ADVERTISEMENT

RD2 Clinton vs Wilson-Beddingfield

Darkhorse#34

Jul 30, 2006
For the 4th time in the last 8 years these two hook up for a playoff game. Thoughts and predictions???? Recording preview show later on. Go Horses!!!!!!!

Notable performances from last night

-Nydarion Blackwell 10/13 302 yards 4 TDs he’s got a 23-1 TD to interception ratio I don’t care how much you throw the ball that’s efficient.

-Josiah McLaurin 4 receptions 141 yards 2 TDs to go along with 11 carries 63 yards and 4 TDs

-Jakarrion Kenan 3 receptions 103 yards 1 TD and some big hits on defense.

Clinton offense scored on every offensive possession except the last drive where they took a knee inside the redzone. I know the defense has been talked about a lot but the offense is hitting on all cylinders.

Notable performances from last night

-Nydarion Blackwell 10/13 302 yards 4 TDs he’s got a 23-1 TD to interception ratio I don’t care how much you throw the ball that’s efficient.

-Josiah McLaurin 4 receptions 141 yards 2 TDs to go along with 11 carries 63 yards and 4 TDs

-Jakarrion Kenan 3 receptions 103 yards 1 TD and some big hits on defense.

Clinton offense scored on every offensive possession except the last drive where they took a knee inside the redzone. I know the defense has been talked about a lot but the offense is hitting on all cylinders.
Not much opposition, but impressive none the less. Expect more of the same this week. Yal are rolling!

DarkHorses beat Beddingfield 39-18 in the 1st round of the playoffs last year. I don't think this years game will be that close.

Reactions: Otis4411
Only problem Clinton going to have.Do I take school bus to chapel hill or rent a bigger bus

The U will roll into the 3rd round, They have outclassed and performed at a high level all year and are getting what they have earned which is easy early round games.

Clinton will win and be headed home after what may seem like one blink. Clinton surpasses its rivals in every conceivable manner. There's still a lot of football to be played, but common sense has also taken hold. They are essentially able to compete in NC against the greatest at any level.

Clinton will win and be headed home after what may seem like one blink. Clinton surpasses its rivals in every conceivable manner. There's still a lot of football to be played, but common sense has also taken hold. They are essentially able to compete in NC against the greatest at any level.

If Clinton loses at all this season with this team, I’ll be shocked honestly. They are just good at every position. Only hiccup possibly is penalties hurting them on drives, keeping drives alive for other teams. I don’t think a team who is one dimensional can beat them. Time will tell.

Reactions: WrhDog448
Just to put Clintons dominant win over WRH in perspective, WRH is 8-3 after starting 0-3. The 3 losses are to The U (Clinton), 4a Hoggard which has only lost 1 game and to an undefeated 3a Havelock team by 1 pt. WRH has gotten better, but i imagine Clinton has also. I think anything other than a state title for Clinton would be a massive failure. Clinton is just that much better than anyone else in 2a.

Just to put Clintons dominant win over WRH in perspective, WRH is 8-3 after starting 0-3. The 3 losses are to The U (Clinton), 4a Hoggard which has only lost 1 game and to an undefeated 3a Havelock team by 1 pt. WRH has gotten better, but i imagine Clinton has also. I think anything other than a state title for Clinton would be a massive failure. Clinton is just that much better than anyone else in 2a.
So much pressure is being put on those kids, that I wouldn't be surprised if they lose somewhere based on that alone. Calling it a massive failure if they don't win the ship? Yikes.

Not quite sure how this relates to our game with Beddingfield Friday but I would imagine every team has the goal of winning a State Championship and to not do so would be disappointing. Calling the season a “massive” failure is a bit much but I guess plays into the narrative some can’t wait to push. Going 14-1 or 15-1 or whatever would be disappointing but these kids have accomplished way too much this season to call it a “massive” failure.

Reactions: Wizard of the East
So much pressure is being put on those kids, that I wouldn't be surprised if they lose somewhere based on that alone. Calling it a massive failure if they don't win the ship? Yikes.
It’s not us doing it you see where these types of post come from

I know where the “910 all stars” came from but where is this the “U” come from?
Been thru this before not doing it again. Just a nickname the kids started that’s all no different then when we called ourselves the “ Beast of the East” in the 90’s and 2000’s

The kids have done a great job ignoring all the other BS posted up here during the season I’m sure they have no issue ignoring the pressure placed upon them by our rivals/critics who are just honestly sitting around in the bushes hoping they slip up so they can come up here and post about how our season was a massive failure.

maybe massive failure was a poor choice of words, but just know if you make to CH i will be pulling for you. This years Clinton team is one of the best all around 2a teams i have ever seen period and i have seen a ton. I am just saying that anything other than a title will be a huge disapointment. Its there for you, everything has fallen into place for you. I dont think anyone will just lay down and give it to you but you are by far the best team in 2a.

maybe massive failure was a poor choice of words, but just know if you make to CH i will be pulling for you. This years Clinton team is one of the best all around 2a teams i have ever seen period and i have seen a ton. I am just saying that anything other than a title will be a huge disapointment. Its there for you, everything has fallen into place for you. I dont think anyone will just lay down and give it to you but you are by far the best team in 2a.
It’s teams out there capable with just as much talent and one of them out west just got healthy talking about Reidsville. We all have watched and played enough football to know the ball doesn’t always bounce your way and sometimes the best team doesn’t always win. I seen really really good teams not holding that trophy at the end of the season for one reason or another it happens. Would I be disappointed if we don’t sure but like I said these kids have accomplished wayyyy to much for me or any other person to call them failures. But like I said it’s “some” that will for one reason or another.

It’s no pressure on our kids they are having the time of their lives and I’m happy for them I miss it. Whatever happens any Clinton fan should be proud of this team. And I’ll say the same for any other teams out their having outstanding seasons

Not to me it wouldn't it would just mean we ruled the east for this year. That's an accomplishment by itself

Massive failure no disappointed yes, but that’s not going to happen with this DarkHorse team, that’s just someone wanting the Horses to fail because they have NO CHANCE, that’s failure

Going out on a limb here by saying every team that made the playoffs will be/are disappointed with not winning the whole thing.

Going out on a limb here by saying every team that made the playoffs will be/are disappointed with not winning the whole thing.
sure they will but only a select few believe they have a realistic shot

Gotta disagree with that. These guys aren't going through what they go through daily without thinking they can win a championship. Most teams, anyway. I saw players on a 5-5 team crying last week after they lost to us. You don't do that if you didn't have thoughts of championships. I assure you Beddingfield is going into the game tomorrow believing that they are gonna win the whole thing. All the remaining teams believe they have a shot.

If Clinton loses at all this season with this team, I’ll be shocked honestly. They are just good at every position. Only hiccup possibly is penalties hurting them on drives, keeping drives alive for other teams. I don’t think a team who is one dimensional can beat them. Time will tell.
Clinton is KING

If Clinton loses any game other than the championship game, it's a failure.
"Surprise, disappointment, unexpected", etc., but absent of cheating, illegal/criminal activity, or other character-related issues, I would never use the word "failure" to describe any activity, and in particular a game, involving 14-17 year-olds. They'll have plenty of opportunities to "fail" later in life, where the stakes and impact on themselves and others will be much higher. Glad to hear they are apparently ignoring the noise from the outside and enjoying this special time in their lives. Having been where they are some years ago, I can go ahead and tell you that in particular for the seniors there will be tears after their last game, regardless if it is a win or a loss.

I know where the “910 all stars” came from but where is this the “U” come from?

"Surprise, disappointment, unexpected", etc., but absent of cheating, illegal/criminal activity, or other character-related issues, I would never use the word "failure" to describe any activity, and in particular a game, involving 14-17 year-olds. They'll have plenty of opportunities to "fail" later in life, where the stakes and impact on themselves and others will be much higher. Glad to hear they are apparently ignoring the noise from the outside and enjoying this special time in their lives. Having been where they are some years ago, I can go ahead and tell you that in particular for the seniors there will be tears after their last game, regardless if it is a win or a loss.
You are so correct; for some it will be the last time they play the game

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT