ADVERTISEMENT

Oak Grove vs Crest

Every inner city has athletic kids and physical specimens and every rural area has brute kids that would tackle a tree. What makes Cleveland County different is they get most of those kids coming out for football. That's why a place like Harding can win a State championship one year and not win a game the next.
Greatest recruitment a program can win is by this.

Reactions: Wow71 and beamer24

It appears Cleveland County is just about average in regards to NFL talent. However I do agree that pound for pound the area plays high school football at a high level consistently. Just my opinion.
When I started my question I thought it would be a good way to judge talent in the area but obviously I’m wrong and shouldn’t have even thought that. There are way too many factors in why kids don’t play at the next level and beyond. Whether it be education finances whatever. My son in tact in my opinion should have played at the next level and possibly beyond but he decided he did not want to put his body through the torture anymore and who was I to judge him on that. He could have gone about anywhere had it not been for the pandemic and other factors. He has a straight a student and doing extremely well in college now. But I am glad to see and learn about the players throughout our state that have gone on to do great things in the sport.

I know from the “local” area here are
Shy Tuttle (North Davidson)
Brad Hoover (Ledford)
Akeem Brian Davis-Gaither (Thomasville)
Madison Hedgecock (Ledford) Super Bowl Champion Fullback with the NY Giants
Damane Duckett (North Davidson)
Henry Walls (Central Davidson)
Bolo Perdue (Thomasville Area) played way back in the day.
Josh Bush (West Davidson)
Danny Medlin (Thomasville)
Deems May (Lexington)
Joe McIntosh (Lexington)

Last edited:
Reactions: BlackKnightNut
Madison Hedgecock (Ledford) Super Bowl Champion Fullback with the NY Giants
Damane Duckett (North Davidson)
Henry Walls (Central Davidson)
Bolo Perdue (Thomasville Area) played way back in the day.
Josh Bush (West Davidson)
Danny Medlin (Thomasville)
Deems May (Lexington)
Joe McIntosh (Lexington)
Ron Carpenter Thomasville, NC State, Cincinnati Bengals

Davidson County has had its far share of pro's but is probably better known for golf, baseball, softball, tennis and volleyball overall in terms of kids going to college for sports or making the big leagues. Ledford, Oak Grove and North Davidson have D1 kids in those sports about every year,

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT