ADVERTISEMENT

Mallard Creek vs Gaffney

nepsy7

Oct 3, 2009
Mallard Creek back on the road playing Gaffney. The SC Prep ranks them as the #2 team in the State of SC. Another big test for the program

Reactions: Veejay4
Sounds like Gaffney and Mallard Creek were both looking past last weeks opponents in the 1st half. Both were flat early but put their games away in the 2nd half.
The game time is being listed as 7:00pm on some sites and 7:30pm on others. Maxpreps showing that the game will be carried live. Anyone know the truth?

Game starts at 7:30 pm. I believe you can watch the game on the NFHS network.

Last edited:
Should be good athletes all over the field. Being close to the Gaffney program I know they are impressed w MCs rb. I think they are missing one or 2 significant players this week but will still be a tough out at The Reservation.

Should be good athletes all over the field. Being close to the Gaffney program I know they are impressed w MCs rb. I think they are missing one or 2 significant players this week but will still be a tough out at The Reservation.

I don't believe they've seen Mallard Creeks rb? He didn't play against DF.

What is the South Carolina site nowadays? Palmetto talk appears to be shutdown. No new posts there in a long time.

I know Gaffney is very good but I was expecting MC to win by 10-14 and keep comfortable lead in the 2nd.

Absolutely great place to watch a HS game. Wow. The hospitality of the Gaffney folks was incredible as well. We were practically kidnapped into an incredible Gaffney tailgate and served some of the best Ribs I have ever tasted. NC high schools stop playing all those cupcakes and do a home and home with some of these SC teams.

As I said last night. Just an awesome atmosphere. Twice now they have played very good competition on the road in tough environments and came from behind to tie and win. Coaching staff is dynamite at making 2nd half adjustments. Their scoring differential in 3rd quarters has got to be about +120 this year. Gaffney not the most impressive team physically but they had athletes, were super charged in that environment and I thought their DC called a great game especially in the first half.

Creek not without mistakes ( special teams cost them 14 pts) but the defense play very well and Noller continues to WOW. Through the ball 35 times I think and maybe had 3 or 4 throws that were not perfect. Great pocket awareness and makes money throws on the run. I have heard all about Hood and Maye but if there is a better kid playing QB right now in this state I would love to see it. Hellams has full confidence in the kid because I cant tell you in 10 years of watching MC football seeing them in a tight game never run the ball in the red zone. Kid was throwing bullets.

These are the kind of games that prepare you for the playoffs and I still think the toughest test is coming in two weeks.

Reactions: onebadtiger29
# 2 Team in SC, Gaffney had not lost a home game since 2016. Held Gaffney 188 yards total offense. 32 yards rushing. Everyone's healthy and get ready for Vance in 2 weeks

Reactions: Blue and Gold22
# 2 Team in SC, Gaffney had not lost a home game since 2016. Held Gaffney 188 yards total offense. 32 yards rushing. Everyone's healthy and get ready for Vance in 2 weeks
Not sure if Gaffney is the #2 team in SC. Teams like Byrnes, Dorman, even Hanna... have to see. Wish DF could have played uninterrupted against MC. That starting and stopping kills the pace of Knotts' coached team, especially when the opposing team has key athletes playing both ways. Hanna last season was a perfect example. Star athletes going both ways were gassed by the 4th and DF put the hammer down. I suspect MC either wins state or goes very very deep in the playoffs. Good luck Mavericks. Gaffney is a good team. Well done.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT