ADVERTISEMENT

THE MOUNTAIN SIX CONFERENCE

Week 3 of conference play

East @Franklin
East will have no answer for Franklin's run game and FRANKLIN will be prepared and well focused after east beat Pisgah.
FHS 49
East 21

Pisgah at Hendo...two fickle teams hard to figure..loser is all but eliminated from conf race.
Hendo 45
Pisgah 35

Smoky & Brevard...smoky has lost two tough games..not very good on defense..brevard is very well coached and very physical
Brevard 42
Smoky 28

LOOK for Pisgah to lose 4 in a,row and miss playoffs

Funny how in the day of the spread and every fan wanting to throw the ball on every snap...theres on team w out a loss ..thats the team who's given up the fewest points and had the most rushing attempts..the team w zero conference wins (SM) has given up the most points and has the most pass attempts.. sounds like a great rushing game..35 min of possession and solid defenses still wins.. i.e. check out Alabama

Reactions: bamapride22
They need to go ahead and give Franklin the gold trophy. Like I said couple weeks back the championship was won in Hendersonville. Franklin is very good football team.

Can't sleep on east.. the QB Can keep them in game..then we know,we will get Pisgah best shot then finish w smoky and nothing would make them happier than to beat FRANKLIN..but I feel franklin will be prepared week in week out..we know the importance of home games in playoffs

Reactions: RadioCheck
Come on Pisgah fans.. where you at..and clearly either the smoky fans can't read can't type or don't care lol

Reactions: bamapride22
Come on Pisgah fans.. where you at..and clearly either the smoky fans can't read can't type or don't care lol

Where are we at? We're in 3rd place and not even that if we don't play much better than we have since the Tuscola game.

Thats where we're at.

Yep if we get labeled as mountian for winning 10 11 12 13 games and not beating Shelby or South point sign me up every year...NO STAFF IN THE STATE GETS MORE OUTTA THERE KIDS..so just exactly who is your team that's been undefeated 4 times in 7 years w 5 conf titles and and 85% winning percentage..mountian or not I'll take it...so take your labels and suitcase it..

Amazing to me ..our program must be solid when all people can say is y'all can't beat Shelby..yall never get outta 3rd round..hell neither do about 97% of all teams..

Yep if we get labeled as mountian for winning 10 11 12 13 games and not beating Shelby or South point sign me up every year...NO STAFF IN THE STATE GETS MORE OUTTA THERE KIDS..so just exactly who is your team that's been undefeated 4 times in 7 years w 5 conf titles and and 85% winning percentage..mountian or not I'll take it...so take your labels and suitcase it..

Just stating the facts,besides Murphy,Swain and AC Reynolds who else has won titles the past 30 or so years in the mountains? Prove me wrong,would love to see somebody else win a title around here.

Just stating the facts,besides Murphy,Swain and AC Reynolds who else has won titles the past 30 or so years in the mountains? Prove me wrong,would love to see somebody else win a title around here.

Robbinsville has won titles but point taken. I would love for more mountain teams to win titles including those listed.

Robbinsville 1a
Asheville 3a
Of course we dream of title but that's not how we determine success..not exactly sure when Reynolds last title was I think asheville was '05(i think)...mitchell has played for title..heritage also played in title game and franklin and Madison played in semi finals all within past 8 yrs...I've stated w new classification any mountain team incl REYNOLDS outside of 1a who advances to 3rd round or beyond has had GREAT YEAR

Reactions: BiltmoreCANE
Franklin at Pisgah
Franklin by 10

Smoky vs East
Smoky by 21

Brevard vs Hendo
Hendo by 21

The teams that have bounced Franklin from playoffs would USE and ABUSE 99% of mountain teams like a truck stop condom.

So......if the best Franklin can do is week in and week out, year after year, be a consistent pain in the ass to the WNC teams on its schedule.......we can live with that.

Radio check take it easy on Pisgah they are the FOUR TIME defending HAYWOOD county CHAMPS...they don't care bout conf titles so they forget we've won 5 in 7 years..

Radio check take it easy on Pisgah they are the FOUR TIME defending HAYWOOD county CHAMPS...they don't care bout conf titles so they forget we've won 5 in 7 years..

If you're going to keep running your mouth about us being the Haywood County champs.At least get your facts right.It's five times.
We do have two high schools in this county,two large stadiums and artificial turf.While you guys have one high school ,metal stands and a football field that turns into a mudhole if it rains.
I also see why you only want to go back seven years, with an all time win-loss record barely over 500 I don't blame you.

Reactions: PBBear51
Pisgah Bears, don't know why you even bother discussing this with em. Franklin is going to win the conference. Beat our Bears like a drum and have a second or third round playoff exit just like they usually do. congratulations Franklin your much improved.

How many years in past 10 has Pisgah played in 3rd round ..so yea let's live in the somewhat present..yep your stadium is big w turf...who gives a **** ..but your right we will beat you for the 6th time in 8 yrs and y'all will be more than welcome to come watch us play in the 2nd and 3rd round..you better hope tuscola doesn't fire pursley and simply hire the franklin staff..hell y'all couldn't win Haywood county title then..as far as our field..by far the nicest grass facility prob in the state..but here we play on grass..clearky there y'all smoke more grass..either way turf or grass Friday night panthers beating that ass..5-6 and a tie for 5th isn't bad for the best team in Haywood county

WIR, yes lets live in the present. Franklin snuck by Hendersonville. Pisgah beat Franklin last year. Evidently you have amnesia.

Why yes we did beat hendo..and yes congrats you have beaten us twice in 8 yrs...thats a 25% winning percentage..im just thankful to be playing a team who's fans care

The latest Charlotte observer playoff projections would create a Pisgah @Franklin rematch in 2nd round...that would create quite a buzz and I'm sure a large crowd in THE PIT

We do have two high schools in this county,two large stadiums and artificial turf.While you guys have one high school ,metal stands and a football field that turns into a mudhole if it rains.

Franklin is certainly overdue for a new high school and a stadium. Canton has a good one.
Reckon that will get you 10 points Friday? Better ask; cause you gonna need them.

How many years in past 10 has Pisgah played in 3rd round ..so yea let's live in the somewhat present..yep your stadium is big w turf...who gives a **** ..but your right we will beat you for the 6th time in 8 yrs and y'all will be more than welcome to come watch us play in the 2nd and 3rd round..you better hope tuscola doesn't fire pursley and simply hire the franklin staff..hell y'all couldn't win Haywood county title then..as far as our field..by far the nicest grass facility prob in the state..but here we play on grass..clearky there y'all smoke more grass..either way turf or grass Friday night panthers beating that ass..5-6 and a tie for 5th isn't bad for the best team in Haywood county

I never knew that getting to the third round was a big deal.Don't believe they give you a trophy for that If you win your conference you get a top seed and play teams you should beat in first and second round.Like Pisgah did last year.I also remind you that the last four years Pisgah was 3-A.If you guys make it to the third round you may get to play one of those teams that moved down to 2A.Like South Point.I remember not too long ago you were unbeaten 11-0 a number one seed playing a 16 seed my Bears were 9-2 .How did that turn out for you.Just to refresh your memory Bears were playing in the second round and the Panthers were getting ready for Basketball.

Reactions: PBBear51
The latest Charlotte observer playoff projections would create a Pisgah @Franklin rematch in 2nd round...that would create quite a buzz and I'm sure a large crowd in THE PIT
Unless it rains then we will have too go to Cherokee like last time.Cherokee will probably be playing Friday night.Maybe we could play Saturday.

Talk about facilities ..the visiting team can't even shower in that dungeon y'all call a locker room..id put Franklin's locker room training room weight room and TEAM meeting room against anyone's..over $100,000 renovations...would love turf..good luck getting that passed here..so yes y'all have big stadium ..just means more fans to see them baby bears get trounced..

Friday saturday anyday ANYWHERE is a good time to beat Pisgah..congrats on last year. YOUR team of the century beat poor little franklin w out 5 starters by less than a TD..like I said 2-6 since we joined same league..dont worry no one else has did any better...

While you guys have one high school ,metal stands and a football field that turns into a mudhole if it rains. I have to say that Franklin's field was great the last time I saw it at the end of last year. Surprisingly good in fact. They could use a new (larger) press box but overall Franklin's facility is very functional.

Although our bleachers suck and our visitors side is about six inches off Wayah Street, I'll take our Bermuda field over the fake stuff any day.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT