ADVERTISEMENT

NCHSAA WRESTLING THREAD

Robbinsville is young but those young kids have a lot of experience.

Robbinsville finished 3rd behind Pisgah at first and Moresville at second at the Dekoda Smith Invitationals.

Reactions: Appvol
Heard some kids moved from Avery.
Looks like it didn't hurt them much if it was even true

Robbinsville middle girls win 12 of 16 classes vs two GA teams.

Nah, I think Avery takes them. That score doesn't tell the entire story.
5 matches came down to the wire could've went either way. We start a lot of Freshman that will be better later in season. Two wins went to UA that was bad calls. You can watch it on RVille Facebook. Let me know if you do and you think I'm blinded by my black n white shades.
106 and another light weight was very questionable.

I could see a score of
UCA 43
Robbinsville 28
If we wrestled again tomorrow.

Well I don’t normally post on wrestling thread. But thought this would be worthy to post. As South Iredell alumni I seen that the legend Bill Mayhew of South Iredell got his 900th win tonight. Congratulations to Bill Mayhew and the Vikings of South Iredell. When I was in HS they won the 3A State title.

Well I don’t normally post on wrestling thread. But thought this would be worthy to post. As South Iredell alumni I seen that the legend Bill Mayhew of South Iredell got his 900th win tonight. Congratulations to Bill Mayhew and the Vikings of South Iredell. When I was in HS they won the 3A State title.
I can remember when Tyrone Westmoreland wrestled. I was shocked when he got beat in the finals in 1993 after he won states in 1992. 124-3 his 3 losses were in the state finals.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Well BK I see Uwharrie must be pretty good. They might be the team to beat in 1a
They are one of the top teams to beat. They have a few weights where they are a little young but overall from about 132-182 they are as good or better than anyone. Added a 9th grade 145 that looks 17 and he is a hammer.

Not at 182!
Obviously! I am not a fan of them because of the way they can get kids from 25 miles and these counties. Randolph, Chatham, Moore, Davidson, Guilford, Montgomery and Lee counties. The 182 will be a top 4 and nobody will touch that stud from RV at 182 or some of the Avery kids.

They are one of the top teams to beat. They have a few weights where they are a little young but overall from about 132-182 they are as good or better than anyone. Added a 9th grade 145 that looks 17 and he is a hammer.
Yeah that kid looks like he might be a 4 time state champion

Reactions: Wow71
Best I can figure Robbinsville now has the right guys at the correct weight. Should get better each week.

RVille 9-1

W-Rville 57 Roberson 22
W-RVille 66 Cherokee 15
W-RVille 57 Madison 21
W-RVille 78 Franklin 00
W-RVille 47 Cherryville 33
W--RVille 61 Allegahany 18
L-RVille 15 Uwharrie 55
W-RVille 59 Erwin 24
W-RVille 55 Enka 22
W-RVille 48 Roberson 33

Best I can figure Robbinsville now has the right guys at the correct weight. Should get better each week.

RVille 9-1

W-Rville 57 Roberson 22
W-RVille 66 Cherokee 15
W-RVille 57 Madison 21
W-RVille 78 Franklin 00
W-RVille 47 Cherryville 33
W--RVille 61 Allegahany 18
L-RVille 15 Uwharrie 55
W-RVille 59 Erwin 24
W-RVille 55 Enka 22
W-RVille 48 Roberson 33
Avery lost 3 of 4 duals Friday. Avery lost a lot points off last year team BK.

Reactions: BK13T-$
Robbinsville Pisgah at Franklin tonight should tell us alot about Robbinsville.

Tonight will be the first annual
The Mill vs The Ville dual.
🏆 Trophy will be up for grabs.

Robbinsville and Pisgah was tied going into final two weights. Pisgah Got 12 points and won 41-39.
Big Panama got pinned by a little d he bet in the summer. Very close match and we forfeit 220 for some reason. Robbinsville is coming along nicely.

Robbinsville and Pisgah was tied going into final two weights. Pisgah Got 12 points and won 41-39.
Big Panama got pinned by a little d he bet in the summer. Very close match and we forfeit 220 for some reason. Robbinsville is coming along nicely.
Trackwrestling said 41-29.

I think Robbinsville will represent the west.
Next year Robbinsville will be very good.

Avery doesn't look nowhere near as good as the last two seasons.
Told you they lost a lot points of last years team. The kid that moved to Florida finished 3rd in states last year as a Freshman. The 220 that decided not to wrestle finished 3rd in states as a Freshman. Avery didn’t have 3 of their state champions at the tournament today.

Not having 3 is a big deal. I'd say you guys are the front runners then.

Looks like Avery had 12 wrestlers and Robbinsville 10 at FTF and Robbinsville had 8-10 at Madison tournament.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT