ADVERTISEMENT

NCHSAA WRESTLING THREAD

Seeding doesn’t matter in the 3rd and 4th rounds. It goes to most central school. They basically add up the total miles for the 3 traveling schools. Whichever equation works to the smallest milage gets to host. I was told it was Swain by about 5 miles. It’s always Avery or Swain depending on who the 4th team is. Robbinsville never gets to host.
That stinks though.

Reactions: BK13T-$
I would rather see it all done over the weekend. Make a big deal out of the whole dual tournament. Wrestle rounds 1 and 2 on Friday evening. Wrestle 3 and 4 on Saturday morning with the finals Saturday night. A lot of states are like this. Its better for the sport. This way you could even do a consolation side of the bracket and place the 3rd and 4th teams.

That might be cool sitout.
I would like to see Swain and MA battle for third. I think they are evenly matched.

Robbinsville would only host if Andrews, Murphy or Hayesville makes the 3rd)4th rounds. Those are the only teams west of us. I think it happens a few years ago but not sure.

If Swain would of lost it would've been in Avery I think.

Reactions: RealStihl
No way Nowell would go up in a dual situation with no guarantee on a match with Shell. Now I could see Williams going 220 to guarantee wins at 95 and 220. Biggest matches 06, 20, 45, and 52. All the other weights are for the most part locked in.
Might Nowell be going to 126 tonight. That would be Odom surprise for tonight.

Might Nowell be going to 126 tonight. That would be Odom surprise for tonight.
Maybe depending on weight plan and if he was going 26 at regionals. That call would have had to been made weeks ago with descent plans.

Here is my dual score.

106 – 3 – R
113 – 6 – A
120 – 3 – A
126 – 6 – A
132 – 6 – R
138 – 6 – A
145 – 3 – R
152 – 3 – A
160 – 4 – A
170 – 6 – A
182 – 6 – R
195 – 6 – R
220 – 3 – R
HWT – 6 – A

Avery – 40
Robbinsville – 27

Maybe depending on weight plan and if he was going 26 at regionals. That call would have had to been made weeks ago with descent plans.

Here is my dual score.

106 – 3 – R
113 – 6 – A
120 – 3 – A
126 – 6 – A
132 – 6 – R
138 – 6 – A
145 – 3 – R
152 – 3 – A
160 – 4 – A
170 – 6 – A
182 – 6 – R
195 – 6 – R
220 – 3 – R
HWT – 6 – A

Avery – 40
Robbinsville – 27
I like Avery at 106. He isn’t your typical Freshmen.The 220 match will be the best one to watch.

Here is my dual score.

106 – 3 – R
113 – 6 – A
120 – 3 – A
126 – 6 – A
132 – 6 – R
138 – 6 – A
145 – 3 – R
152 – 3 – A
160 – 4 – A
170 – 6 – A
182 – 6 – R
195 – 6 – R
220 – 3 – R
HWT – 6 – A

Avery – 40
Robbinsville – 27
And you can’t sleep on Fink. She is a really good wrestler.

Robbinsville crushed Swain.

We forfeited 3 or 4 matches to make it look closer but it wasn't.

Robbinsville vs Avery for the 1a state title

Here is my dual score

Avery – 40
Robbinsville – 27

My pick
103-3-R
113-6-A
120-3-R
126-6-R
132-3-A
138-6-A
145-3-R
152-3-R
160-6-A
170-6-A
182-6-R
195-6-R
220-5-R
285-6-A
R-35
A-33

Congratulations to Avery and Robbinsville! So this was the 1A state duals championship? How do they do the state individual state championship? Qualify at a regional and then go to state?

Congratulations to Avery and Robbinsville! So this was the 1A state duals championship? How do they do the state individual state championship? Qualify at a regional and then go to state?
No Avery wrestles the East winner Saturday for the Daul Championship. Regionals are next weekend then individual states.

BK do you all have any wrestlers favored to win their weight class at the state individual championships?
They have several. Robbinsville has probably the best wrestler in the state any classification. Had a chance to go wrestle at some out of state private schools but stayed at Robbinsville. He is a sophomore.

I am going to say Robbinsville will win 26, 82, 95 for sure. I am assuming Nowell will stay down at 26. These are their studs. They have a good shot at 106, and 220 also.

Avery has 13, 38, and Hwt on lock down. They will have a say at 106, 45, 52, 60, and 70 being heavy favorites in some. Not sure about Reese from Avery, he has his hands full at 26 or 32 but should make the finals at either.

After Regionals I will give my projection on each weight class winner.

Team Wise for next year:
Both teams lose several studs but I would pick Avery right now for next year. They have more fire power coming back. They also have 3 freshman in the lineup with a 4th that got a lot of matches. Robbinsville has no freshman close to the same level as those Avery ones.

Reactions: RealStihl and Wow71
I am going to say Robbinsville will win 26, 82, 95 for sure. I am assuming Nowell will stay down at 26. These are their studs. They have a good shot at 106, and 220 also.

Avery has 13, 38, and Hwt on lock down. They will have a say at 106, 45, 52, 60, and 70 being heavy favorites in some. Not sure about Reese from Avery, he has his hands full at 26 or 32 but should make the finals at either.

After Regionals I will give my projection on each weight class winner.

Team Wise for next year:
Both teams lose several studs but I would pick Avery right now for next year. They have more fire power coming back. They also have 3 freshman in the lineup with a 4th that got a lot of matches. Robbinsville has no freshman close to the same level as those Avery ones.
I really appreciate that!! Really interesting and thanks for the info. Is the wrestler Appvol mentioned from Robbinsville the 82 or 95 weight class?

They have several. Robbinsville has probably the best wrestler in the state any classification. Had a chance to go wrestle at some out of state private schools but stayed at Robbinsville. He is a sophomore.
Thanks for the info. I have really enjoyed this thread. That is a heck of an honor to be placed on a young man! Possibly the Best wrestler in the state no matter the classifications!! That is awesome and what an achievement to come from a small school too!!! What weight is he so I can keep watching for him and pulling for him to win a title!! Also here in WV it’s a big deal for the kids if they are a multiple year winner of a state title. Will any of the wrestlers from Robbinsville be defending one of going for multiple ones?

Thanks for the info. I have really enjoyed this thread. That is a heck of an honor to be placed on a young man! Possibly the Best wrestler in the state no matter the classifications!! That is awesome and what an achievement to come from a small school too!!! What weight is he so I can keep watching for him and pulling for him to win a title!! Also here in WV it’s a big deal for the kids if they are a multiple year winner of a state title. Will any of the wrestlers from Robbinsville be defending one of going for multiple ones?
I will @SitOut tell you about the Robbinsville kid. If Avery Heavyweight wins it at individuals in a couple of weeks he will be a 4 time state champion. It will be Avery’s 2nd 4 time state champion.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT