ADVERTISEMENT

Mountain Six (Week 4)

PBBear51

Sep 14, 2017
Canton, North Carolina
Now that we (Pisgah) have apparently either revived or resusatated some Bearcat fans now, I would expect our thread to become more lively, that is unless those fans are a one hit wonder...?
Week three in the M6 was action packed to say the least and caused some major shakeup with it. This week we find one team (Brevard) leading the pack in front at 3-0 in conference play.
Three teams (Franklin, Hendersonville, and Pisgah) sharing second place at 2-1. And two teams (Smoky and East) sharing the bottom with 0-3 records in conference play.
There will be lots to talk about this week as things are getting interesting and as the end is so prematurely near and positioning is heating up within a closely contested confrence. Gotta let them play out to know how this confrence will land.

Pisgah (4-1), (2-1) @ Franklin (3-2), (2-1).

Hendersonville (3-2), (2-1) @ Brevard (4-1), (3-0).

East Hendo (0-5), (0-3) @ Smoky Mountain (1-4), (0-3).

If I'm not mistaken we have only beat Franklin at Franklin one time in the last several years.Hope we can make it two in a row .
Bears by 7
Have to pull for Brevard by three
Smoky will win big.

Brevard's offense has looked better each week. It was pretty rough the first two weeks but they're playing well now.

Now that we (Pisgah) have apparently either revived or resusatated some Bearcat fans now, I would expect our thread to become more lively, that is unless those fans are a one hit wonder...?
Week three in the M6 was action packed to say the least and caused some major shakeup with it. This week we find one team (Brevard) leading the pack in front at 3-0 in conference play.
Three teams (Franklin, Hendersonville, and Pisgah) sharing second place at 2-1. And two teams (Smoky and East) sharing the bottom with 0-3 records in conference play.
There will be lots to talk about this week as things are getting interesting and as the end is so prematurely near and positioning is heating up within a closely contested confrence. Gotta let them play out to know how this confrence will land.

Pisgah (4-1), (2-1) @ Franklin (3-2), (2-1).

Hendersonville (3-2), (2-1) @ Brevard (4-1), (3-0).

East Hendo (0-5), (0-3) @ Smoky Mountain (1-4), (0-3).
You seem upset smh. Nobody was revived smh. Moving on....

You seem upset smh. Nobody was revived smh.
Not upset, Hendersonville played a heck of a ballgame, and I stand by my statement, that's probably the best game they will play the rest of the season, they deserved that win.
Well something dragged you Bearcats fans out of the woodwork all of the sudden..? Heck I'm glad y'all are here now and as you say, "moving on" now.

What the bears better hope is that they actually start throwing some passes.(do not count the east game.) And spreading it out when the other team puts 8 in the box. Were not blocking them all. Hendersonville lb's were clean to play all night.We gotta have backs that block when they aren't running the ball. We're easy to read and figure out. Don't think for a second Brooks won't stack up the line and force the throw which we haven't proved that we can have any success with. Defensively were hanging tough. That's where we've hung our hat. Even my wife said why do they run the same thing over and over for the last 3 years. Easy to read and figure out. Look for a closer game than you boys think at Franklin. Franklin would like nothing better than to throw a second loss on us. Brevard is a close close game the next week as well.

Look for a closer game than you boys think at Franklin.
I've got this one Pisgah by 2. Like Big Bear and me were talking Saturday, Franklin has already got 7 points on the board and we aint started the week off yet. You can bet your farm when they sat in Santa's lap last Christmas they told him all they wanted for Christmas was to beat the Bears!

Brevard by 17.
Hendo played with everything they had last Friday and did well but Brevard was watching and they will be ready for Hendersonville.

Smoky by at least 32.
Finally some stress relief for the Mustangs.

I've got this one Pisgah by 2. Like Big Bear and me were talking Saturday, Franklin has already got 7 points on the board and we aint started the week off yet. You can bet your farm when they sat in Santa's lap last Christmas they told him all they wanted for Christmas was to beat the Bears!

Brevard by 17.
Hendo played with everything they had last Friday and did well but Brevard was watching and they will be ready for Hendersonville.

Smoky by at least 32.

I like the confidence in Brevard but they are not 17 points better than Hendo. Sure they could win by that amount but Hendo could also win by 17 plus. This game is a true coin flip in my opinion. Brevard’s offense is starting to show significant life. It has been a pretty balanced attack and Hendersonville can be flat out scary on offense with the weapons and athletes that have. I think this game comes down to the defenses and this is where I will give Brevard the “ever so slight” advantage. Since Craig has taken over at Brevard their defenses have been good to sometimes scary good. It will be a very good game in Brevard on Friday Night.

Reactions: PBBear51
What "drug" me out was the predictions some of your fans had. You would have thought that we didn't stand a chance according to some of your fans on here. No other fan base has done that. Some of your fans even said Hendersonville probably wouldn't score. So there is the answer to your question. It probably should have been worse. Our qb missed 3 or 4 receivers for touchdowns where our guys had gotten way behind your secondary. It is what it is. I am moving on. If there is no crazy chatter about what will happen then I won't comment 😊
Welcome to canton!! Thats just how we roll...Its us vs the world baby!!

• Haha

Brevard by 17.

Smoky by at least 32.
Professors of Pisgah football. The pit is quieter now. They watch it on Franklin sports network. The refs are what they are. IF we win out and IF we wildcard into playoff spot we'll hit a team like Hendersonville and be 1 and done. We have not proved a thing on offense. Penalties/ turnovers helped us score at Mt Airy. Tuscola can't get out of their own way. Smoky had our number..Also to the poster above that said it should have been worse with Hendersonville .He's absolutely correct. They were behind us and could have walked in if they had the ball thrown their way. Thankfully their qb didn't see the wide open receivers. We are not a offensive powerhouse.

Hendersonville score could have been worse? Pisgah's D line didn't have anything to do with Hendersonville's qb missing on wide open receivers? Maybe they may have scored but hard to throw deep while running from certain death. Maybe the Pisgah D line should have stood still so he could have connected with those passes, so the score "could've been worse". Movin on
Been since 2018 since the Bears have been to The Pit, strange to say the least.
All I can say is I certainly hope Coach Lombardi has our Packers ready!

• Haha
You boys looking thru rose colored glasses. Hendersonville d line pushed our o line back all night. We're a one diminsional team. No pass. Same few run plays.

Hendersonville score could have been worse? Pisgah's D line didn't have anything to do with Hendersonville's qb missing on wide open receivers? Maybe they may have scored but hard to throw deep while running from certain death. Maybe the Pisgah D line should have stood still so he could have connected with those passes, so the score "could've been worse". Movin on
Been since 2018 since the Bears have been to The Pit, strange to say the least.
All I can say is I certainly hope Coach Lombardi has our Packers ready!
Qb wasn't under much duress at all..he just missed. The one time he was under duress...he left the pocket and threw a strike for a td...lol

Hendersonville is the one team that your wasting time trying to figure out from week to week. When I pick the Bearcats they lose ,if I pick against them they win. I think the Bearcats have the talent to be really good if they can find some consistently.
If I were coach at Hendersonville all I would consent rate on is the offensive line the rest of the team would fall in place , aways got the skill positions covered..

lets get back to predictions

The boys at East seem to have checked out coaches included, mustangs take out their frustrations. Smoky by 28

Brevard at home and can see a conference championship in their future, Hendersonville still riding the high from last weeks victory, Brevard by 10

Take away the Mt Airy W and Pisgah's other 3 wins are against teams with a combined 2 victories. Never easy to get a win in "the pit" Panthers by 6

Smoky by a lot
Brevard by a little, although I'm pulling for it to go the other way
I'm going to be a homer and say Franklin in a nail biter

Smoky romps!

Pisgah takes out some frustration on Franklin....hope I'm wrong.

Hendo squeaks by Brevard in the Mnt 6 game of the week.

I'm not a professor of football, of course neither are you but Pisgah won't wildcard into the playoffs. That draw will go to one of the bigger conferences east of here, probably the Southwestern 2A.
Only one way to get in the playoffs is Bears win next two games and Brevard beats Hendersonville.That's it.Will it happen ,I have no idea but time will tell.

Only one way to get in the playoffs is Bears win next two games and Brevard beats Hendersonville.That's it.Will it happen ,I have no idea but time will tell.
If we win out and Hendersonville wins out that would make our records both 4-1.. since hendersonville would play in the 2a playoffs and we would play in 2aa... There is.. in fact.. a chance that would help us get in.. don't count us out yet

What the bears better hope is that they actually start throwing some passes.(do not count the east game.) And spreading it out when the other team puts 8 in the box. Were not blocking them all. Hendersonville lb's were clean to play all night.We gotta have backs that block when they aren't running the ball. We're easy to read and figure out. Don't think for a second Brooks won't stack up the line and force the throw which we haven't proved that we can have any success with. Defensively were hanging tough. That's where we've hung our hat. Even my wife said why do they run the same thing over and over for the last 3 years. Easy to read and figure out. Look for a closer game than you boys think at Franklin. Franklin would like nothing better than to throw a second loss on us. Brevard is a close close game the next week as well.
Don't like what you see..stay at home! You wanna coach.. I can get you an interview!! Those kids are playing there butts off doing what the coaches asked them.to do... I bet you were the one giving advice from the stands last Friday about something you obviously don't know a d@$m thing about. Show up and shut up and support or leave a message and we'll get that interview set up!

If we win out and Hendersonville wins out that would make our records both 4-1.. since hendersonville would play in the 2a playoffs and we would play in 2aa... There is.. in fact.. a chance that would help us get in.. don't count us out yet
I thought it was just 2a playoffs....no splits

The playoffs are split this year, but the split happens once everyone qualifies for the playoffs. It won't make a difference what size the schools involved are, only one team from the M6 is making the playoffs.

Pisgah wins big tonight but so did Hendersonville.Gives Hendersonville the only playoff spot in the Mountain Six.

Pisgah wins big tonight but so did Hendersonville.Gives Hendersonville the only playoff spot in the Mountain Six.
Was Hendersonville not small 2a last playoffs. Hendersonville and Brevard are both small 2a and the rest of the conference is big 2a. The 2a 2aa stuff ends in August.

I guess all that's left is to beat Brevard and pray to the football gods Pisgah gets in. Not ready for it to be over just yet.

I guess all that's left is to beat Brevard and pray to the football gods Pisgah gets in. Not ready for it to be over just yet.
The chances our conference gets 2 teams in playoffs is pretty much slim to none. Not impossible but very unlikely

Two things for sure .Next Thursday the Pisgah jv's can win conference championship and Friday the Varsity can win a share ofthe conference championship.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Two things for sure .Next Thursday the Pisgah jv's can win conference championship and Friday the Varsity can win a share ofthe conference championship.
But you guys will be in canton, when the Bearcats are in the playoffs. Cant believe pisgah with 3a numbers cant win that weak league. As much as Canton loves football cant believe the fans dont want change at the top.

Last edited:
Reactions: 91ths
But you guys will be in canton, when the Bearcats are in the playoffs. Cant believe pisgah with 3a numbers cant win that weak league. As much as Canton loves football cant believe the fans dont want change at the top.
Lol, you're going to need a bigger stick then that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT