ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2023 - another solid season

Who are the top 2025 prospects in the conference? Anyone going D1 in football?

Willis???
Flyrod, I have seen on social media where our left tackle, Khavijae Nixon has received an offer from Lenoir Rhyne. Looks as if he is drawing interest from a handful of Division One programs. I saw where a coach posted that he had visited Liberty University.

Ramsuer all three, Jenkins more speed and moves.

Willis will get more attention if the rumors are true, and he is at Hickory next year!!
I don't think it's happening I could be wrong but last word I got was his GF said he's staying at Bunker Hill. Now granted that could be a misdirection to get attention off of him. I do know there was some back door channels opened up between the two parties

I wonder if any Fred t Foard tigers 🐅 ever get any college recognition for football players 🤔

I don't think it's happening I could be wrong but last word I got was his GF said he's staying at Bunker Hill. Now granted that could be a misdirection to get attention off of him. I do know there was some back door channels opened up between the two parties
You could be right!!

Some foard kids get recruited when they leave to go to another school.

Honest question, how did the big lineman get to Lincolnton? Does he have family there?

• Haha
Reactions: amaidendevil
Some foard kids get recruited when they leave to go to another school.

Honest question, how did the big lineman get to Lincolnton? Does he have family there?
It is to my understanding that his father played at Lincolnton and his mother lives in Lincolnton.

Reactions: flyrod5518
AMD, I believe that no one loves their team more than you, and you'd do most anything to help them, but to many of us it looks like you're trying to divert suspicion. A wink and a nod and playing at words doesn't fool anybody. You're not helping your team, here.

AMD, I believe that no one loves their team more than you, and you'd do most anything to help them, but to many of us it looks like you're trying to divert suspicion. A wink and a nod and playing at words doesn't fool anybody. You're not helping your team, here.
I'm personally not the biggest fan of senior transfers. Now give me a sophomore junior yeah. So I don't know why you think I'm suspicious 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: beamer24
One day, I read the NCHSAA rule on recruiting, number 6 under eligibility (I put the link on here) and I couldn't believe how broad it is.
For the last eon I "lived" in an environment where the parsing and twisting of words is the normal. Such a place is nearly guaranteed to create a cynic, and probably because of some comments I imagined how someone could get themselves into a situation by wanting to help.

Side note: As far as us, if we have done something against the rules then let us pay the price, but that's not going to happen. Besides we haven't had enough success in the last several years to draw attention.

Side note: if this post seems nebulas it's meant to. Just trying to help.

Last edited:
Reactions: CHEERDUCK
One day, I read the NCHSAA rule on recruiting, number 6 under eligibility (I put the link on here) and I couldn't believe how broad it is.
For the last ion I "lived" in an environment where the parsing and twisting of words is the normal. Such a place is nearly guaranteed to create a cynic, and probably because of some comments I imagined how someone could get themselves into a situation by wanting to help.

Side note: As far as us, if we have done something against the rules then let us pay the price, but that's not going to happen. Besides we haven't had enough success in the last several years to draw attention.

Side note: if this post seems nebulas it's meant to. Just trying to help.

Lol that's a lot reading 😂. From my understanding the nchsaa doesn't really get involved in student participation they leave that up to the individual school boards and counties to determine.

Believe what you will, but a rule like that could be set in motion easily. There's jealousy over athletic success.

And honestly the nchsaa couldn't really police it anyway just for a simple fact that every county has different rules and policies from the counties with open enrollment to even Lincoln County that allows one transfer in high school.

That's why I believe local elections are so important getting the right people on the school boards and County boards can make a huge difference in everyone's lives and unlike national elections that really don't have much impact on day to day living. I personally send emails or ask questions of people running for office to see if it benefits my life or not 🤣

And honestly the nchsaa couldn't really police it anyway just for a simple fact that every county has different rules and policies from the counties with open enrollment to even Lincoln County that allows one transfer in high school.
You're wrong about that. You should look at the wording on this rule. An angry coach, administrator or school board member could cause someone a lot of grief.

You're wrong about that. You should look at the wording on this rule. An angry coach, administrator or school board member could cause someone a lot of grief.
Lol we know all about angry people 🤣. That why we do everything by the book and cross our T's and Dot our i's. That's why we don't go into grey areas because people always wanna think we are doing things wrong, when we don't. Look at Reidsville they brought in I believe 4-5 star football players in over the summer. nchsaa?? Crickets. Nchsaa is walking on eggshells at the moment since at any moment they upset the wrong person the state could neuter or even euthanize them at any moment.

And I used an inappropriate word above. I said transfers but we don't do transfers. What was meant to be expressed is, if a sophomore or junior athlete moves to Maiden I'd much more love that than when a senior athlete moves to Maiden

If anybody does something contrary to rules, laws or any other code, or even if they just toe the line, it normally comes back to haunt them.
This is my prediction and it's only a prediction. I'd say within the next 2 years give or take the nchsaa will be state run. There's a bill currently sitting in the state House to allow open enrollment through out the state. I figure it passes at some point. And we will at least put everyone on an equal playing field with rules. Lincoln County already has an advantage with allowing one transfer in high school. I mean y'all's receiver Khalil Yarborough transferred from North Lincoln which followed the rules. Let's just get everybody on the same set of rules and we will be good

Since all politics are local it's hard to imagine how the legislature could administer high school sports fairly. I don't think open enrollment would put us all on an equal footing either.

Since all politics are local it's hard to imagine how the legislature could administer high school sports fairly. I don't think open enrollment would put us all on an equal footing either.
It would put the rules on equal footing. I mean if we're being honest how's it fair rule-wise being in the same conference with y'all teams in Lincoln County when y'all have one transfer but Catawba County doesn't.

Let's even look outside of this conference if you go back and read through the Cleveland County. There's a mention in there of a Shelby kid who left before last year's season to play football at Crest and now before this year's even over with he's back at Shelby again

This is a local rule and has nothing to do with Lincoln or Cleveland County or fairness, and Catawba County will allow transfers under certain circumstances. As far as football it doesn't seem to be a setback for Maiden, you beat us again, last season. Course, I forgot about the stumble at West Lincoln. If our so-called rule of one transfer effects anyone negatively it's us. There you go with the diversion thing again.

Reactions: Wolf4Lyfe
This is a local rule and has nothing to do with Lincoln or Cleveland County or fairness, and Catawba County will allow transfers under certain circumstances. As far as football it doesn't seem to be a setback for Maiden, you beat us again, last season. Course, I forgot about the stumble at West Lincoln. If our so-called rule of one transfer effects anyone negatively it's us. There you go with the diversion thing again.
The only way u will get approval from Catawba County is before kid starts high school. If a kid moves it not a transfer it's just life circumstances. I was told by people in admin of Catawba county that a student can transfer is one school offers a program another school doesn't but that student probably wouldn't be eligible for athletics. There is only one other loophole I know of but not gonna advertise it on here 🤣. And ur statement of "this is a local rule" the whole meaning of that is it effects how "business" is done in these territories 🤣. My niece moved in with me and started attending maiden middle school, I had to go sign an affidavit saying this was not happening for athletic purposes. I'd say the biggest benefit of the rule has come to y'all at lincolnton and east Lincoln. Now granted when Lincoln charter gets fully going they are gonna blow that out of the water. I'm not trashing y'all on this it's allowed and y'all should use everything y'all are allowed, just saying I'd like to be able to play by the same rules in the same game instead of winning by playing from behind.

The only way u will get approval from Catawba County is before kid starts high school. If a kid moves it not a transfer it's just life circumstances. I was told by people in admin of Catawba county that a student can transfer is one school offers a program another school doesn't but that student probably wouldn't be eligible for athletics. There is only one other loophole I know of but not gonna advertise it on here 🤣. And ur statement of "this is a local rule" the whole meaning of that is it effects how "business" is done in these territories 🤣. My niece moved in with me and started attending maiden middle school, I had to go sign an affidavit saying this was not happening for athletic purposes. I'd say the biggest benefit of the rule has come to y'all at lincolnton and east Lincoln. Now granted when Lincoln charter gets fully going they are gonna blow that out of the water. I'm not trashing y'all on this it's allowed and y'all should use everything y'all are allowed, just saying I'd like to be able to play by the same rules in the same game instead of winning by playing from behind.
I would argue through the years it has hurt us more than it has helped. As for LC, it will hurt East, North, and Bandys a lot more than it will Lincolnton and West Lincoln.

Maiden seems to have had no problems with it. Ask fans from other Catawba County schools, and elsewhere. Why is it this policy got enacted or is being so strictly enforced, if it actually is. 😯

Reactions: Wolf4Lyfe
Maiden seems to have had no problems with it. Ask fans from other Catawba County schools, and elsewhere. Why is it this policy got enacted or is being so strictly enforced, if it actually is. 😯
If I assume correctly about the athletes ur vaguely referring too. None of them were transfers or applied for transfers. To my knowledge we have not had or currently have any transfers on our team in recent history. The kids people like to refer to all had certain circumstances or events in their families lives that lead to the moving to our charming, beautiful small town that people fall in love with. People move every day just a fact of life. And as far as the policy I'd say probably because of uninformed people spreading rumors that they think they know but don't.

I talk to his dad several times matter fact saw him today at Walmart and from my understanding they were living in the maiden school district. U gotta keep in mind that maiden school district is a funky shape so area u may think aren't Maiden actually are. His dad being a superintendent at Newton city schools at one point and principal at Fred t Foard at one point he definitely knows and would follow guidelines

Well of course I don't know addresses or have I doxed any of these families. These are just my understandings through network of conversations some could be first-hand some could be second hand

If I assume correctly about the athletes ur vaguely referring too. None of them were transfers or applied for transfers. To my knowledge we have not had or currently have any transfers on our team in recent history. The kids people like to refer to all had certain circumstances or events in their families lives that lead to the moving to our charming, beautiful small town that people fall in love with. People move every day just a fact of life. And as far as the policy I'd say probably because of uninformed people spreading rumors that they think they know but don't.
☝️GMAB
My friend, I know you have a good mind and honestly believe you'd be a great coach and you hear things we don't, but we hear things you don't, also; and that does not mean it's true, but for the life of me I can't understand why you would keep raising the issue of recruiting and transfers, then end up trying to explain away insinuations that are made after you had insinuated that other teams recruit.

Wish there was something else to talk about but if recruiting and transfers are on your mind then we'll talk about it. It's just that I feel like I run the risk of offending you and other Maiden posters with some of the things I say, and I do not want that to happen. I'd rather encourage you or at least argue with you about other issues.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT