ADVERTISEMENT

Butler vs Weddington

Vik-Val 86

May 20, 2020
I just about overlooked this game. Should be one of the top games in the Charlotte area, along with Mallard Creek n Gaffney. I look for this to be a good one. Any thoughts

I said this in a previous post in another thread. If Lawrence plays a clean game I like them against anybody. The four games Butler has lost while Lawrence is under center he had around 13 interceptions. The fact Butler hasn’t gotten blown out in any of those games let you know how good they can be. On Saturday Butler ran to set up the pass which is quite different than last year when they were more aggressive throwing the ball.

The defense has played really good considering how inconsistent the offense has been. Butler is susceptible to the long ball. Rolesville, Richmond and Hughes have been able to take advantage of that. If I was Weddington i would test that. Butler should be the stiffest defense Weddington has seen all year. Should be a fun game

I said this in a previous post in another thread. If Lawrence plays a clean game I like them against anybody. The four games Butler has lost while Lawrence is under center he had around 13 interceptions. The fact Butler hasn’t gotten blown out in any of those games let you know how good they can be. On Saturday Butler ran to set up the pass which is quite different than last year when they were more aggressive throwing the ball.

The defense has played really good considering how inconsistent the offense has been. Butler is susceptible to the long ball. Rolesville, Richmond and Hughes have been able to take advantage of that. If I was Weddington i would test that. Butler should be the stiffest defense Weddington has seen all year. Should be a fun game
I do think Weddington is more consistent and a lot of that has to do with what you talked about. Butler can be a hit or miss sometimes. They can get a big lead and let the game get away from them or come out clicking on all cylinders all four quarters. That big win they got down in GA could be the start of something though.

I do think Weddington is more consistent and a lot of that has to do with what you talked about. Butler can be a hit or miss sometimes. They can get a big lead and let the game get away from them or come out clicking on all cylinders all four quarters. That big win they got down in GA could be the start of something though.
Grimsley west final game is a prime example. That one still hurts me

• Sad
Reactions: onioncfb and btango
I will take the “Fighting Brian Hales” he will have an offensive game plan that will keep them off balance. He totally confused LH down in Georgia came out with his Buck Sweep Series and physically beat them up early. Hales is one of if not the best play caller in NC and has been at the top for years. They played against a team with “force” in GA and now Weddington has to deal with that muscle memory.

I will take the “Fighting Brian Hales” he will have an offensive game plan that will keep them off balance. He totally confused LH down in Georgia came out with his Buck Sweep Series and physically beat them up early. Hales is one of if not the best play caller in NC and has been at the top for years. They played against a team with “force” in GA and now Weddington has to deal with that muscle memory.
I said in another thread that most teams run the spread or a variation of it that when they play Butler they are thrown off balance with the different formations and shifting. My favorite Hales coaching job was 2013 when Butler went primarily no huddle spread to utilize Anthony Ratliff Williams at QB. He adapted his playbook to his players.

Reactions: btango and tdl6242
Anyone know if they’re selling tickets early for this game? If so, where can I purchase them?

Deleted due to nothing to do with football

Last edited by a moderator:
If Weddington wants to win this game they will need to come out ready to play. Were flat and sloppy last week

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Butler played a great game last week and should be excited about that win…but if they don’t turn their full, undivided attention towards Weddington, Weddington can definitely handle butler. Also, Lawrence needs to protect the ball once again and don’t force anything unless it’s to #4 Currence 😂. They looked much better if Lawrence in on his A+ game.

Butler played a great game last week and should be excited about that win…but if they don’t turn their full, undivided attention towards Weddington, Weddington can definitely handle butler. Also, Lawrence needs to protect the ball once again and don’t force anything unless it’s to #4 Currence 😂. They looked much better if Lawrence in on his A+ game.
The good news is this current group of players know Weddington as really good team they never faced. Contrary to the Charlotte Disturber, Butler and Weddington played several times before around the 06-08 time frame and Butler handled them easily. I think there is a tendency to be overconfident facing a team you traditionally beat down and not take them seriously. Luckily its been a while since those teams played that Butler should be focused on Weddington.

The good news is this current group of players know Weddington as really good team they never faced. Contrary to the Charlotte Disturber, Butler and Weddington played several times before around the 06-08 time frame and Butler handled them easily. I think there is a tendency to be overconfident facing a team you traditionally beat down and not take them seriously. Luckily its been a while since those teams played that Butler should be focused on Weddington.
Their jv's have been playing each other for at least the last 3 years.

These are the most important points. Do not turn it over against Weddington and Hales must have the team over the high of last Saturday all this week. Weddington is good about taking what a team will give them and roll with it.

Butler really needs this game after Weddington they won’t be challenged until Catholic and then Independence. A good non conference NC win would be good since they lost to Rolesville.

Reactions: btango
This game is a chess match so far..regardless of the outcome I really believe one of these teams can represent the West as long as they stay healthy. Both teams very balanced!

Glad I chose this game..It’s now tied 15 all towards the end of the 3rd quarter

That loss to Rolesville kind of baffles me. The Rolesville went on to get demolished by Grimsley. But Rolesville went on to beat Cardinal Gibbons tonight. This season feels a lot different than previous.

That loss to Rolesville kind of baffles me. The Rolesville went on to get demolished by Grimsley. But Rolesville went on to beat Cardinal Gibbons tonight. This season feels a lot different than previous.
A lot of people were saying there was some funny stuff going on in that game with the clock not running at times and just a bunch of weird stuff. No excuses Rolesville still won but just what I heard from more than one source.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT