ADVERTISEMENT

Lincolnton Coaching Search

I'll throw a name out there that I wouldn't be surprised by. But I think the odds of happening aren't great. I wonder about Matt Beam. One problem is his son plays at East Lincoln but I guess he could bring him to Lincolnton with him. He tends to be a carpetbagger coach moving school to school looking for the next best thing. Like I said odds are against that happening but it wouldn't surprise me

Reactions: Shelby Lion
I believe his youngest son (he also has a younger daughter) will be a ninth grader next year. The one on varsity I believe has two more years. Matt's wife teaches at East and coaches the cheerleaders. They seem to be fairly entrenched at EL and likes the community.

If anything I wrote is incorrect let me know and I will edit it.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Can I apply? I know a few members on the school board. I am not a coach, but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career.
I believe Jaden Angle will be the next head coach. As I stated on the other thread, there were over 100 applicants within 48 hours of the job being posted… there will be plenty of quality coaches to choose from!
n

I believe Jaden Angle will be the next head coach. As I stated on the other thread, there were over 100 applicants within 48 hours of the job being posted… there will be plenty of quality coaches to choose from!
I don't believe they could find anyone more passionate about their team or more proud of being a wolf than Coach Angle. He stays fired up and on top of things from kickoff until the final second.

Could be. But has he spent too much time on the dark side? Word is, he is totally entranced by the glitz and glamour of Maiden. Heck, I heard he's even gelling his hair now.

#spaceodysseyinfluence
Honestly I'd like to keep all our coaches including pound 😂. Last time we let a coach go they went and turned Bunker Hill around and now they are insufferable 😂😂

One thing is for sure, whoever gets the job will need to be committed to investing in the middle school and youth program as well.
I texted my buddy jokingly yesterday after I said I would throw my hat in the ring for the job and asked if he was ready to move back to North Carolina to be one of my coaches. I feel good about that hire. He is a Florida kid and played against some now retired NFL stars. I told him first order of business is making sure the youth and middle school programs are on the same page. His response back was it is always surprising when those are not synched up from nomenclature to style and scheme.

Amen.Coach Holbrook would be a good pick, too.

He cares deeply about the program and would give everything he has and then some. Not sure if he would be willing to take on this beast with his son going to high school soon, though. I would just like to see someone invest from the top down and get our programs on the same page. I heard that Glass attempted to get the middle school program in sync, and pushed for one of our former players who is now in Gaston County coaching to take that on, but was turned down for someone that was already in the building.

I believe Coach Angle would be the best answer for the job. He is young, Energetic and I know the kids love him. He connects with them and understands their passion. He would also be around for a long time and really be able to engrain the new era of Lincolnton football and hopefully get it back to what is was and should be! I know one thing is for sure he is deeply rooted in Lincolnton and will never look for "the next best thing"

Where is glass going ?? He just got to hickory not long ago lol
Nowhere, that I know of, lol. But apparently, according to sourced posters, he's looking to make it to one particular place, and everywhere else is just a waypoint with a quick expiration date.

I just know that 'here' ain't on the way to 'there', lol.

He cares deeply about the program and would give everything he has and then some. Not sure if he would be willing to take on this beast with his son going to high school soon, though. I would just like to see someone invest from the top down and get our programs on the same page. I heard that Glass attempted to get the middle school program in sync, and pushed for one of our former players who is now in Gaston County coaching to take that on, but was turned down for someone that was already in the building.
Interesting.

Nowhere, that I know of, lol. But apparently, according to sourced posters, he's looking to make it to one particular place, and everywhere else is just a waypoint with a quick expiration date.

If the end goal is to get to college coaching I just feel like that doesn't really usually come through high School coaching path. Seems to be a lot of former players or people with connections to current coaches to give opportunities out. I'm sure it does happen but don't think it is as prevalent.

If the end goal is to get to college coaching I just feel like that doesn't really usually come through high School coaching path. Seems to be a lot of former players or people with connections to current coaches to give opportunities out. I'm sure it does happen but don't think it is as prevalent.
If you believe chatter and supposed reports from posters in the know...his destination is a high school in Burke County. A good coach, if you can keep him.

#continuitymatters

He’s already applied and interviewed for freedom a handful of times and they’ve passed on him everytime

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT