ADVERTISEMENT

Mitchell @ Mount Airy 11/26/21 4th Round

TD-FridayNight

Oct 28, 2015
Mayberry - RFD,NC
This should be a good game next Friday. Mitchell played a great game tonight.
Now, how bad do y'all want to put the Bears down this week?
That's all we heard last week from Mitchell posters. Who knows, you could win
but go ahead and put the Bears down all week ! Bear fans not once put Mitchell down and probably won't.

Last edited:
but go ahead and put the Bears down all week ! Bear fans not once put Murphy down and probably won't.
Don't paint with a broad brush i haven't typed a dang word about Mt Airy good or bad

Not yet but Murphy put them down all week as braggers when y'all were bragging even more for this week's game. I want be bragging at all ! !
Again " y'all " the game I was concerned about this week read my comments I said I honestly didn't know how the game would turn out that I believe we could win and to do so Mitchell would have to run and keep their offense off the field, I even said I was afraid of the kick-off. Don't how that's bragging and while I guess there was some the majority of bragging on Mitchell actually came from fans of other teams.

I'm going to say this Mt Airy has never beat Mitchel Co and if we have QB that drops snaps and throws turnovers next Friday we won't win this one This team is going to have to get it together the past two weeks qb had trouble with snaps D is great we need offense to score on possessions to win this coming week

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
I'm going to say this Mt Airy has never beat Mitchel Co and if we have QB that drops snaps and throws turnovers next Friday we won't win this one This team is going to have to get it together the past two weeks qb had trouble with snaps D is great we need offense to score on possessions to win this coming week
That's what happens if you have a sophomore QtrBack. He will improve if he wants to stay a starter. He needs to think he's the best and grow into a great starter. Don't let anyone scare him.

Reactions: Bearfan71
but go ahead and put the Bears down all week ! Bear fans not once put Murphy down and probably won't.
Sorry Mount Airy but We gotta pull for our little mountain brother.

The way I see it, one tough half in a season isn't enough to test a team. Playing in a crap conference, then playing that same crap conference again in the playoffs, Mitchell will smack Mount Airy in the mouth. It all will depend on how Mount Airy responds to being smacked in said mouth.

For goodness sake Mitchell fans, please don’t say anything to hurt TD’s feelings. I don’t know if I can survive a week of this.
I just said what I meant. No one is hurting my feelings. I know the game the Mtn. fans play on here. Playing the team against the fans to get your team up for the game. I also respect Mitchell's team as a fan.

Sorry Mount Airy but We gotta pull for our little mountain brother.

No problem, Mount Airy has been singled out all week as braggers when others were bragging more the whole week. Without saying, everyone knows our record and we know everyone else's record. Have a fabulous week !
We are all pounding our chests getting ready for fri bragging our arses off lmao

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
The way I see it, one tough half in a season isn't enough to test a team. Playing in a crap conference, then playing that same crap conference again in the playoffs, Mitchell will smack Mount Airy in the mouth. It all will depend on how Mount Airy responds to being smacked in said mouth.
That pretty much sums it up.
Good luck to the Mountaineers.
Hoping Mitchell wins it all .
Mitchell probally has the most loyal fan base I know of ,if the Mountaineers we're 0 and 10 the bleachers are still full ,not many schools can say that.
I as a fan would druther beat Mitchell than Reidsville but at the same time I got nothing but respect for Mitchell and the ere fans..

Not yet but Murphy posters put them down all week as braggers when y'all were bragging even more for this week's game. I won't be bragging at all ! !
I do welcome Mitchell to Mount Airy. Plenty of places to eat.
Oh ok them Murphy posters, gotta bring someone else in huh

Reactions: Swain97
I agree MCM. This game will be won or lost at the LOS. MA has been solid up front all year, but has not been faced with a bigger, stronger OL/DL. This will be a big test for MA. MA hasn't played from behind all year in the 2nd half. Hope they respond well when this occurs. Starmount left everything they had on the field and are to be commended for their efforts. I expect this will be a great game but I'm not confident that MA can win a shootout.

Um hey didnt MA just blow out a team that beat Andrews.....a team that beat Mitchell pretty good. And 25 pts given up by MA say what you want but that is pretty dam good in 13 games. SMH.....the ignorance on here is un real.......much respect to Mitchel they are really good this will be a Dog fight!!!!!!!!

And btw ma faced some adversity tonight and overcame it in 2nd half. No one talking about how bad the officiating was. MA had at least 10 big plays called back Was so bad MA coaches got 15 yard penalty before ko of 2nd half expressing there displeasure. And if you think Starmount is weak you don't know fb they are a solid club now.

Last edited:
And btw ma faced some adversity tonight and overcame it in 2nd half. No one talking about how bad the officiating was. MA had at least 10 big plays called back Was so bad MA coaches got 15 yard penalty before ko of 2nd half expressing there displeasure. And if you think Starmount is weak you don't know fb they are a solid club now.
Buzzcoach, once again you hit the nail squarely on the head. The officials were horrible. And yes, do I think they were pulling for one side or the other, don't have an idea. But they were horrible. A pass goes 15 to 20 feet over the receivers head, the two plays stop running and the flag for interference is thrown. OMG.

At halftime, JK was not ranting or raving at the officials, just explaining how wrong they were, and it was not even the head official that threw the flag, it was another after the conversation ended.

And the coaches did a great job changing the game in the manner and way they handled changing the QB. Did anyone notice #15 did not come out of the game?

For the hype of the week, only Eastern Randolph and Starmount got out scored badly. OMG I wish I could have seen the North Rowan and Robbinsville game.
I said earlier in the week that Starmount was very well coached and that they had good players. They proved that again last night.
But Mt Airy also proved that they are a team on many talents. #1 Zeb Stroupe may very well be the BEST PLAYER in all 1A. He is the best I have seen this year.

Um hey didnt MA just blow out a team that beat Andrews.....a team that beat Mitchell pretty good. And 25 pts given up by MA say what you want but that is pretty dam good in 13 games. SMH.....the ignorance on here is un real.......much respect to Mitchel they are really good this will be a Dog fight!!!!!!!!
Its about matchups you know that, I think we can give you guys a pretty good game, looking forward to riding over fri night!

Mitchell fans, how would y’all compare your team this year to your team that almost beat East Surry in 2019?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT