ADVERTISEMENT

Mitchell @ Mount Airy 11/26/21 4th Round

Dem confounded confusers saying we going to lose. I’m glad we still do our figuring on paper. We fixing to bring the wood to you
You are going to think y'all disturbed a hornet's nest tonight. As REWhitley said, the BEARS can only beat themselves with mistakes. They have the team, the speed, the skill and they have Adkins & Holder, I don't know the other coaches.

coaching and winning in the big games does separate the average or good coaches. You have to win some games when you are the underdog. I live near both these games and trying to decide which one to attend. Pulling for both local teams to pull off wins tonight. Mitchell is going to be a tough team for the Bears to play but they are at home. I think Adkins will be fine at My Airy and sometimes you have to have some luck. Upchurch seemed to have some luck go his way in big games.

Last edited:
Well I'm irritated looking more like I won't be going to the game legs mainly left one as always isn't cooperating today using cane just to get around the apartment unless big improvement in next few hours just don't believe I can walk and carry stuff and sit in stands tonight.
I probably will set home and take it on on the Radio pre-game starts @ 7;00 and the game @ 7:30 WPAQ FM 106.7 http://wpaq740.com and post the scores on NCPreps unless someone wants to do it, if so that's fine. I will be posting on MaxPreps. I have been for about the last 5 games but some things yet to figure out.
I just can't take those 30s temperatures. LOL

I probably will set home and take it on on the Radio pre-game starts @ 7;00 and the game @ 7:30 WPAQ FM 106.7 http://wpaq740.com and post the scores on NCPreps unless someone wants to do it, if so that's fine. I will be posting on MaxPreps. I have been for about the last 5 games but some things yet to figure out.
I just can't take those 30s temperatures. LOL
Well at least I can watch it on TV it supposed to be on NFHS. Plus I can check on the NC State Wolfpack and that baby blue team playing tonight.

Bus rolling guys, heard they found the last Bear that was camping out up here, strapped him to the roof bringing him back to you lol GO MOUNTAINEERS BRING IT BACK ONE MORE TIME!
Stay safe !
I heard there were several herds of deer seen headed back to the hills around Bakersville to dodge a bunch of deer hunters headed this way but they were staying away from the highways. :D :D ;)

Stay safe !
I heard there were several herds of deer seen headed back to the hills around Bakersville to dodge a bunch of deer hunters headed this way but they were staying away from the highways. :D :D ;)
I'll tell you Brown Trout are smarter than deer, I ain't never seen one flopping on the yellow line lmao Go Mountaineers

• WXII 12 Friday Night Weather
  • 7 PM Clear 37°F Feels like 33°F Chance of precip 0%
  • 8 PM Clear 35°F Feels like 32°F Chance of precip 0%
  • 9 PM Winds Relax, Near Freezing Temps 34°F Feels like 32°F
    Chance of precip 0%
  • 10 PM Clear 32°F Feels like 29°F Chance of precip 0%
I just checked WXII 12 weather and it has not changed so far. The Weather.com is calling for 6 to 7 mph wind and a 1-degree difference in the Temp.

Hahaha. My family is from that area.. all my uncles ( JD , Newell , Wade ) all buried at Red Marble. Daddy is buried at Bear Creek Heck we’re related I think
Red Marble eh. I went to church there for a long time before moving to Robbinsville

I am sorry, this last post is just funny. I have no doubt that every Mitchell County fan, player and coach will come away Friday saying they just playEd the most athletic and fastest team they saw this year, win or lose.
You think Mount Airy is more athletic and has more speed than Statesville? That might be one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read on NCPreps.

Mount Airy has plenty of great athletes, always have. But people like you still overestimate the athleticism ya'll have, always have. Just because it's more than 1A mountain teams and more than the teams in your area doesnt mean it's on the level of 1A eastern teams like Tarboro or 1A piedmont schools like North Rowan, Thomasville, Eastern Randolph, etc.

You think Mount Airy is more athletic and has more speed than Statesville? That might be one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read on NCPreps.

Mount Airy has plenty of great athletes, always have. But people like you still overestimate the athleticism ya'll have, always have. Just because it's more than 1A mountain teams and more than the teams in your area doesnt mean it's on the level of 1A eastern teams like Tarboro or 1A piedmont schools like North Rowan, Thomasville, Eastern Randolph, etc.
Y'all played Statesville in spring good greif both are different teams now . Y'all did have seniors?

Hahaha. My family is from that area.. all my uncles ( JD , Newell , Wade ) all buried at Red Marble. Daddy is buried at Bear Creek Heck we’re related I think
My dad was raised in Robbinsville on Franks Creek. I have cousins over there namely the RHS Principal. Lord I knew all those men and JD and his family were like my family. We never know who we are talking to on here but I have figured out a few from different schools.

Y'all played Statesville in spring good greif both are different teams now . Y'all did have seniors?
He said this year, he didn't say this season and even if he meant this season I still dont agree with his statement.

You've been pretty alright in this one buzz but that RE Whitley guy is on one, he said a few posts back that "someone" told him the only way Mount Airy loses in the playoffs is if they beat themselves and that they will win this game by 4 plus touchdowns. Even if it were true, why say it? it's beyond arrogant.

He said this year, he didn't say this season and even if he meant this season I still dont agree with his statement.

You've been pretty alright in this one buzz but that RE Whitley guy is on one, he said a few posts back that "someone" told him the only way Mount Airy loses in the playoffs is if they beat themselves and that they will win this game by 4 plus touchdowns. Even if it were true, why say it? it's beyond arrogant.
Don't know who told him that but even I say that was overdoing it. I say Bears win but not by 4+ TDs... Of course, we all think our teams are the best.

Whew idk if I'm gonna get to make the trip or not. Apple butter is just now coming off the fire...
How I love apple butter but never had homemade that I remember. Someone used to set up at our 2nd weekend in October our Autumn Leaves Festival and made apple butter in a round-bottomed around 20-gallon tub over an open flame. Always smelled great and I may have bought some of that. The festival started around 1964 and after a few years he showed up but I have not seen him in a few years. Of course, after going for many years I may make it once every few years. It draws over 100 to 125,000 people every year. Didn't have it in 2020 but back this fall. I get the store-bought White House brand.

How I love apple butter but never had homemade that I remember. Someone used to set up at our 2nd weekend in October our Autumn Leaves Festival and made apple butter in a round-bottomed around 20-gallon tub over an open flame. Always smelled great and I may have bought some of that. The festival started around 1964 and after a few years he showed up but I have not seen him in a few years. Of course, after going for many years I may make it once every few years. It draws over 100 to 125,000 people every year. Didn't have it in 2020 but back this fall. I get the store-bought White House brand.
We make it every year, just a little late this year. 4 bushels, ended up with 31 quarts.

As far as answering the question yes Mitchell had seniors especially some good receivers but the QB was just a sophomore and I believe is a better QB now then in the spring, but not a huge difference in the two teams but yes different team as I assume Statesville is.
As far as "Y'all" in the sentence probably should have been "They" or "Mitchell" since the person you're reponding to is a Murphy fan.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT