following them he consistently ranks our teams a little low. Nothing major, but the scores always show it. The way he does his prediction are some huge computer formula that produces a point value (Wallace's is 124.4) each team gets and the difference is the point spread, with the home team getting 3 points added.[/QUOTE

Drive for five officially on in approximately 12 hrs. Bring it DOGS! Do what you do! Wrh 36-21

Pretty remarkable the best RB at WRH now Is a freshman. I think Whiteville wins a nail biter but it will be interesting to see how far Robert’s can carry WRH if they win.

Got to admit Whiteville traveled well to Mountain Heritage last year, so I assume this trip may be a little closer, but not sure. That QB is the real deal and enjoyed watching him. We had an absolute shootout with them. I look for this game to be a dandy. If I had a method of air travel I would love to see this one tonight!! LOL

Reactions: dogs79 and 1SWO
Whiteville defense is not as good as last year's team. Offense will spudder some but overall I think WRH wins close game

If Whitesville defence is not better than last year they will probably struggle in this game and I'm sure WRH will be hard to beat at home I'm going WRH 40 Whitesville 28

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT