ADVERTISEMENT

Northeastern @ Clinton Eastern Championship

Amaris Williams 17 yard TD run. 2 point conv good by Robinson. Clinton 30 Northeastern 15 4:17 left in 3rd

Reactions: CrazyHeel
Amaris Williams strong TD run from 11 yards out. 2 point conv no good. Clinton 36 Northeastern 15. 1:41 in 3rd Q

Eagles score on short run on 4th and goal. PAT good. Clinton 36 Northeastern 22. 10:08 left in game.

Y’all expecting Clinton to blow this team out is disrespectful to NE. They have a good team and a great program. On to Raleigh for the Horses.

Last edited:
Reactions: WrhDog448
He scored all but one TD?
Who blocked for him who played defense…..it’s a team game a team win. He’s great but if you think that’s all we got maybe watch other games. We had a specific gameplan based off Northeasterns defense and we played it.

#3 will be back too maybe at QB but definitely will be an impact player probably All conference in all 3 sports this year..Congrats on y’all season so far!

Congrats to those Dark Horses

Next week should be an epic battle between two great teams.

Was hoping it would be us , but we got throat punched early and often, and more often..... they are stil scoring I think LOL...

Anyway great season to the Eagle and good luck to Clinton and Reidsville.... Should be an absolute classic
I know Wiz is happy.....

Y’all expecting Clinton to blow this team out is disrespectful to NE. They have a good team and a great program. On to Raleigh for the Horses.
I don’t know anyone had the expectation to blow NE out, holding ghr
M to 22 points with the scoring average the have was interesting but to beat them by 14 was very satisfactory to me.
NE was a very good undefeated team, they were young; they will be back next year. Honestly though I don’t think anyone was disrespectful to them Hiw can you disrespect a team that’s beaten you the only two times you’ve played them, the last time for the eastern championship on this very field. I will admit I did have confidence Clinton would beat them. I predicted NE would score 21, they scored 22. I thought the Horses would score 42, they scored 36. Hey we’ll take it!
There were a lot of things going on this week that could be construed as making excuses but I’d leave it at that and say both teams played very hard and very well.
I’m very proud of our coaches that made several good decisions that impacted the game in our favor.
To those who negatively critique either team for sloppy, boring play, just be glad your team wasn’t out there playing them.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Clinton was just the better team. It's just that simple.. Especially at the line of scrimmage both sides. Northeastern has speed to burn and very hard to tackle in open space. That's where I was a little surprised and impressed with Clinton's backers and secondaries closing speed and ability to tackle and avoided the big plays. I do think Clinton needs to cut down on the unforced penalties or it may bite y'all next week. As far as how it looked who gives a shit it's just win at this point. Next week will be interesting because Reidsville will be able to match Clinton athletes. But I do like Clintons chances.

Congratulations to both teams for outstanding seasons. Honestly it was a boring game to watch because both teams didn’t look all that sharp for this to be an Eastern final. I do think that was part of Clinton’s game plan to run a slow but steady offense to keep NE offense on the sideline. i wasn’t a big fan of NE going for it on 4th and 12 or whatever it was in the 3rd quarter in their own territory. It was 22-15 and the game was still close. That failed conversion gave Clinton the perfect timing to score and go back up and stretch the lead to 30-15. That just put NE behind the 8 ball against a tough Clinton defense.

Congratulations to both teams for outstanding seasons. Honestly it was a boring game to watch because both teams didn’t look all that sharp for this to be an Eastern final. I do think that was part of Clinton’s game plan to run a slow but steady offense to keep NE offense on the sideline. i wasn’t a big fan of NE going for it on 4th and 12 or whatever it was in the 3rd quarter in their own territory. It was 22-15 and the game was still close. That failed conversion gave Clinton the perfect timing to score and go back up and stretch the lead to 30-15. That just put NE behind the 8 ball against a tough Clinton defense.
Yeah, Johnson’s game plan and #10 was the difference, I thought.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT