ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby 48 Burns 7

Lion Attack

Aug 15, 2010
Shelby showed improvement tonight in all phases of the game, in my opinion. Burns is young, only starting 7 seniors, they were simply outmatched, however, despite the score, I thought they gave good effort, defensively. Brooks was held under 100 yards, after having his way the first two weeks of the season, and they were able to pressure Sarratt some. Good effort by both teams. Good luck to the Bulldogs going forward.

Last edited:
Reactions: blkgolddynasty
Agree, LA
Line comming around, i swear dont know where these refs have come from this yr, but there terrible both ways, btw good to see u tonight bro

Reactions: Lion Attack
Pretty much what I expected. Although you can't see it by the score, I thought our defense played pretty good. We were in the backfield a lot but Surratt was just too elusive for us. We gave up the big play entirely too much. Brooks was held under 100 yards, but I think that's a more because Shelby found a lot of success in the passing game and didn't have to run it as much. I can't really fault our offense much. We are very young and inexperienced going against a top notch defensive team. You'd be a fool to expect anything different. On a bright note, we did score a legit TD against you guys, something no one else has done yet. Take that Shelby!!!! Good luck the rest of the way boys.

Good game, Shelby skill guys are just better than our right now. Surratt was the biggest difference, anytime I thought we had him in the backfield, he would dance his way out and find some time. Ill agree the refs were absolutely horrible for the game (both ways) Shelby's 2nd TD i thought the kid clearly sidestepped out of bounds but the ref was too far back to even see I rekon lol. Glad they didnt have a real impact on the outcome of the game. There werent any serious injuries either for both sides, on to week 3

Nice win even though I thought we left a lot of points on the field.I like the way 12 is seeing the field and getting all the wide receivers involved and 13 really showed his speed last night.Burns has some talent and played hard through out the game.The next three weeks are going to be really tough and hopefully the kids can continue to improve.On to the Crest game.

Good game, Shelby skill guys are just better than our right now. Surratt was the biggest difference, anytime I thought we had him in the backfield, he would dance his way out and find some time. Ill agree the refs were absolutely horrible for the game (both ways) Shelby's 2nd TD i thought the kid clearly sidestepped out of bounds but the ref was too far back to even see I rekon lol. Glad they didnt have a real impact on the outcome of the game. There werent any serious injuries either for both sides, on to week 3
I believe he stepped out twice.

Reactions: whitemilesdavis
Pretty much what I expected. Although you can't see it by the score, I thought our defense played pretty good. We were in the backfield a lot but Surratt was just too elusive for us. We gave up the big play entirely too much. Brooks was held under 100 yards, but I think that's a more because Shelby found a lot of success in the passing game and didn't have to run it as much. I can't really fault our offense much. We are very young and inexperienced going against a top notch defensive team. You'd be a fool to expect anything different. On a bright note, we did score a legit TD against you guys, something no one else has done yet. Take that Shelby!!!! Good luck the rest of the way boys.
Yes, Burns absolutely played good defense. Brooks had 15 carries for 67 yards, if I'm not mistaking, he got his touches. I told a friend of mine that Burns was doing a great job against the run. I was super impressed w/ Stormy last year, with his play and measurables, he should at the very least be a D1AA prospect.

As soon as Burns stepped out onto the field, you literally see the youth of the players, physically, a lot of smallish players who in time, maturity wise and in the weight room, will become some very promising players. Only 7 senior starters, you're absolutely going to have your bumps and bruises along the way, but Coach Devine has them playing hard, getting the most out of such a young team, gotta be proud of the effort.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lawn12Dog
We're incredibly proud of the effort. We love what Coach Devine has brought to the table. It's always scary to have the younger kids play a lot on varsity because they have a better chance of injuries. If we can make it through the year without getting anyone severely injured and build some experience, it will bode well for us the next couple years. And if I'm hearing correctly, I think our 7th grade or 8th grade class looks to be a real good one. So hopefully these young Bulldogs will start turning it around next year and pave the way for our next good group of athletes.

The guy is scored for Burns is FAST. Geez. Don't let Crest see him :)
It was good to see some playmakers tonight for Shelby. Kids might be growing up.

And yeah, I saw the long touchdown again on twitter. He definitely stepped out, ran a few more yards, and then stepped out again at the 2...before scoring. Hey, the refs giveth and the refs taketh away. That throw by Malik on that play was crazy though.

there are no bright spots in a 48 to 7 butt whopping period.

^Please crawl back in your hole.

LA whenever there are issues with the OL, 12's poise is the difference maker. He never looks rattled.

Reactions: Lion Attack
I hope D Christopher becomes a starter in the secondary, he looked real good the last two games. Also, I wonder what the deal was with us rotating lineman in the first half? Poor play or injuries?

We're incredibly proud of the effort. We love what Coach Devine has brought to the table. It's always scary to have the younger kids play a lot on varsity because they have a better chance of injuries. If we can make it through the year without getting anyone severely injured and build some experience, it will bode well for us the next couple years. And if I'm hearing correctly, I think our 7th grade or 8th grade class looks to be a real good one. So hopefully these young Bulldogs will start turning it around next year and pave the way for our next good group of athletes.

Yes you are hearing correctly.... Lot of good talented kids coming up through there soon...

I was tickled to see some of the kids that played for us at UC starting last night .....Made the old man happy to see.... Love those kids

I hope D Christopher becomes a starter in the secondary, he looked real good the last two games. Also, I wonder what the deal was with us rotating lineman in the first half? Poor play or injuries?

Probably because the O-Line is soft........:D

We got Mounties talking trash? Its sad in Burns worst years, the best you muster up is a 7-0/ 14-0 victories. worry about trying to get the Zanders kids back from Crest and not us, (Crests usual farm team)

Probably because the O-Line is soft........:D
Lol... But,
dzenafgsfmtdbvyqeldz.jpg

Reactions: whitemilesdavis
We got Mounties talking trash? Its sad in Burns worst years, the best you muster up is a 7-0/ 14-0 victories. worry about trying to get the Zanders kids back from Crest and not us, (Crests usual farm team)
not trying to talk trash but when you get beat 48 to 7 to me there are not no bright spots. if BURNS beat KM in a few weeks by 5 or 6 touchdowns I can assure you there will be no bright spots for KM. BURNS always plays KM tough.

Message Board 101:

A positive comment made on a thread that does not involve your team is called a compliment. That equates to paying respect.

A comment made on a thread that does not involve your team is called being a Troll. That equates to unnecessary negative comments from all parties, therefore Trash Talking.

Whether you see it or not it was trash talking.

Let's clear up two more things:

1) Mounties is a cringe worthy nickname used by the Cheerleaders.....I hate it.

2) Rev...let's be factual it was 28 and 14 to Sennesay those two years.....that is supposed to be humor.

Reactions: Lawn12Dog
Message Board 101:

A positive comment made on a thread that does not involve your team is called a compliment. That equates to paying respect.

A comment made on a thread that does not involve your team is called being a Troll. That equates to unnecessary negative comments from all parties, therefore Trash Talking.

Whether you see it or not it was trash talking.

Let's clear up two more things:

1) Mounties is a cringe worthy nickname used by the Cheerleaders.....I hate it.

2) Rev...let's be factual it was 28 and 14 to Sennesay those two years.....that is supposed to be humor.

lol, you should write the NCpreps Etiquette book! when I typed the scores, I thought I was off a score. No offense to ya.

as to the troll....If Burns beats KM by 5-6 Tds, then your whole staff needs to be fired because that will not be expected this season nor should it happen. When Shelby beat Burns the way they did..it was par for the course and we did a few things well to build on. We are very young and was not expected to compete and we did to an extent....good day rookie.

Reactions: KM2ASU
I thought our defense played outstanding at times but we let a few by us and gave up the deep pass. Up front I thought we did not do bad at all. The Burns offense is missing some identity. I feel like Pryor is being leaned on hard to make it happen. We need some of the young receivers to step up. I hate to keep saying YOUNG but lord knows we are just that. It has been a long time since Burns had so many kids moved up and starting. Get us now because in the next years to come we will be back.

Buford has a better chance than you guess! Plus SC top teams are killing out of state teams. Byrnes took a a little beating from South Pointe before week zero and Byrnes just beat Don Bosco! So :rolleyes: we will see! We have the #1 kicker in the nation, #1 Athlete in SC DK who is the #5 athlete in the nation! They can play plus Eli Adams VT commit, Steven Gilmore who is highly recruited his brother is Patriots cornerback stephon Gilmore!

Buford has a better chance than you guess! Plus SC top teams are killing out of state teams. Byrnes took a a little beating from South Pointe before week zero and Byrnes just beat Don Bosco! So :rolleyes: we will see! We have the #1 kicker in the nation, #1 Athlete in SC DK who is the #5 athlete in the nation! They can play plus Eli Adams VT commit, Steven Gilmore who is highly recruited his brother is Patriots cornerback stephon Gilmore!
No dog at all here just like reading what you guys putting out but...

Steven Gilmore has a brother named Stephon Gilmore?

Calling them in for supper must have been fun!

Reactions: beamer24
^^^ speaking of trolls.

Why don't you worry about fixing all those damn potholes down that way and paving those roads. It's like going back to riding in a horse and wagon everytime you cross the boarder into the most inbreded state in the USA.

Shelby by as much as they want.

RH SP, has played 2 Medicore teams at best.
Northwestern down this year from past, and Nation Ford was hood on 7 on 7 but thsts it.
Yes you have had big win numbers, but please, thoze arent great teams. Shelby isnt worried bout yall, we take one weel at a time.
Next up for us is Crest, so thats what we focus on...see u in couple weeks

RH SP, has played 2 Medicore teams at best.
Northwestern down this year from past, and Nation Ford was hood on 7 on 7 but thsts it.
Yes you have had big win numbers, but please, thoze arent great teams. Shelby isnt worried bout yall, we take one weel at a time.
Next up for us is Crest, so thats what we focus on...see u in couple weeks
You would know SC football! But West Rowan, Indy, Vance and Mallard Creek would tell you south pointe is like that! Northwestern is not down they came back and blew out a good Dorman team. Their quarterback is coming to but south Pointe is really that good. But I will talk my junk when we beat you and I don’t want you to say a word other than you saying I was right. Also what about Byrnes they had 1 down year last year but south pointe gave it to them in the preseason then they beat Don Bosco! Too many numbers against Shelby! You bearly won your first game! 4A & 5A South Carolina vs. 2A North Carolina! Be serious!

Truth is your one making big deal, this just shows Shelbys not scared to sch a great team.
We just may well get blowed out,But we will be there to play,
Facts are facts if u blow us out your supose too.
But if u dont whats that going say?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT