ADVERTISEMENT

Mt Airy host 7 on 7

MaxPreps released their rankings for football teams in NC on August 10th. Ma was ranked number one tarboro second. Based on what I've seen from ma posters on here from what they saw at the scrimmage, I'd say they got it right
I saw that Wednesday. I hope it stays that way and Mount Airy vs Tarboro could be one of the best games in the State Championship games in December. Mount Airy was also ranked 32nd out of all schools in North Carolina all classes 1A through 4A

Last edited:
I will have to say that MA looked impressive and used a variety of running backs in the scrimmage. Mason and Reid only got a few carries but were enough to score multiple times. Reid had 3 long runs. Saw at least 7 different backs carry the ball. Line was dominant on both sides of ball. Floyd didn't play a lot but #51 is also good. Didn't see a team at scrimmage that could have challenged MA.

How’s this group look compared to the 2008 group? I had heard from a real good source a month back that there wouldn’t be much of a drop off if any after this loaded senior class graduated. The source was as good as it gets when it comes to bear football. I have to say that I kinda doubted it when I heard it and wrote it off as optimistic, especially as strong as this senior class is. Sounds like from what was seen in the scrimmages yesterday that could hold true. To hear you sbbbfan, Whitley and other trusted posters speak of yesterdays scrimmages, the future looks extremely exciting for a few years to come with the granite bears. Obviously the season still has to play out but one would expect that younger talent to get an extreme mid second quarter through out the second half workload this season.

How’s this group look compared to the 2008 group? I had heard from a real good source a month back that there wouldn’t be much of a drop off if any after this loaded senior class graduated. The source was as good as it gets when it comes to bear football. I have to say that I kinda doubted it when I heard it and wrote it off as optimistic, especially as strong as this senior class is. Sounds like from what was seen in the scrimmages yesterday that could hold true. To hear you sbbbfan, Whitley and other trusted posters speak of yesterdays scrimmages, the future looks extremely exciting for a few years to come with the granite bears. Obviously the season still has to play out but one would expect that younger talent to get an extreme mid second quarter through out the second half workload this season.
Just like the 2008 team this team has a lot of depth at every position. Not much drop off in production when making subs. Saw some different defensive sets. Saw most of players walking up stands going to concession stand and they have definitely been in weight room.

Just like the 2008 team this team has a lot of depth at every position. Not much drop off in production when making subs. Saw some different defensive sets. Saw most of players walking up stands going to concession stand and they have definitely been in weight room.
Would love to see them scrimmage some bigger schools but a lot of these teams are expected to make deep playoff runs in va.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT