ADVERTISEMENT

South Point Red Raiders vs Shelby Golden Lions

I'm here, SL. Just said hello to SHS and LA. The rest of you Lions were afraid to show up.

28-9...4:40...3rd.

South Point has gotten their revenge from last year
With a big win tonight playing superb on both sides of the ball we had no answers on offense / defense / specials teams

The better team won (even though about 6 to go) good luck rest of the way and Seadog don’t drink and drive I saw the pics of you clowns on Facebook before the game ;)

Congratulations my friend enjoy your bragging rights y’all deserve it

Regroup Lions and let’s see what happens in the playoffs

South Point has gotten their revenge from last year
With a big win tonight playing superb on both sides of the ball we had no answers on offense / defense / specials teams

The better team won (even though about 6 to go) good luck rest of the way and Seadog don’t drink and drive I saw the pics of you clowns on Facebook before the game ;)

Congratulations my friend enjoy your bragging rights y’all deserve it

Regroup Lions and let’s see what happens in the playoffs

Not over yet, bro. I spoke too early.

The dive broke a long one the qb broke a long one and the pitch broke a long one .... we didn’t stop any of the the options tonight meaning we lose big

It happens and that is a well oiled machine this evening .... and when you have a very good defense behind that triple option offense it makes it tough to compete ... they whooped our tails

Not much more can be said

Don't understand all this hype for these 2 teams based on them living off the past success of the last few years. The real truth of the matter for THIS YEAR is neither one of these teams are the top team in the west in 2A as the Hibriten Panthers are the new king of that mountain! I have not seen a team that can challenge Hibriten as the Panthers have the advantage on both sides of the ball.

Don't understand all this hype for these 2 teams based on them living off the past success of the last few years. The real truth of the matter for THIS YEAR is neither one of these teams are the top team in the west in 2A as the Hibriten Panthers are the new king of that mountain! I have not seen a team that can challenge Hibriten as the Panthers have the advantage on both sides of the ball.
You must be totally nuts.

South Point or Shelby will wax your Panthers like they are little kittens.

Shelby got beat in every phase of the game. It was never in doubt . Congrats to South Point you are fundamentally better and it ain’t even close. I warned our guys to stay in Realville after beating cupcakes. We haven’t improved offensively and the defense has gotten worse. I don’t see a lot of fight out of this team. They play too soft.

This guy over here talking about being the new king without playing or beating anyone that is currently on the throne. I would love to hear how Hibriten is now the king of the mountain. I thought you guys where king of the mountain last year as well and we all know how that turned out.

Shelby got beat in every phase of the game. It was never in doubt . Congrats to South Point you are fundamentally better and it ain’t even close. I warned our guys to stay in Realville after beating cupcakes. We haven’t improved offensively and the defense has gotten worse. I don’t see a lot of fight out of this team. They play too soft.

yeap I doubt they'll make it to the 3rd round, forget the drive for five. Maybe a quarter final runner up trophy.

Congrats to South Point. Y'all were the better team tonight. We definitely made some terrible mistakes along the way to aid you but congrats on the win and conference championship.

Y'all have never faired too well when we've met again in the playoffs. Hopefully we will get our chance in a few weeks.

We've never said we win them all....we just win more than anyone else.

Reactions: Blue and Gold22
I said earlier that this game would be won in the trenches. The difference in these teams was the O line and D line. I was immensely impressed by Surratt and Brooks. Great QB, tough RB's and solid receivers. However, Surratt must have been sacked 6 times and ran for his life all night long. On the other side of the ball, SP O line created space that the Alexander, Lee, Grier, and Hale took advantage of. Surrratt is easily the best QB that I have seen this year. I am anxious to see some film but SP clearly had a good plan to negate those Shelby LB's. Great win any time you walk away with a win against the Lions.

Reactions: sasha_nc
Congrats to South Point. Y'all were the better team tonight. We definitely made some terrible mistakes along the way to aid you but congrats on the win and conference championship.

Y'all have never faired too well when we've met again in the playoffs. Hopefully we will get our chance in a few weeks.

We've never said we win them all....we just win more than anyone else.

We both made mistakes. SP lost a fumble, failed to cover an on side kick, put the ball on the ground on 3 pitches, and had numerous penalties that stopped SP drives or extended Shelby drives. We actually have not done too poorly against the Lions in the playoffs. Losses in 87 and 93 and wins in 74 and 79. Shelby is a great team and program. I believe that SP showed themselves to be a better team in 2017.

Congrats to you South Point guys. You guys have a very impressive, fundamentally sound team. You were the better team, and beat us in every phase of the game. I was honored to meet Raidersway, Seadog, and the living legend, Coondog, tonight.

As for Shelby, we had a good run, a historical run that cannot be denied, however, all good things must come to an end, but I will tell you all one thing, our boys will regroup, and go down fighting, they won’t leave quietly.

Last edited:
We both made mistakes. SP lost a fumble, failed to cover an on side kick, put the ball on the ground on 3 pitches, and had numerous penalties that stopped SP drives or extended Shelby drives. We actually have not done too poorly against the Lions in the playoffs. Losses in 87 and 93 and wins in 74 and 79. Shelby is a great team and program. I believe that SP showed themselves to be a better team in 2017.
If we play y’all 10 times you’ll win 10. Y’all are just a better ball club.

Reactions: seadog28
All the rain in Lenoir tonight really got to this one.. You haven’t seen anyone challenge Hibriten because they only played 2 good teams all year(Robinson and N.C.)... And I still say if we played again Hibriten wouldn’t beat Robinson by 27 and I think most people would say N-C challenged us!!!! After watching last years beating by SP I would have to say that they still rule the Mountain until they get beat

I wish we would have ran Brooks some on the perimeter, and not up the middle every run play. We never tested the Raiders on the perimeter. The young man is fast, use his speed on the perimeter some.
No. 19 of South Point was impressive, no. 41 was constantly in the backfield, too. Lee was a field general out there, he really led his team, great team, period.

Marshallscot is a West Caldwell fan brining Hibriten up in this post. Typical loser.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT