ADVERTISEMENT

NCHSAA WRESTLING THREAD

Robbinsville had a black and white match last night.
I assume all kids were Robbinsville kids. One kid I'd never heard of looked really good. He wrestled Jayden. Match was full of offense. He got pinned by Jayden late one the match. I think it was a 2 point match up until then. He probably in a different weight than Jayden
Fun match

Last edited:
Reactions: RealStihl
Mitchell had two buses at Robbinsville last week for the "NOTHING BUT NEUTRAL" tournament. They must have numbers atleast.

Last edited:
Robbinsville had a black and white match last night.
I assume all kids were Robbinsville kids. One kid I'd never heard of looked really good. He wrestled Jayden. Match was full of offense. He got pinned by Jayden late one the match. I think it was a 2 point match up until then. He probably in a different weight than Jayden
Fun match
That is the transfer from Hayesville I bet. He is a funky wrestler. I expect him to jump levels in the Robbinsville room. Should be another state qualifier for them and potential placer.

That is the transfer from Hayesville I bet. He is a funky wrestler. I expect him to jump levels in the Robbinsville room. Should be another state qualifier for them and potential placer.
Did Uwharrie stay in the West with the new realignment. I remember you said something about them maybe staying in the East.

Did Uwharrie stay in the West with the new realignment. I remember you said something about them maybe staying in the East.
They are west but I keep hearing that will be put in the east bracket for state. Big difference in numbers of team with wrestling programs in this alignment east and west.

Reactions: Appvol
They are west but I keep hearing that will be put in the east bracket for state. Big difference in numbers of team with wrestling programs in this alignment east and west.

Uwharrie will be in the East for Duels and Individual Regionals. Added a new state champ transfer also.

Reactions: BK13T-$

Uwharrie will be in the East for Duels and Individual Regionals. Added a new state champ transfer also.
I was expecting them going east for post season. Is Aldo Hernandez the champ you are talking about? He won 3A last year. I am looking for him going 26 or 32 this year. He beat the returning 32 champ from Avery a month ago.
I don't look for them in the same weight at state.

Reactions: Wow71
I was expecting them going east for post season. Is Aldo Hernandez the champ you are talking about? He won 3A last year. I am looking for him going 26 or 32 this year. He beat the returning 32 champ from Avery a month ago.
Correct it is Aldo.

Reactions: SitOut
I would bet you are right. I like to see them get to wrestle again. It was 5-4 win for Hernandez.

I would bet you are right. I like to see them get to wrestle again. It was 5-4 win for Hernandez.
Kids have a way of spreading out now. They all talk on various apps. Still you have the 113, 120, 126, and 132 champs all returning this season. Throw in Hernandez in the mix too. 1a is returning the majority of the spring season champs. The only graduates was 106, 138, 145, and 170.

3a looks crazy good this year. With the new alignment, Foard and CATA got bumped up into 3a.

I'd rather win the dual.
Duals are fun for the community and causal fan. There is usually a lot of excitement in a close one. Have to follow the sport more and understand the individual match ups to get into the state tournament. The casual fan doesn't get it sometimes. Typical see the best matches at the state tournament. In a dual the best usually get bumped away to score team points.

Kids have a way of spreading out now. They all talk on various apps. Still you have the 113, 120, 126, and 132 champs all returning this season. Throw in Hernandez in the mix too. 1a is returning the majority of the spring season champs. The only graduates was 106, 138, 145, and 170.
170 might have a state champion at that weight class depending at what weight Blackledge goes.

We didn't have to wait long. Avery and Robbinsville both are on the list for the Dekota Smith Invitational this coming Saturday.

Reactions: wncbowhunter
We didn't have to wait long. Avery and Robbinsville both are on the list for the Dekota Smith Invitational this coming Saturday.
Will Williams wrestle after playing his football game Friday night. If so that’s pretty awesome.

Will Williams wrestle after playing his football game Friday night. If so that’s pretty awesome.
I haven’t heard but if Robbinsville doesn’t wrestle their football players than it won’t be the same. 95, 220, and HWT all will be playing Friday night.

I'm sure Williams will wrestle.
Will he play football Friday night be a better question.
I'd say he does both and wins.

Schools allow a student to play football on Friday and wrestle on Saturday? How does that work if the football team wins? Must be a local LEA thing. Curious.

Well 1a sports you better be prepared to share athletes. You only have so many. Last thing you want to do is make a kid choose. You might not like their decision.

Reactions: Mbulld and Wow71
Well 1a sports you better be prepared to share athletes. You only have so many. Last thing you want to do is make a kid choose. You might not like their decision.
I agree but some football coaches or LEA's do not allow that type of thing. Small schools really are impacted by sharing or not sharing for sure.

The good football schools get hurt early on in all winter sports. Probably hurts 1A the most. Lots of teams have dual meets next week and all their big guys are on the football team.

I think you can wrestle and play football.

We have a match tonight

I don't know were this guy is getting his information. I'm sure the football kids will wrestle tonight. Saturday not sure?

Last edited:
Its probably up to the local establishment. I am sure coaches don't like the idea but they won't tell Williams no if he wants to. They know he is a wrestler that just happens to play football.

Now I don't agree with missing football practice if you are on the team but I don't have a issue with a kid going to a match after. No big deal to go wrestle for 6 minutes for you wrestling team if they need you.

If Aldo goes 132 what weight will Shell go?
No clue like to see them wrestle again. Shell wrestled 145 last night. I would guess 138.Avery has 24 kids on the team. I guess Nowell goes 126 then.

No clue like to see them wrestle again. Shell wrestled 145 last night. I would guess 138.Avery has 24 kids on the team. I guess Nowell goes 126 then.
I think all of Avery will go down 1 weight class from what they wrestled last night. i expect Shell at 38 and Nowell at 26. Grant Reese will probably be at 32 against Aldo. We might get to see Fink and Blackledge Saturday at 82 before Seth moves on down to 70.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT