ADVERTISEMENT

Charlotte Catholic vs Butler 10/13

Vik-Val 86

May 20, 2020
6-2 Charlotte Catholic will take on 7-1 Butler. Should be a big game atmosphere with good crowd. Any thoughts with this game.

My gut says Butler should roll Catholic if they are focused. Catholic hasn’t beaten a good team all year and when they faced a good team they got handled.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
A couple of thoughts on this game. It was the first time I went to Catholic in person and it was a nice experience there. It was electric and the kids were pumped. Odd they had Butler for a homecoming game but nonetheless it was a great atmosphere.

Butler fumbled on their first possession and Catholic scored to take the lead. Catholic wanted to chew time and keep Butler’s possessions at a minimum. Catholic did a really good job in mixing the run and the pass. The defense had some trouble stopping the run as the defense got tired it was rough on them.

Butler had a couple of turnover on downs one on the two yard line to end the half when they tried to be cute with a wildcat formation and the ball was batted down. The other one was in the first half when i felt they could have kicked a field goal. The game could have been a bigger margin if different decisions were made but it was a good competitive game.

Butler and Catholic always play classic games and Butler needed a close one since they really haven’t been tested since Weddington. They get a bye next week then Indy to finish the season. Depending on the matchup Catholic can make it to the second round in the playoffs.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT