ADVERTISEMENT

Oak Grove, have they earned respect yet?

SCRballer

May 17, 2018
Wanting to know what peoples thoughts are on Oak Grove to this point? Have they earned respect yet? The Varsity team only 6 years in and are 47-16. They went to the playoffs in their second year as a program and have made it each year since. Went to the second round of the playoffs in the third and fifth year. Beat North and Ledford the second year in the regular season while those schools still had their 3A and 4A students. I personally think that the best team OG has had to date is the 18-19 team (probably a bit bias as my son was on that team). This years team is doing very well but against competition of North and Ledford that has declined. OG beat Salisbury in the 20-21 season early on in the season and Salisbury went on to win the state title that year. The JV team has gone 44-3 over the past 6 years and I don't know the middle school record but they went several years undefeated. I know the younger programs don't always represent what the future holds but it seems to be working out so far for them.

I’m pretty sure the OG middle school team has gone undefeated at least last year and the year prior. They are currently sitting at 6-0 this year.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Lots of respect to Oak Grove. They stepped up their non-conference schedule, but the conference is way down. Two horse race at best, but Ledford is a distant second. Probably won’t get any better. I respect the program, they do things the right way. Coaches who build kids up, which is really what it’s all about. That being said, the respect from outside of Davidson County when they can beat a signature-type team in the playoffs.

Lots of respect to Oak Grove. They stepped up their non-conference schedule, but the conference is way down. Two horse race at best, but Ledford is a distant second. Probably won’t get any better. I respect the program, they do things the right way. Coaches who build kids up, which is really what it’s all about. That being said, the respect from outside of Davidson County when they can beat a signature-type team in the playoffs.
Agreed! I am not sure this will be that year but am extremely hopeful. I'm thinking into second round but no further. Had they not had to play or could have beat North couple years ago in the playoff I think they would have gone a lot further.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT