ADVERTISEMENT

South Point Red Raiders vs Shelby Golden Lions

I’ve never seen a fan base place their hopes and dreams in the result of a JV game. Maybe it will work out for you.

No,no,no, we know varsity is a different animal. We just like beating Shelby at any sport at any level.

Reactions: coondog8585
What we heard nobody had scored on the JV in 4 games and we scored 33 with a backup QB.

JV doesn't matter. Sorry. Sorry to all those who have kids playing JV, but it just doesn't matter. It's good practice, good experience.

If it mattered, they'd be playing varsity.

Now if y'all want to throw a parade over your JV win, go ahead. I'm only concerned about what happens tonight.

Reactions: HitmanT
No,no,no, we know varsity is a different animal. We just like beating Shelby at any sport at any level.
There are many aspiring programs that do. It’s okay we understand. Feel free to keep patting yourselves on the butt. It’s quite an accomplishment.

Reactions: whitemilesdavis
What we heard nobody had scored on the JV in 4 games and we scored 33 with a backup QB.
Coon, there is one person on this board who has never been right on anything and that’s Chopper, but you are getting there. Keep plugging.

Who has Southpoint played that has a winning record? Maybe Crest (They won that one by a TD) - Stuart Cramer (Who threw the ball all over them). Shelby beat Kings Mountain and played a nationally ranked team at their house. Give me a break. This is gonna be a head knocker.

Ok all of the bull crap has pretty much run its course and now it is time to starting getting ready for the game of the week.It's been fun but in all seriousness I just hope there is no controversy and it is a injury free game on both sides.See you redneck midgets in a couple hours.Halftime at the helmet.

Well this has been a fun couple of weeks bantering with Lion fans and others but now that we are a few hours before kickoff it is time to say congratulations to both teams for an outstanding season. With all the BS posted I want all to know I have the utmost respect for Shelby, the players coaching staff and fans. What the Lions have accomplished can't be denied. My hat off to you. Any school in the state would relish over the opportunity to have your track record.

The kids are all winners because winning rarely correlates to scores,records or any target we use to qualify success or failure. You can't do what these kids do, sacrifice what they sacrifice to entertain you and I every Friday night for a ring and a trophy.

I love Raider football but I love high school football as a whole. And all of you would not be on this site if you didn't feel the same way. We are blessed at what we can get for spending only $6.00 on Friday night each week. In today's world that is pound for pound the best money I spend each week.
I hope for a safe trip for Lions fan to Belmont tonight and most of all a healthy 48 minutes of the best football in the state of NC to every kid on both sidelines.
Thanks for sharing a fun couple weeks with me.

To all you knuckleheads, I'm parked at the Harris Teeter gas station/fuel center. Come see us!

Sitting here at my keyboard with a cold beer thinking about the game in one hour that we have all waited for since the start of the season. Shame that this rivalry went away for so many years. SP became a school in 1969 in the old Southwestern 3A Conference that was being dominated by Shelby. SP went 5-5 that year and lost in their last game to Shelby. The next year Shelby also beat SP, but the records were 10-0 and 9-1. Back in those days only the conference champs went on to the playoffs. 1971 came around and SP went undefeated and knocked Shelby out of the playoffs. Gazette had a really nice piece today on the game and the history of the rivalry. 16 state titles for Shelby is amazing and a tribute to the town and program. SP has only 5 (includes tie in 1971), but also has great community support and has every intention of adding to that title number in 2017. Great week of slinging mud at each other, but lots of respect between true fans of the programs. Hope SP lays a 50-0 throttling on Shelby tonight but 3-0 would work just as well. Safety to all. Time to head to the game.

Well this one aint starting good.... Blocked punt for TD now Alexander breaks one from almost 60

14-0 early first.... Got em right where we want em... ha ha ha

So where does the 7 seed play at next week? LOL south point has come to play we haven’t and it shows

Gonna get ugly if we ain’t careful ! Well uglier than it is ALREADY lol

S. Point D looked the realest against Hibriten last year. Figured it would look great again.

Sloppy sloppy sloppy. Honestly...I'm embarrassed.

Spotted SP 14 points. Can't do that with a good team. Hopefully a tale of two halfs.

Only chance to complete the Drive for 5 hinges on SP being in different A, AA brackets. Shelby offense being exposed.

Sloppy sloppy sloppy. Honestly...I'm embarrassed.

Spotted SP 14 points. Can't do that with a good team. Hopefully a tale of two halfs.

Spotted? Sounded like SP blocked the punt and then ran the ball 50+ yards. SP hit you in the mouth and took those first 2 scores

Reactions: sasha_nc
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT