ADVERTISEMENT

Oak Grove vs Crest

I was afraid that it was going to turn out that way. Oak Grove just never showed any real consistency on offense throughout the year.

They still had a great season for a new program playing just their 4th season with a full varsity roster, and I hope they can continue to build on it and get that signature win that they need to step up another notch.

Good luck to Crest the rest of the way.

I was afraid that it was going to turn out that way. Oak Grove just never showed any real consistency on offense throughout the year.

They still had a great season for a new program playing just their 4th season with a full varsity roster, and I hope they can continue to build on it and get that signature win that they need to step up another notch.

Good luck to Crest the rest of the way.
Didn't realize the school was so new .....great showing. Who lost athletes to OG?

Ledford lost some athletes, but N Davidson lost athletes plus the head coach and several assistants. Holcomb had a pretty good thing going at ND prior to taking the OG job.

Crest offense continues to show it's more than Huskey and Green. The Soph RB duo of Aiden Carson and Anton Lewis really helped Crest get the offense going. Lewis had 2 TD's on the ground and Carson added another. It is funny when Green doesn't make a catch and the opposing student section breaks out the "overrated" chant. Seems like every time this has happened this year, a spectacular play is coming. No different this week as Green went and got one amongst the OG defenders for a TD. Crest defense continues to show great growth this year. Crest may have left some points on the field, esp in the first half. To many penalties brought back some nice plays. Can't afford that moving forward. Game gotta little chippy towards the end but a good job by the coaches and players of both teams to dial back the emotion. On to round 3 for the Chargers.

Last edited:
Crest offense continues to show it's more than Huskey and Green. The Soph RB duo of Aiden Carson and Anton Lewis really helped Crest get the offense going. Lewis had 2 TD's on the ground and Carson added another. It is funny when Green doesn't make catch and the opposing student section breaks out the "overrated" chant. Seems like every time this has happened this year, a spectacular play is coming. No different this week as Green went and got one amongst the OG defenders for a TD. Crest defense continues to show great growth this year. Crest may have left some points on the field, esp in the first half. To many penalties brought back some nice plays. Can't afford that moving forward. Game gotta little chippy towards the end but a good job by the coaches and players of both teams to dial back the emotion. On to round 3 for the Chargers.
Good job on the broadcast Smash under difficult circumstances. Real good job.

Reactions: smashmouth5
Curios as to what makes them "different"? Can they bench press 1000 pounds, run 4.0 40's and leap buildings with a single bound like Superman?
A great athlete in most schools in the state are just a decent athlete in CC. not being ugly its just facts. Kids that can start in other programs wouldnt see the field for CC. So yes, Cleveland County athletes are different. Good win Crust, looking forward to a SP/Crest thread for a week!

Crest offense continues to show it's more than Huskey and Green. The Soph RB duo of Aiden Carson and Anton Lewis really helped Crest get the offense going. Lewis had 2 TD's on the ground and Carson added another. It is funny when Green doesn't make a catch and the opposing student section breaks out the "overrated" chant. Seems like every time this has happened this year, a spectacular play is coming. No different this week as Green went and got one amongst the OG defenders for a TD. Crest defense continues to show great growth this year. Crest may have left some points on the field, esp in the first half. To many penalties brought back some nice plays. Can't afford that moving forward. Game gotta little chippy towards the end but a good job by the coaches and players of both teams to dial back the emotion. On to round 3 for the Chargers.
Any chance you have the final stats from last nights game? I'm curious to see rushing yards for the Crest RBs.

A great athlete in most schools in the state are just a decent athlete in CC. not being ugly its just facts. Kids that can start in other programs wouldnt see the field for CC. So yes, Cleveland County athletes are different. Good win Crust, looking forward to a SP/Crest thread for a week!
Must be in the water. In 35+ years around high school football all over the state, including watching CC teams I haven't ever said, "wow, these guys are superior to other teams as far as speed and athleticism goes". Best wishes to the CC teams.

Reactions: beamer24
Nonsense, better history and tradition but they don't grow superior kids to any other area.

Reactions: Wow71
Nonsense, better history and tradition but they don't grow superior kids to any other area.
Meh....the triangle that is Shelby, Crest and Gaffney produces some incredible talent. Most successful program in the history of NC (Shelby) and the most successful program in the history of SC (Gaffney) are only about 15-20 miles from each other. Crest has their share of state titles including the unified 4A titles in '94 and '96.

Obviously both Burns and Kings Mountain are improving as well.

Reactions: NC Joker
One issue that most folks can’t figure out is the the talent in Cleveland County is split four ways.

For instance. Shelby and Crest are 7 miles apart. Put all that talent in the same building and who’d line up to come get some?

I’m not saying that other places don’t have as much talent here or there. I am saying that if that the talent in Cleveland County was combined then folks would find out really quickly that they’d get BROKEN STRAIGHT OFF.

He saying IF. with you pony boys there’s always an if. If the refs, if we hadn’t fumbled, if we had 5 more minutes……. Always the same, excuses, excuses, excuses. Even when Crust wins it ain’t good enough or convincing enough. Y’all need to chill out .

He saying IF. with you pony boys there’s always an if. If the refs, if we hadn’t fumbled, if we had 5 more minutes……. Always the same, excuses, excuses, excuses. Even when Crust wins it ain’t good enough or convincing enough. Y’all need to chill out .
What are you talking about? We we’re having a discussion. Either add to it or stay out of it. You’re all over the place inserting you ignorance anywhere you can. I want to be nice to you but you make me want to find you and stab you.

As a matter of fact walk over with my friend ouduckfan just to show me you really aren’t a penisoraus in person.

• Haha
Reactions: NC Joker
Yes Cleveland County is the ❤️ of high school football in the state of NC. I don’t know why I rattle your cage so bad. I’m just stirring the pot. As Seadog said you guys over there are good people. I guess my poking stick is a little to sharp. I’ll work on it. The last thing I want to do is piss people off.

Yes Cleveland County is the ❤️ of high school football in the state of NC. I don’t know why I rattle your cage so bad. I’m just stirring the pot. As Seadog said you guys over there are good people. I guess my poking stick is a little to sharp. I’ll work on it. The last thing I want to do is piss people off.
You’re not pissing me. I know what you’re trying to do. You just suck at it. You’re like fingernails on a chalkboard. That’s it.

• Haha
Reactions: beamer24
Every inner city has athletic kids and physical specimens and every rural area has brute kids that would tackle a tree. What makes Cleveland County different is they get most of those kids coming out for football. That's why a place like Harding can win a State championship one year and not win a game the next.

Reactions: Wow71 and crestrulz
Just curious because I honestly do not know. But has Cleveland county produced any outstanding college players or any pro players?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT