ADVERTISEMENT

Mallard Creek at Scotland - it's happening!!

Yep... but unlike Deana the ladies at the Nail salon couldn't keep it quite. Sometimes schools like to keep this stuff quiet. Supporters of the program prefer the release of the schedule to have some secrecy so that you can build some momentum and then when you do release you can capture some fairly intense social media buzz. Corporations like Under Armour and others pay for that space. They get a little pissy when individuals on the inside release the marquee matchup on a message board where they have no space 3 weeks early.

Congrats on your great scoop. You were hardly the only guy that was aware. But just like Aunt Bee at the salon you couldn't wait to tell everyone you had a special secret. LOL...Some of us are actually listen when we are told to keep it quiet.

Any news on Thelma's boob job you can fill us in on.??

Reactions: Ben-Badd and nepsy7
Bleed Kelly Green and Gold, but I have to give props to go_scots. He's been dead on with arguably the biggest events in the Sandhills this offseason. Castellano leaving Richmond County, and the MC game.

Reactions: swett2victory
Raider for life, but I'm a converted Harding U Ram b/c I teach there. HUGE step up in competition as we host Mallard Creek.

Bleed Kelly Green and Gold, but I have to give props to go_scots. He's been dead on with arguably the biggest events in the Sandhills this offseason. Castellano leaving Richmond County, and the MC game.

He should run for Mayor of Laurinburg! The guys is Nostradamus! :)

Reactions: Ben-Badd
Would like to see Pinecrest schedule a big name opponent instead of these private and alternative schools that are lucky to suit up 20 players or even field a team.

It has been common knowledge in this community for some time now. No one in Scotland County was surprised when Mallard Creek announced it earlier this week. I'm not sure why Scotland County dropped the ball and allowed Mallard Creek officially announce it first.

It has been common knowledge in this community for some time now. No one in Scotland County was surprised when Mallard Creek announced it earlier this week. I'm not sure why Scotland County dropped the ball and allowed Mallard Creek officially announce it first.

It was negotiated that way. Scotland is in a one horse town where they are the only game in town. They dont need the cycle and social media buzz like MC that is in a town that has a ton of " noise". Obviously people close to the Creek program have been aware but were told to keep it quiet on message boards and twitter accounts so they could tease the schedule release on Monday and the drop it late Thursday. Under Armour and several other supporters that dump $$ in the program what to be on the space when they release.

It worked....they got the most hits they have ever had to their athletics site.

I have said on several occasions. If the AD or HC tell me its ok to say something i am happy to post. Otherwise.....I shut up

I just find it ironic that a nationally ranked team that competes annually for the mythical high school national championship year in and year out feels that they are creating a buzz by announcing that they have scheduled a game against a one horse team.

Reactions: swett2victory
I just find it ironic that a nationally ranked team that competes annually for the mythical high school national championship year in and year out feels that they are creating a buzz by announcing that they have scheduled a game against a one horse team.

Find it however you like. Thats the reason it was kept quite. Companies like Under Armour writing the checks you like to keep them happy. In terms of the national recognition you will have to take that up with Max Preps, USA Today etc,etc. Maybe winning more than one state title in 50 years would help.

Now...get along to that nail salon with the rest of the ladies and find that next big scoop so you can remain queen of the message board.....LOL

Reactions: Ben-Badd
Glad to see this is official and happening. It will be a great atmosphere to start the year.
Maybe will cross paths with some of you that night. Have acquaintances and family from Wilmington, Charlotte, Raleigh greensboro, and my birth county Harnett saying they coming. GO SCOTS

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT