ADVERTISEMENT

South Point Red Raiders vs Shelby Golden Lions

I would love to see a deep post route by 5 if these teams play again. Shelby definitely respected Grier and kept deep help on his side but it's so much easier to defend strait down the sidelines. They completely abandoned the middle of the field and I feel like that area could be devastating if exploited.
We had Grier behind the Shelby secondary on multiple occasions but over threw him. He will touch the ball more in the next meeting. SP's focus is to be better each week and it is a major point of emphasis. They will be better in 2 weeks than they were Friday night but I suppose Shelby will be as well.
The coaching staff are addressing everything that did not go well against Shelby and strengthen those areas. Some of their fixes will be evident against West Iredell. Getting better is about execution which makes them better against whomever they face. None of this guarantees a win but it helps your chances.

If your execution was not where it needed to be the other night than without a doubt SP maybe the best team in the state.Looked awfully good to me.

If your execution was not where it needed to be the other night than without a doubt SP maybe the best team in the state.Looked awfully good to me.

So based on the logic of most of you, both teams will bring their A game and the score will be the same as the first game?

Hey seadog you remember when Weddington rolled up and stomped a mudhole in your red raiders in the playoffs. lol. Good thing you guys are playing middle school ball now. Weddington would do it again.

Stomped? Mudhole? Are you referring to the 2011 23-17 loss? A game in which our starting QB broke his ankle in the second quarter......Envy & jealously breed hate and I LOVE it.

Reactions: seadog28
SHS no one suggest we didn't look good. Any win against Shelby is very good and does suggest we did some things right. At this time of the year SP's focus is to be better each week. If you suggest we played the best we possibly can Friday then you are vastly mistaken. We have to bring more, execute better in two weeks regardless who the opponent is. Shelby has done the same thing for years. You guys play your best when the playoffs come around.

I for one thought SP played flawless in 1st half, i will say later in game when they felt there was no way Shelby make a comeback, they started making mistakes. Like tge fumbles etc.
Still a great performance by them, just hope if Shelby gets by this week we can make it a better game next time

I for one thought SP played flawless in 1st half, i will say later in game when they felt there was no way Shelby make a comeback, they started making mistakes. Like tge fumbles etc.
Still a great performance by them, just hope if Shelby gets by this week we can make it a better game next time

Everyone is primarily referring to us putting the ball on the ground a couple of times in the second half; especially on pitches. That is something we haven't seen this year. Second, Grier didnt have a reception Friday night. Passes his way are typically completions with high percentages that he will score on them. Evident in his 25 receptions this year, 13 have gone the distance

Hey seadog you remember when Weddington rolled up and stomped a mudhole in your red raiders in the playoffs. lol. Good thing you guys are playing middle school ball now. Weddington would do it again.

JJ, are you a Weddington fan? If so, my bad. I thought you ran with the drizzle. Weddington is no joke. Much respect for them.

Stomped? Mudhole? Are you referring to the 2011 23-17 loss? A game in which our starting QB broke his ankle in the second quarter......Envy & jealously breed hate and I LOVE it.

I'm glad you love it because if the Red Communist Raiders were still in big boy football they would be getting rolled...

The sad thing it that you legitimately (someone in the Raider nation translate that word for Coondog) think you guys would have a chance against Charlotte Catholic

The sad thing it that you legitimately (someone in the Raider nation translate that word for Coondog) think you guys would have a chance against Charlotte Catholic

It's cute how we nullify your stance and you just pick another platform to try and bring us down to your level.

And everyone has a chance.....even you, to not pee on your balls. Highly unlikely, but still a chance.......

Reactions: seadog28
22wham you heard wrong only missed 1 game this year. Need to worry about your team. Talk to the coaches alot.

Last edited:
Maybe SP can gather up specific players from 5-6 towns, 2-3 counties and play CC. Can't even get into the travesty that is CC playing in public school ball. With that said- I'm sure all from the side of town where it dangles low would be in on a scrimmage in the late summer/early fall. Would CC?

Also, JYD > Ric Flair

For us to end up where we want to be, we have to be clean in discipline, fundamentals, execution and ball security. We are not there yet, and our coaches know it.

Don't matter if we could beat CC this year same as it don't matter if we could beat the Dallas Cowboys or Grier Middle School. We don't compete against any of them and we don't play them. The only thing that matters right now is West Iredell and one more step closer to the 2AA state trophy. And the last time I checked, that trophy is exactly the same size as the 3A trophy. Only the engraving is different. As long as they spell South Point correctly on the trophy, that is what matters.

Bumped for Shelby fans with big heads and short memories! We are THE MIGHTY RED RAIDERS!!!

You guys keep bumping nobody cares about 2A. Come watch the middle school championship at revolution park this weekend. There will be more people then your game.

You guys keep bumping nobody cares about 2A. Come watch the middle school championship at revolution park this weekend. There will be more people then your game.

This, coming from a HH team that averages 200 fans per game. You must have majored in math at that fine institution. The only thing you got going for you there is your concession stand. Great hamburgers.

Ha ha ha ha lol lol lol ha ha ha wait wait wait haha haha. South point owned by Shelby ha hahahaha . Y'all already had your rings made AND GOT SMOKED HAHAHA

If you guys at south point are butt hurt about getting rolled you can load up the big red inbred trailer park and come see Weddington play. I think they take EBT at Charlotte Catholic. And in a few weeks you can load up the utility van and see Shelby win state.

If you guys at south point are butt hurt about getting rolled you can load up the big red inbred trailer park and come see Weddington play. I think they take EBT at Charlotte Catholic. And in a few weeks you can load up the utility van and see Shelby win state.

You know the difference between Weddington's and South Point's football seasons this year?......... Not a damn thing; your basketball season starts Friday night around 10pm too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT