ADVERTISEMENT

THE MOUNTAIN SIX CONFERENCE

It's funny how rumors start...no doubt jay could be a head coach..simply IMO i can't see either of them leaving FRANKLIN unless it's for a far " better" job or much much more $$$ and I'm not sure that job exist in WNC..I think it would take a call from a school outta state...Smoky Mt made them a both a very very good offer and it took no time to say no thanks. No way would I leave franklin for tuscola

From what little I know I'm pretty sure Jay isn't going anywhere. Also, I have limited experience with both communities but I wouldn't go to Tuscola if I was from there. The Brooks brothers have a blank check, so to speak, from the Franklin community, and I don't think anybody is going to get that from the Hill anytime soon.

Reactions: RadioCheck
Last I checked tuscola still has a COACH..granted he can't beat pisgah...but if say if he leaves brookshire from SM HAS to be the frontrunner for that job

Reactions: WNCfballFan
Last I checked tuscola still has a COACH..granted he can't beat pisgah...but if say if he leaves brookshire from SM HAS to be the frontrunner for that job

You're right, we still have a coach and he may be back next year. If he goes 8-3 or 7-4 it will difficult to make a change. One thing is for sure, Brookshire DOES NOT have to be the frontrunner. A coach with a career record of 28-48 should not be your frontrunner.

Reactions: BlueVols
While you guys have one high school ,metal stands and a football field that turns into a mudhole if it rains. I have to say that Franklin's field was great the last time I saw it at the end of last year. Surprisingly good in fact. They could use a new (larger) press box but overall Franklin's facility is very functional.

Mule,

Don't bring up the Franklin press box or Pisgah's coach will lose it and make a fool out of himself like he did the last time Franklin hosted Pisgah. I know for a fact that a couple of Franklin's coaches have zero respect for him after that incident.

Reactions: RadioCheck
Mule,

Don't bring up the Franklin press box or Pisgah's coach will lose it and make a fool out of himself like he did the last time Franklin hosted Pisgah. I know for a fact that a couple of Franklin's coaches have zero respect for him after that incident.
I know for a fact that several Pisgah coaches had no respect for the Franklin coach before the press box situation.

Yes and I’m sure the press box incident didn’t add much fuel to the fire, there in no respect given towards him either, that stems way back from his tenure at the East Henderson University, I’m sure there won’t be any extracurricular activities after the whistle from Pisgah, or the Pisgah Coach won’t be out past the numbers demanding an explanation with his IPad in hand after each play. Old habits are hard to break.
Watch your own sidelines...iPads in use....New habit?? Maybe your coaches picked up on it from Coach Chappell..who knows...Demanding answers from referees...Yep,your coaches do it to...The extracurricular activities you talk about go the other way as well...You wanna talk about habits...I get a up close seat at home games...Your coaches aren't choir boys.

Brett should be pleased..the entire officiating crew Friday night works and lives in Haywood county including a former Pisgah player

Let's forget press boxes and personal attacks on coaches..both teams are well coached and both teams play hard...lets discuss the game and keys to victory...
I feel the game will be won up front on both sides of the ball..minus turnovers and excessive penalties the winner of the line of scrimmage wins the game..look for franklin to throw few more times than usual...pisgsh QB is good player no doubt and they will take several deep shots in the passing game..would give franklin slight edge in special teams as there punter averages over 48 YARDS per attempt..two passionate fam bases two passionate coaching staffs..two teams that will compete and a chance we may get to do it all over again in the playoffs...history says it will be a one possession game late into the 4th...

By the way bear fans..no wonder y'all ride " whoamule" so hard..lol

Some one said they'd like to see these boards full again..i think interest in general is at an all time low..if not for few Pisgah and franklin posters there would be no discussion of Mountain six teams..yea an occasional Brevard poster and maybe 1 from hendo..evidently they don't have internet in east flat rock or Sylva..lol..these boards are fun so long as things kept in perspective and we remember on Friday nights we all pull for kids from our town and it's still just a game..many towns still need jobs and many are in the midst of a herion epidemic and Fridays night's are an opportunity to forget it all and go pull for our teams..though there is no love loss w Pisgah and franklin..we can only hope for a well played game where the behavior of adults doesn't overshadow the effort of two football teams..

Sounds like you work the chain gang
Watch your own sidelines...iPads in use....New habit?? Maybe your coaches picked up on it from Coach Chappell..who knows...Demanding answers from referees...Yep,your coaches do it to...The extracurricular activities you talk about go the other way as well...You wanna talk about habits...I get a up close seat at home games...Your coaches aren't choir boys.

Yep. I have seen him before......
chain-gang-0.jpg

Fact is there is a whole lot of officials in WNC that are Pisgah and Haywood county people. So whats that say about Macon county folks. Hmmm,Lazy maybe. At least we have folks that step up and help.

Maybe bout the dumbest thing ive read..but oh well...You bears will need all the help you can get Friday night..it will take " help" from the officials to keep this one close..

Sounds good I understand your jv QB Is very good and I know you have very solid jv program. No one can doubt Pisgah is passionate about football..hopefully good crowd in canton Friday night...

Sounds good I understand your jv QB Is very good and I know you have very solid jv program. No one can doubt Pisgah is passionate about football..hopefully good crowd in canton Friday night...
JV qb has been impressive in last couple weeks..Hope for 2 good games

Reactions: PBBear51
Congrats to Hendersonville on a dominating win. Brevard is kind of reeling right now, hopefully can get back on track for Pisgah.

Franklin is assured of at least a co-championship with last nights win. Winning the battle of Cowee will lead to to the outright title......Go Panthers!!!

Well W.I.R... good game last night..saw a couple iPads..little referee riding...little after the whistle play(both sides)But evidently their pastor reads NC preps and had a deacons meeting... LOL

Last week of regular season
Franklin @Smoky
FHS 42
Smoky 14

Brevard @Pisgah
PHS 35
BHS 21

HENDO VS EAST
HHS 56
EAST 21

5 Of 6 teams look to be in playoffs

Mule,

I really dont know nor have heard anything about any incidents that happened in Franklin press box in a Pisgah game. ALL I do know is that with the level Franklin plays at, and the media that success attracts, they could use more room to accommodate. Thats all I am saying. There have been no issues with the field any time that I have been out there which is every two years. If they want to keep grass over turf, and can figure out a way to keep the grass ON the field in Sept Oct and Nov, good for them. Most schools have been unable to do this, with middle school, youth leagues, soccer, on and on etc.

I really dont know nor have heard anything about any incidents that happened in Franklin press box in a Pisgah game. ALL I do know is that with the level Franklin plays at, and the media that success attracts, they could use more room to accommodate. Thats all I am saying. There have been no issues with the field any time that I have been out there which is every two years. If they want to keep grass over turf, and can figure out a way to keep the grass ON the field in Sept Oct and Nov, good for them. Most schools have been unable to do this, with middle school, youth leagues, soccer, on and on etc.

We don't allow the communist version of football on Franklin's field. The Panther Pit is an American football-only venue (and, well, track also.) Our grass does survive through the season.

I think upgrades to Franklin's stadium have been thrown around but were put on hold because there is discussion of a new high school.

good bermuda turf grass is the best surface to play on. but it is a lot of work to keep it right.
i also think their are fewer injuries on grass even compared to the newest turf. but you cannot beat how easy articifial turf is.

Reactions: WhoaMule
Commissioners = joke when it comes to supporting HS ATHLETICS....99.99% OF ALL MATERIALS...SAND FERTILIZE PAINT HELL EVEN THE MOWER..USED ON THE FIELD ARE PAID FOR THRU PRIVATE DONATIONS..AND SAME GOES FOR THE RECENT MAJOR RENOVATIONS TO LOCKER ROOMS..MEETING ROOMS ..

Commissioners = joke when it comes to supporting HS ATHLETICS...

But there will be a nice gym floor to have gun shows, gem shows and senior games at the renovated community building when it gets done!! What a joke!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT