ADVERTISEMENT

THE MOUNTAIN SIX CONFERENCE

... You see, we have a group of County Commissioners who bring that talk up around re election time and get everyone's hopes up and then once elected, they go back to bragging about Macon County having the lowest tax rate in the whole State. Low tax = bad facilities

"We're doing more with less," was the quote I heard one budget year. No, we're doing less with less.

Reactions: RadioCheck
We don't allow the communist version of football on Franklin's field. The Panther Pit is an American football-only venue (and, well, track also.) Our grass does survive through the season.

I think upgrades to Franklin's stadium have been thrown around but were put on hold because there is discussion of a new high school.
Well I know Franklin has some of those communist teams, (usually competitive and contenders for conference championships) I wonder where they play? Where does the middle school FB play Youth leagues. THose American football teams combined are enough to decimate most fields without a ton of maintenance.

Franklin fan you better slow down with all this political incorrectness ..lol...its a shame the work that actually gets taken for granted..its no accident the field looks like it does....right now I hope ALL PANTHER FANS will come aboard and enjoy this ride ...i feel sorry for Smoky..they have no clue what's coming

Pretty solid year one for mountain six as 5 of 6 teams look locked into playoffs..no 2a conf in state has more than 5 teams in playoffs..

Reactions: WNCfballFan
Good chance that some will see each other for a rematch in playoffs

Looks like Pisgah would have to get through Hibriten and South Point/Shelby and Smoky would have to get through Shelby or South Point for any rematches.

A .500 record in the playoffs for the conference would be a stretch, but getting 5/6 into the playoffs is pretty impressive.

Looks like Pisgah would have to get through Hibriten and South Point/Shelby and Smoky would have to get through Shelby or South Point for any rematches.

A .500 record in the playoffs for the conference would be a stretch, but getting 5/6 into the playoffs is pretty impressive.

I think when we saw the makeup of this conference we all agreed it would be a good conference with some really good games.We were right.

Winning is never easy squirrel...you sound like most of the fan base..complaining even bout how we win . Guess football's came along way in 16 years at Franklin..from thinking 5-5 was a GREAT YEAR TO bitching bout 4 11-0 seasons and 6 conf titles in 10 yrs because we run ball to much or because we don't win how you think we should win or by how many pts..yep I'm on a soapbox when 10- 0 isn't good enough

Winning is never easy squirrel...you sound like most of the fan base..complaining even bout how we win . Guess football's came along way in 16 years at Franklin..from thinking 5-5 was a GREAT YEAR TO bitching bout 4 11-0 seasons and 6 conf titles in 10 yrs because we run ball to much or because we don't win how you think we should win or by how many pts..yep I'm on a soapbox when 10- 0 isn't good enough

I think you misread the post & it is more likely a jab back at the bear fan that jabbed first.

Reactions: Squirrel Gravy
Never said you weren't a supporter. Ckearly you are. Just hate hearing anyone complain about winning...yes the Pisgah score was 17-13 but we pretty much tried to run clock w no turnovers in 2nd half and Pisgah got 88 garbage yards and a 30 yard td w no time remaining...so I like to see glass half full as in we beat a team that hadn't lost at home in couple years...so not questioning your support of panther football but i stand by my statement that in general we have a highly spoiled fan base who expects 11-0 w 11 blowouts.. I predict our smallest home crowd of the year in 1st round because many pass holders want pay 7$ until 2nd or 3rd round.. 2014 was a magical ride and I've been saying since bout week 2 that this team has a chance to be special..so I apologize if I mistook your post..lol panther fans need not be going at each other

Why is this funny? Who would not see a better chance to advance through Pisgah as opposed to Shelby?
It's funny because because it puts holes in the hype that you guys have made on here about the invensible Panthers. If y'all are so invensible why would you want to take on a lower seeded team vs a higher seed. If I think that I'm the biggest and baddest guy in the room, Im gonna punch the next biggest and baddest guy in the mouth first. Maybe all the hype you guys have made is very inflated? Yeah your conference champions and many of our fans congratulated y'all for that, but that's a small task for State Championship.I am pretty sure when or if y'all met a Shelby or South Point team down the road, y'all will choke and be at home with us watching Macy's Christmas Parade on TV. That's what's funny. Radio Check, if you will bring the beer, I will bring the popcorn. Peace and love Brother :)

Reactions: TigerDen1
Stick to your county championship...and come on OVER TO THE PIT AND WATCH US SHOCK THE STATE ON BLACK FRIDAY ( 3RD ROUND THAT IS..I REALIZE YALL DINT PLAY THAT WEEK VERY OFTEN) AND DON'T WORRY HECK I'LL HAVE BEER POPCORN AND BEAR MEAT TO HELP YOU ENJOY OUR VICTORY ..

Stick to your county championship...and come on OVER TO THE PIT AND WATCH US SHOCK THE STATE ON BLACK FRIDAY ( 3RD ROUND THAT IS..I REALIZE YALL DINT PLAY THAT WEEK VERY OFTEN) AND DON'T WORRY HECK I'LL HAVE BEER POPCORN AND BEAR MEAT TO HELP YOU ENJOY OUR VICTORY ..
You have had a great season, but you won't beat either South Point or Shelby.

Reactions: PBBear51
Franklin is good, but yall havent played a team to the caliber of SP or Shelby. Its a completely different ball game than playing Asheville. Be careful what you wish for..

Pisgah JV's beat Brevard last night 35-6 to go undefeated in conference and 9-1 for the year.So the future is looking good for the Bears.

Franklin is good, but yall havent played a team to the caliber of SP or Shelby. Its a completely different ball game than playing Asheville. Be careful what you wish for..

I think most Franklin posters realize how we stack up vs those teams. Most of the talk in this thread is about the Mnt 6 conf. & Mnt fb in general. With a small population base Franklin has perennially overachieved since 2000. As fans we are proud and loud. If we are fortunate enough to face one of those teams the Panthers will show up prepared and ready to play.

I think most Franklin posters realize how we stack up vs those teams. Most of the talk in this thread is about the Mnt 6 conf. & Mnt fb in general. With a small population base Franklin has perennially overachieved since 2000. As fans we are proud and loud. If we are fortunate enough to face one of those teams the Panthers will show up prepared and ready to play.
I know you will be prepared and ready, but I don't see any amount preparation that would lead to win over South Point. JMHO

We want Bama!

C'mon, we're not idiots. Everybody knows the road to the 2-AA championship is going through Belmont or Shelby (or both). You can't look at the polls all year long and see the results come in week after week and not realize that there are a couple of teams that are favored by a wide margin. But if they're gonna let us play the game instead of just giving those guys a trophy, I think you're gonna see some fired up hillbillies give it a shot. I know you'll definitely sell some extra tickets if we show up to your place.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT