ADVERTISEMENT

NCHSAA WRESTLING THREAD

@SitOut I noticed on another message board in TN there tournament is going to be 3 days. A lot posters were complaining about it being a 3 day tournament for 16 man bracket. Do you think 3 days is to long for 2a,3a,and 4a.

Man I didn’t think Avery would dominate the tournament. All 11 kids that went are going to place. 6 in the finals and 5 3rd place.

Reactions: RealStihl
Oh HECK YEAH!!!!!!! Reece just beat Nowell 8-4 to win states. Dad was a state champion and now the son.

@SitOut I noticed on another message board in TN there tournament is going to be 3 days. A lot posters were complaining about it being a 3 day tournament for 16 man bracket. Do you think 3 days is to long for 2a,3a,and 4a.
Not a big deal to me but it is all about the money. You could easily do the round of 16 and quarters on Friday. Start the semis at 11 on Saturday and run the finals at 5.

Reactions: Appvol
Here is my State Champ picks...

106 – Robbinsville
113 – Avery
120 – South Davidson
126 – Robbinsville
132 – UCA
138 – Avery
145 – Toss Up - Lean Avery
152 – Mt. Airy
160 – UCA
170 – Mt. Airy
182 – Robbinsville
195 – Robbinsville
220 – Robbinsville
HWT – Avery
I was close on most picks. I knew 145 was the biggest toss up weight. I overlooked the South Stanly kid. He buzzed right through the bracket. 152 was always going to be close. No doubt big shock at 26. Nowell got too comfortable and didn’t push for more points. Reese wrestled a great match and won the last exchange.

Reactions: Appvol
I was close on most picks. I knew 145 was the biggest toss up weight. I overlooked the South Stanly kid. He buzzed right through the bracket. 152 was always going to be close. No doubt big shock at 26. Nowell got too comfortable and didn’t push for more points. Reese wrestled a great match and won the last exchange.
What was really cool Odom came over and gave Reece dad a hug and congratulations. Class act!

It was also neat to see how much John Mark was into the match coaching from the stands even though there was no way Reece could hear him.

Odom has retired at a young age.
Waiting to hear who replaces him.

The lottery school got embarrassed.
Swain could have beat them if they didn't get moved to the east for playoffs. No way they would've s nt 13 in the west.

Odom has retired at a young age.
Waiting to hear who replaces him.

The lottery school got embarrassed.
Swain could have beat them if they didn't get moved to the east for playoffs. No way they would've s nt 13 in the west.
They lose major guys also so it will be interesting to see who they get this time to fill those holes.

Robbinsvilles sophomore 106 1a state champ Panama beat the 3a 106 state champ last week 14-03.

Fridays all star will be live
Robbinsville has 3 going.
North Carolina vs South Carolina

Panama beat the 3a 106 runner up today 13-3 and Panama already beat the 106 3a state champ last week 14-03.
Panama is improving fast. Can't wait to watch him next season.

Panama beat the 3a 106 runner up today 13-3 and Panama already beat the 106 3a state champ last week 14-03.
Panama is improving fast. Can't wait to watch him next season.
Do you think he will be back at 106 next year. If not anything above 113 will be tough.

Robbinsville had 130 show up Saturday.
To my understanding it was elementary and middle school kids. Had alot of girls also.

The NHSCA High School Nationals were this weekend in Virginia Beach, Va. If you place in the top 8 you are considered a High School All American. These are the kids from NC that got All American.

Freshman division

Joseph Hunt HWT 8th

Sophomore division

Camron Stinson 106 1st
Hunter Testa 182 5th

Junior division

Jackson Baglio 120 8th
Tyler Tracy 138 8th
Drew Pepin 145 5th
Gregory Merriman 145 8th
Caleb Beaty 195 3rd

Senior division

Matthew Rowland 120 8th
Luke Kunath 126 4th
JT Richards 132 2nd
David Bell 182 3rd
Carson Floyd 220 2nd
Jamier Ferere HWT 2nd
Levi Andrews HWT 5th

Tuscola high school is looking for a head wrestling coach, at one point the program thrived wining two western regional championships in the early 2000s and late 90s, along with several state champions and placers. Unfortunately, the program has suffered due to lack of commitment from the administration, which I’m sure isn’t out of the ordinary, but with the potential that is coming up from the middle school this coming year it looks like the program could see some success once again depending on the direction the administration decides to go, will they do a legitimate search or just plug someone in like they have done for the past 15+ years. Since coach Atwood retired the coaching position has been a revolving door with no consistency or real commitment, with this being said the position is posted at the haywood county schools website under employment opportunities, spread the word to anyone interested, they would have a conference dual team and tournament championship team coming up from waynesville middle school along with several conference champions, the potential is there for the right coach who is willing to lead these youngsters.

https://nc.teachermatch.org/applyteacherjob.do?jobId=523764

Hope he's in black n white throughout his HS career.
Now way I’m moving from Cleveland,TN to NC. Cleveland has one of the best programs in the state of TN. They beat Foard this year at the Lake Norman Duals.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT