Shelby @ Crest

shelbyfan1

Aug 22, 2011
Well, guess somebody got to start it...
Somethings gotta give both coming off losses,
Which team will rebound to take win.
Sounds like both are struggling on D

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Shelby should win this one. They have too much fire power on offense for a young -I mean very young and small Crest defense. Shelby’s defense is not as bad as advertised . The two teams they played are really great football teams. KM is one of the better teams in the state and ACR will be a tough out in the 4A playoffs. One of the better ACR teams in a long while.

Crest starts freshmen and sophomores all over the place. They have a great core of juniors and only play like 3 seniors. The future looks bright for these young colts. Crest is a year away - 9th and 10th graders make too many mistakes especially this early in the season. Crest may have found another RB #23 in the second half last week. The defense must play more disciplined and the offense will need to run the ball and eat some clock to have a shot in this one. Less possessions for the Golden Lions Air Raid Offense gives them a better chance of pulling off the upset.

Two great games in Cleveland County this Friday. I’m thinking the other one will be better.

Real football in Cleveland County!

35-19 Shelby. See @NC Joker’s post on Crest’s youth. We all hate the “we’re young” excuse, but it definitely applies to those guys. Is Burns that good, or is Crest that bad. In my opinion, a little of both, but leaning more towards the latter. Rivalry aside, and yes, a win is a win, but even if Shelby wins in a “dogfight”, we definitely have some major concerns, and Shelby is simply not that good.

Last edited:
I just don't see how Crest keeps it close. There wasn't many positives on the Crest side Friday. Maybe he little bit of experience in a county game will keep them this week. But I just don't see it.
We are struggling Bleed. Hopefully we can improve in some areas. Another big loss last week was our kicker.

No one from Crest has used Kings Mountains tactics and complained about youth. It is what is is. We'll take lumps this year in order to grow. We have had some real good years, and depending on how one looks at things this one will be as well. Hopefully at the end of the year we see vast improvement from the beginning.

Shelby should be tough on us. Just facts.

Should the stars somehow align and God be a Charger this Friday and Shelby loses to a revved up JV team. I won't say anything. I'm just going to come here and read one suicide note after another. It will be a site to behold

Ain't no pressure on Crest, that's for sure.

Last edited:
No one from Crest has used Kings Mountains tactics and complained about youth. It is what is is. We'll take lumps this year in order to grow. We have had some real good years, and depending on how one looks at things this one will be as well. Hopefully at the end of the year we see vast improvement from the beginning.

Shelby should be tough on us. Just facts.

Should the stars somehow align and God be a Charger this Friday and Shelby loses to a revved up JV team. I won't say anything. I'm just going to come here and read one suicide note after another. It will be a site to behold

Ain't no pressure on Crest, that's for sure.
Crest came into the season so bold, and with so much swag, though. New helmets, cute new field, and a new coach who is very boisterous on Facebook. Also, a little “chess beating” after beating an obviously terrible Freedom team. It’s going to be great crushing Crest, regardless. I will be pulling for Shelby Crest after this game, though.

Crest came into the season so bold, and with so much swag, though. New helmets, cute new field, and a new coach who is very boisterous on Facebook. Also, a little “chess beating” after beating an obviously terrible Freedom team. It’s going to be great crushing Crest, regardless. I will be pulling for Shelby Crest after this game, though.
Been while since we had a coach that cared about that stuff too. Kind of nice and the program/community needed somebody to bring that back. Gets the folks revved up for a Friday night.

Reactions: Lion Attack
I expect a high scoring game neither team has shown they can stop anyone. Huskey should be able to spread that Lions defense out and run for a few yards and pass a little on that new Shelby secondary.. Shelby QB gonna get his normal 350+..I expect one of the QB’s to throw a pick six and that will weigh heavy on the outcome of the game.

Nope. The Crest coach has instilled pride back into the program. The field looks good and so do the helmets. We're a good bit away right now but he'll get us there and you know it. I find it funny that Shelby got a big new scoreboard and talked all off season about that offensive line and all the points they would score and they've yet to see themselves ahead on it.

I like you guys, and truthfully nothing but respect for the little 2A program with bigger numbers than some 4a schools. Sure, it should feel good to crush Crest we're behind the 8 ball right now. I wouldn't be to worried you'll get to Bessemer City, Highland Tech, and Cherryville before long and then the chest thumping will start again. God knows when that monster game with Thomas Jefferson takes place, Shelby will be well seasoned.

Just like always you'll run through 2a and then we'll all have to listen to it over and over again. That Napoleon complex Shelby has is funny as crap.

I am hoping against hope I know, but if the stars align. I'm going to get banned from NCPREPS and I am aiming for death threats. LOL

P.S. I'll never pull for Shelby. EVER!. If Shelby were playing the Taliban. I'm wrapping my head up in a bath towell and it's Allah Akbar baby.. Believe it!

Last edited:
Onethings for sure always all this talk about little 2a etc.
Let's look at some facts, South Point a contender every year in 3a, stepped down to 2a, and never got out of 3rd round, then next year back in 3a go to 4th round...but still didn't win anything in 2a...
It does mean something to be in different classes for size school. But 2a can be just as powerful as 3a

That it took until the Tuesday before the game to even get this thread started says a lot about how both have played so far this year.

But with that said I think Shelby wins this one by 14. The kicking game for Crest is really bad & Shelby will take advantage of that.

Pre internet when scores came out in print it was always shelby crest and Lawndale burns.

Nope. The Crest coach has instilled pride back into the program. The field looks good and so do the helmets. We're a good bit away right now but he'll get us there and you know it. I find it funny that Shelby got a big new scoreboard and talked all off season about that offensive line and all the points they would score and they've yet to see themselves ahead on it.

I like you guys, and truthfully nothing but respect for the little 2A program with bigger numbers than some 4a schools. Sure, it should feel good to crush Crest we're behind the 8 ball right now. I wouldn't be to worried you'll get to Bessemer City, Highland Tech, and Cherryville before long and then the chest thumping will start again. God knows when that monster game with Thomas Jefferson takes place, Shelby will be well seasoned.

Just like always you'll run through 2a and then we'll all have to listen to it over and over again. That Napoleon complex Shelby has is funny as crap.

I am hoping against hope I know, but if the stars align. I'm going to get banned from NCPREPS and I am aiming for death threats. LOL

P.S. I'll never pull for Shelby. EVER!. If Shelby were playing the Taliban. I'm wrapping my head up in a bath towell and it's Allah Akbar baby.. Believe it!
I bet for a win at that half and half you would sit with me the rest of the year.

Reactions: Lawn12Dog
I’d sit with you because you’re a good dude. I’m just an old school Crest fan. I can’t pull for Shelby.

I’m a dinosaur I suppose. This new fangled love affair type stuff isn’t for me. Cleveland County has nothing to do with it.
I know exactly what your saying. I am never going to pull for Crest but I will give them credit when they do good. I'm a huge Tar Heel fan and I would never pull for dook. That is part of being true fan of your team. On the positive side if I win the money I will take you out for supper.

I’d sit with you because you’re a good dude. I’m just an old school Crest fan. I can’t pull for Shelby.

I’m a dinosaur I suppose. This new fangled love affair type stuff isn’t for me. Cleveland County has nothing to do with it.
You remember as do I how backin the 80s 99 percent of shelby fans would laugh at crest and burns

Id pull out my teeth with a rusty olive fork
Id sit in the middle of 74 at the bottom of the hill at pizza inn in rush hour
Id cross the mighty Jordan in a paddle boat
Id eat sardines for supper for the rest of my life
Id walk backwards for being ashamed of someone seeing my face
Id do a handstand off the pressbox and swan dive into the season ticket session
Id let the fleas of a thousand camels infest my armpits

Before I'd ever pull for Crest......

*Well cept for that one game against Mt Tabor, I sat amongst the unwashed masses of manure spreaders that one evening. I left smelling of marlboros and greasy cheese, and had to take a shower in RID....

and Lawn12Dog, we still do, just to yuns faces now.... The rich folk high browed Shelby fans have been replaced by us obnoxious chest beating infidels LOL

Shelby by 171.....

Last edited:

*Well cept for that one game against Mt Tabor, I sat amongst the unwashed masses of manure spreaders that one evening. I left smelling of marlboros and greasy cheese, and had to take a shower in RID....

and Lawn12Dog, we still do, just to yuns faces now.... The rich folk high browed Shelby fans have been replaced by us obnoxious chest beating infidels LOL

Shelby by 171.....
I agree I wish Shelby Lion would walk backwards and maybe then I could eat at the ballgame. Tends to make me sick to my stomach looking at his ginormous mug. Grow some hair, wear a bag (well a sack), just do something with it.

Like stated earlier, if this game is close or Shelby loses, there should be cause for panic this year. Crest is just not that good. I hope I'm wrong about Crest, and Burns is just that much better, I just don't see it. Currently, I wouldn't be worried about the 0-2 record, as it has been pointed out numerous times, the first 2 games on the schedule was brutal. 2 big county games Friday. Exciting times for Cleveland County Football.

Shelby by 171.....
I going WITH CREST 28 TO 24.

Sounds like many have lost faith in the Shelby juggernaut. Picking Shelby in a close game against a Crest squad featuring 6 Freshmen/Sophs on defense shows very little faith in the Golden Lions offense. Crest has a renewed excitement with the new coach but with so many young kids on both sides of the ball playing in their first Shelby/Crest game, there’s no way Crest can stay within 17 points of the Lions.

Reactions: NC Joker and dogs79
I'm a Clinton fan from Alaska so I have no beef, but I don't know a lot about Shelby's X's and O's, but unless you're a super duper national powerhouse, it's impossible to run against Shelby. Honestly I believe Shelby may receive a good amount of attention this year by being ranked in the Power Polls and possessing what is called by the local newspaper as "one of the top two offensive lines in the area". I'm planing on being at the game. Kind of scouting Shelby to see how they will stack up against rest of the season.

Does either Shelby or Crest have live internet streaming for their games? Or, are any of the TV stations going to carry the game.

Sounds like many have lost faith in the Shelby juggernaut. Picking Shelby in a close game against a Crest squad featuring 6 Freshmen/Sophs on defense shows very little faith in the Golden Lions offense. Crest has a renewed excitement with the new coach but with so many young kids on both sides of the ball playing in their first Shelby/Crest game, there’s no way Crest can stay within 17 points of the Lions.
It’d be a moral victory for Crest to keep it within 17 points. But that could happen! This is one hail of a rivalry and frazy things happen. Shelby is clearly more talented.

unless you're a super duper national powerhouse, it's impossible to run against Shelby.

You can this year. We don't know how to tackle. Reynolds RB went for 302 on 22 carries last week. Sheesh!

I'm planing on being at the game. Kind of scouting Shelby to see how they will stack up against rest of the season.

Unfortunately, I don't think your gonna see a 2015ish Shelby/Crest matchup. This one, talent wise, is not "one for the decades". Crest is so young and Shelby is trying to figure out its mojo. But this is why State Championships are played in December and not in August. I am sure by November the Ferrari that is Shelby will be purring like a lion.

Does either Shelby or Crest have live internet streaming for their games? Or, are any of the TV stations going to carry the game.

No internet streaming....not this year. I think they are trying to encourage people to come back out to the games.

You can this year. We don't know how to tackle. Reynolds RB went for 302 on 22 carries last week. Sheesh!

Unfortunately, I don't think your gonna see a 2015ish Shelby/Crest matchup. This one, talent wise, is not "one for the decades". Crest is so young and Shelby is trying to figure out its mojo. But this is why State Championships are played in December and not in August. I am sure by November the Ferrari that is Shelby will be purring like a lion.

No internet streaming....not this year. I think they are trying to encourage people to come back out to the games.

I dont get this part. There are alumni and others who live no where near the game and who have to work or other responsibilities. Other high school teams around the country stream every week like college football.

They never said no to radio broadcasts. I dont get the logic of some people.

Let's look at some facts, South Point a contender every year in 3a, stepped down to 2a, and never got out of 3rd round, then next year back in 3a go to 4th round...but still didn't win anything in 2a...
It does mean something to be in different classes for size school. But 2a can be just as powerful as 3a
They wouldn’t have made it out the second round in the east in 3a south point that is

havelock, Eastern Alamance, jacksonville, hunt, Lee county, jh rose, and seventy 1st all these teams could have beat each other last year that’s how balanced the east was last year I know we didn’t win states but south point got destroyed … lol and to me jh rose was not the best team in the east last year I think hunt seventy 1st or jacksonville was jh rose was good tho but south point wouldn’t have made it past the second round I know that

Reactions: UNC_91
They never got past the 2nd round which includes 2017 power house.

How does a transfer play 1st week, thought there was a transfer procedure where u had to wait before u can play..
Idk just asking...

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT