ADVERTISEMENT

Mallard Creek vs West Charlotte 9/14

Ok I got a question. I noticed Max Prep is showing this game being played Thursday along with some other Charlotte games. Is there a reason. for this.

Mallard Creek's offense will be their demise. With all that talent. It's mind boggling how bad their offense really is. Every team they play will have a shot at beating them because of their offense inability to score.

Mallard Creek's offense will be their demise. With all that talent. It's mind boggling how bad their offense really is. Every team they play will have a shot at beating them because of their offense inability to score.
Haven't been able to see Mallard Creek in person yet, will Thursday. For what it's worth, after seeing game on TV, give me MC offense over West Charlotte's offense. I hope both improve to make strong showings in the playoffs though.

One interesting thing that seems to be occurring this year is that there are a lot of teams really good on defensive or offensive side of the ball and not good on the opposite side of the ball. Even though early in the year, I haven't seen a balanced team yet.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Creek was down 17-0 at HT. Then 17-7 in the 3rd. Then they were making a good drive in the 4th then throw an interception that resulted a pick 6. Had MC could had scored instead of interception then they would have been back in the ballgame. I would agree a stout schedule for MC from week to week would put a toll on the team I’m sure.

Reactions: Mr. Rutledge
Creek was down 17-0 at HT. Then 17-7 in the 3rd. Then they were making a good drive in the 4th then throw an interception that resulted a pick 6. Had MC could had scored instead of interception then they would have been back in the ballgame. I would agree a stout schedule for MC from week to week would put a toll on the team I’m sure.
Too many of the conversations on here could have, would have, and seem excellent as they continue.

Recycled conversations and analysis. I only see MC making the postseason.

Although MC had some good offensive coordinators in the past the bread and butter was the run game. Mallard Creek from 2010 to 2018 had some of the biggest and talented offensive linemen in the southeast and when all else failed, they would maul you up front. I remember the Dutch Fork game, once Mallard Creek decided to run the ball, DF was helpless.

Now Mallard Creek from a talent and size perspective has dropped closer to the field and it’s been a bit of a struggle the last couple years because they can’t just overwhelm teams with talent. The good news is the defense is elite and that can win most games for them.

Offensive line is probably more affected by coaching than any other position group on the field.
The MC fans screaming to bench the offensive coordinator was kinda funny. I hate when fans scream about taking an individual player iut though. They don't understand that if you don't have the personnel to get the ball down the field in the air, you are limited in what you do. When you run, you are going at WC strength. The receivers were open, that's WC defensive weakness.

The MC fans screaming to bench the offensive coordinator was kinda funny. I hate when fans scream about taking an individual player iut though. They don't understand that if you don't have the personnel to get the ball down the field in the air, you are limited in what you do. When you run, you are going at WC strength. The receivers were open, that's WC defensive weakness.
There were two open receivers on the big int in the end zone by WC.

One thing that I did notice about these Lions is they are physically stronger this year than the past couple of years. Those guys look like they have embraced their strength training program pretty well. WC has always been fast and athletic but now it’s looks like their athletes are becoming more well rounded as players.

One thing that I did notice about these Lions is they are physically stronger this year than the past couple of years. Those guys look like they have embraced their strength training program pretty well. WC has always been fast and athletic but now it’s looks like their athletes are becoming more well rounded as players.
Agree 100%. Said it this summer WC is loaded. They have an EXCELLENT toughness attitude this year. Coach Greiner and the staff have really got them believing. Then add in Coach Williams, Coleman, Mixon with Rose and Sullivan on the sidelines. Not sure of the OLINE coach name but he gets major props also.

When Greiner got suspended last year and the parents rallied around him u knew this team would be special. Crazy thing is they are super young. The 26/27 classes may be the best in the state. Then 28/29 incoming? They could challenge for top program in state in two years. Thats how talented and focused they are.

Agree 100%. Said it this summer WC is loaded. They have an EXCELLENT toughness attitude this year. Coach Greiner and the staff have really got them believing. Then add in Coach Williams, Coleman, Mixon with Rose and Sullivan on the sidelines. Not sure of the OLINE coach name but he gets major props also.

When Greiner got suspended last year and the parents rallied around him u knew this team would be special. Crazy thing is they are super young. The 26/27 classes may be the best in the state. Then 28/29 incoming? They could challenge for top program in state in two years. Thats how talented and focused they are.
I was definitely impressed by the freshman wideout that caught the td pass. He adjusted to pass, showed great concentration, balance, and athleticism all in one play.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT