ADVERTISEMENT

South Point Red Raiders vs Shelby Golden Lions

Raidersway

Sep 2, 2011
East Rutherfordton ain't beating Shelby and Chase ain't beating South Point so this matchup is officially on the clock. It is by no means too early to start some dialogue on this match up. The anticipation has built ever since the new alignment came out a year ago.
One team is going to walk away from the game with a solid head start in to the playoffs while the other is going to be forced to beat some really good teams on the road. Neither may win it all since the deck is as loaded as it can be but I like where South Point is right now and barring injury they are going to create nightmares for opposing offenses and defenses.
It should be no surprise to Lion fans that the visitors side stands will be sprinkled with Raider fans as I am sure many of you have gathered from the other yellow team from Cleveland County. What you don't know is that those Raider fans are paramedics especially trained to treat cramps that seem to accompany teams from your county. Hell even our chain gang passes out enough bananas at a Crest game to put Chiquita on the front page of Forbes Top 100.
The ideal is an attempt to complete a game in under 5 hours by shorting cramp delays.
Research released just weeks ago from Yale University discovered that cramps are a side effect caused from running on red clay after a history of running on manure.
Anyway for what it's worth please recognize the Raider community will be there to serve you.

Damn you, Raidersway! I was going to start this thread one second after the running clock Friday night. Good on you! Much more to come!

Oh yeah, out of sportsmanship, please bring pickle juice, Lions! No, wait a minute, bring IVs of pickle juice. We really care about your boys in Belmont.

Damn you, Raidersway! I was going to start this thread one second after the running clock Friday night. Good on you! Much more to come!
Dog I don't ever want to still your thunder but the temptation got overwhelmingly. It's like eating the batter before the cookies came out of the oven.
Giving Shelby all the respect in the world but South Point will take care of this .......For sure!
In an article in the Star this week it stated Cleveland County had purchased 6459 truckloads of red clay in preparation for their up coming match with South Point. Go Raiders

Seadog will be liquored up on Mad Dog Long before the three page limit

He’ll come down long enough around 1am most evenings to throw his bricks... too busy dropping the fries in oil 8-5 to do otherwise

Just my thoughts lol
:)

Seadog will be liquored up on Mad Dog Long before the three page limit

He’ll come down long enough around 1am most evenings to throw his bricks... too busy dropping the fries in oil 8-5 to do otherwise

Just my thoughts lol

Okay SL, it is on. However, it'll have to wait until Friday. I could tell you why, but then I'd have to kill you! :)

No disrespect but the Chase game should be a rout. Lots of rest this week for the starters. Heal up any nagging injuries and prepare for the Lions the following Friday which we all have had circled on our calendars for months. SP fans respect the Lions and, although the Lions fans admit no fear of anyone, we know that deep down in their cold miserable hearts they have concerns. This Raider team is not as powerful with the run as past teams but has the best balance of run, pass, defense, and special teams of possibly any SP team in years. Shelby's key is the LB corp which is likely the best in the state in all divisions. That is key against the Redbone, but now that they also have to account for Air Grier and the Raiders Doomsday defense. Hanlon is putting 80% of his kickoffs in the endzone which results in long fields for a less explosive Lions offense. We would talk about punting, but that is not fun. We try hard never to punt. Expect a huge lively crowd. Can't wait!

Don't sleep on Chase. The ball bounces the other way a few times, and they could be undefeated this season. They have a 240lb linebacker who runs a 4.2.

I see Chase pulling the shocker here: Chase 12 - SP 3.

Rest player this week. I actually thought that y'all played starting backs too much last week. I have no problem with what they played but would have hated to see jake get hurt when he jumped over the guy and landed on his head. I would play the starters 1qt against chase don't get the studs hurt. No excuse this year best on best for #1 spot

Don't sleep on Chase. The ball bounces the other way a few times, and they could be undefeated this season. They have a 240lb linebacker who runs a 4.2.

I see Chase pulling the shocker here: Chase 12 - SP 3.

WMD football prognosticating is not your bag. Try not to pick your nose so deep. You could avoid the scar tissue developing on your brain.

although the Lions fans admit no fear of anyone, we know that deep down in their cold miserable hearts they have concerns.

Na....
(1951) Belmont (South Point) (39-16-0)

You guys have played no one. Never been tested. Your playoffs start next week. You will be tested for the first time this season. You will take your first L of the season.

Reactions: blkgolddynasty
No disrespect but the Chase game should be a rout. Lots of rest this week for the starters. Heal up any nagging injuries and prepare for the Lions the following Friday which we all have had circled on our calendars for months. SP fans respect the Lions and, although the Lions fans admit no fear of anyone, we know that deep down in their cold miserable hearts they have concerns. This Raider team is not as powerful with the run as past teams but has the best balance of run, pass, defense, and special teams of possibly any SP team in years. Shelby's key is the LB corp which is likely the best in the state in all divisions. That is key against the Redbone, but now that they also have to account for Air Grier and the Raiders Doomsday defense. Hanlon is putting 80% of his kickoffs in the endzone which results in long fields for a less explosive Lions offense. We would talk about punting, but that is not fun. We try hard never to punt. Expect a huge lively crowd. Can't wait!
Yes I do have a concern.My concern is how many of those idiot Red Raider fans will sitting around me on the Shelby side.

Reactions: shelbyfan1
Yes I do have a concern.My concern is how many of those idiot Red Raider fans will sitting around me on the Shelby side.
This could work in your favor really depends on how the game goes. If it goes shelbys way you could watch them do the walk of shame. I have always liked to sit with new people and talk football. Have sat with some very nice guys. I ended up sitting with jakes dad last year at a south point game and he's a nice guy

Reactions: SHS LION
Cramp Medics!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bananas anyone?
Seriously, though, is that some sort of tradition, to sit on the visitors side, and talk ish the whole game? That takes some serious guts to do that. That’s bound not to end well one day.

72, We played the same teams y'all have.SOS is higher then Shelby. Y'all played Rock Hill South Pointe and got beat pretty bad.

I sit on the visitor side when we played East Rutherford and I didn't see any SP fans on that side.

Of course I'm joking about Chase winning. What else are you gonna talk about during South POint / Chase week?

But in all seriousness, South Point's non-conference schedule is not in the same ballpark as ours.

Reactions: 72 State Champion
My bad y'all number 3 and we are number 11 in SOS. That goes out the window next Friday night in Belmont. Shelby hasn't lost to a 2A team since 2012 against Madison in the playoffs. Should be a great game. We haven't lost since the Huss game of last year. 20 plus game winning streak. But a streak will end next Friday night.

Reactions: Mopar forever
And Atlanta kicked New England's butt in the SuperBowl...A lot can happen in a quarter and a fourth. I'll take 1 td per quarter against the #5 team in the NATION.

Kicked our butt.....pffft.....no, they were supposed to kick our butt. They had their nervous pants on late in the third quarter.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT