ADVERTISEMENT

South Fork - Final Week

flyrod5518

Aug 5, 2019
#1 Maiden 5-0 vs Lincolnton 1-4
Bandys 1-4 vs North Lincoln 3-3 (2-3)
East Lincoln 4-2 (3-2) vs Newton-Conover 2-3
#2 West Lincoln 4-2 vs Cherokee (JVs play LNC?)

Maiden and Lincolnton- normally a good game, they’ll still play hard though.

North over Bandys but not by much, might be a close one. Both programs alittle down but may be improving and be ok next year.

East over Newton- should be a down to the wire

West getting it done on state champs of a few years ago. Cherokee musta had a once in a lifetime group of kids all in the same class gone after raising the trophy. Happens sometimes

Reactions: flyrod5518
I’ll start with....I’m going to miss this conference! I think it was one of the most balanced in the state and produced a couple of State Champions as well. Who knows?...maybe we’ll get back together soon... but, I doubt it! Too much growth happening along Hwy 16....those Lincoln county boys might be playing for a 4A title in the future! 😁

Outta respect for the Fork and Mr. Lincolnton....

I’m taking the Wolves, the Trojans, the Red Devils.... gotta take West Lincoln though!

Proud of West Lincoln playing this week. Let Cherokee have a Senior night....that’s good stuff.

I hope my Boom Devils and the Johnny Reb’s represent our conference well! Y’all deserve it!.... I mean that!

Bless you, my friend, that’s a noble gesture. I never pick against the Wolves but In light of that, I’ll have to. Maiden with a decisive win.

This year’s Blue Devils May be title contenders even though they don’t get as much publicity as other top five teams, it will be tough for anyone to beat them. All the best in the playoffs

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Thanks Mr. Lincolnton. I feel good about this year's team...in recent years, we've been unable to fight through adversity. This year we have pretty well. It's a must have quality to be successful.

I don't know what L is supposed to look like but we are playing very slow, like last week. No gumption!

Congratulations to The Blue Devils on the win and good luck in the playoffs; Too much speed, too much size and too many weapons for us to stay in the game. It sounded like from time to time they were experimenting with new plays and formations to use in upcoming games. Maiden will be a hard draw for any team.

*Thanks to Coach Glass and the team for all their time and efforts, and for all you do for the people of Lincolnton. Be proud of being a wolf.

Thanks Lincolnton, and yes we tried quite a bit of new stuff...and half didn't work at all! I understand doing it, but it's frustrating to watch when you know your team is built to go go go.

That QB of yours can sling it. I was very impressed. He can sure sling a slant!

I appreciate you Mr. Lincolnton. Always a pleasure.

Thanks Grizz, Very happy for you and Maiden Creek and all the Blue Devil fans in The biggest little football town in the world.

I saw a lotta heart tonight! Lincolnton.
That’s always good!...no matter what! Samson!....brother.
Agree with Grizz... your Qb threw crossbow slants! Dag!!!...you couldn’t see it!
Good game!!! My friend.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lincolnton
Thank you, my friend. I know you're looking forward to the playoffs, but now, you got to find a good game for tomorrow night. :)

Can’t help but laugh...Lincolnton! Probably my second favorite thing about ball.....watching a game when you don’t have skin in it! 😂

Creek, we outta use our reputation to hitch a ride to Clinton to watch the best team NC football has ever had play. If we run over a few polls on the way there then maybe Wiz will let us in!

Don’t tempt me! Grizzly....I wanna see ‘em play more than you know.
That Southwest Conference gotta mess over there for that last spot....and it’s much closer!... I’m an old soul! 😂

Guys, there are a few games within driving distance that might be really good: Chase at South Point, Burns at RS Central and Crest at Kings Mountain.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT