ADVERTISEMENT

Guilford County transfers

nwguilford007

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2022
any names or rumors of kids transferring in, out or around guilford county lets discuss here.....nothing coming to my school I'm aware of

No clue, I generally don't pay attention to this. But, I'm sure you can go on twitter and watch the portal announcements as they come in. I usually only hear about stuff closer to the season starting.

Reactions: nwguilford007
Ik this is for guildford county but I will say for a Iredell co prospective I have heard so many rumors n chatter about kids moving here to there the most I have heard in a while so I’m sure it’s about same in other counties

Ik this is for guildford county but I will say for a Iredell co prospective I have heard so many rumors n chatter about kids moving here to there the most I have heard in a while so I’m sure it’s about same in other counties
where are they going to mainly?

its not.....but cmon man everywhere is now lol
What makes them permit such foolishness to continue, then? Though they are aware of this, the receiving school lets the ignorance persist. Will they become as famous as Charlotte was once they were featured on the NCHSAA map?

What makes them permit such foolishness to continue, then? Though they are aware of this, the receiving school lets the ignorance persist. Will they become as famous as Charlotte was once they were featured on the NCHSAA map?
Look around, all counties do this. Why do you think 71st and Hickory both played in at least the regional final in football and basketball this past year? Why does Reidsville and Shelby decide who wins 2A every year. Why do think Clinton stacked their team despite losing in the championship game. High school sports is literally no different than college right now outside of N.I.L (for now). Everyone is doing it and at this point the entire state should just be open enrollment. They’re not openly permitting it, you just can’t stop it.

Look around, all counties do this. Why do you think 71st and Hickory both played in at least the regional final in football and basketball this past year? Why does Reidsville and Shelby decide who wins 2A every year. Why do think Clinton stacked their team despite losing in the championship game. High school sports is literally no different than college right now outside of N.I.L (for now). Everyone is doing it and at this point the entire state should just be open enrollment. They’re not openly permitting it, you just can’t stop it.
Agreed. But once the NCHSAA tracks down a state-wide violator and exposes them, the offenders will gradually but definitely back down. Responding with utmost authority is required of the NCHSAA. This has to stop!

Agreed. But once the NCHSAA tracks down a state-wide violator and exposes them, the offenders will gradually but definitely back down. Responding with utmost authority is required of the NCHSAA. This has to stop!
well its not stopping

Reactions: New3ra
NCHSAA basically leaves it to the local ELA to verify residency. There is little history of the state addressing the violations....at least, in my memory.

Reactions: beamer24
NCHSAA basically leaves it to the local ELA to verify residency. There is little history of the state addressing the violations....at least, in my memory.
And this is how the result looks. With so many dishonest people posing as leaders, the ELA is a meaningless organization. We have had an unofficial, corrupt system known as "open enrollment" because of those leaders.

And this is how the result looks. With so many dishonest people posing as leaders, the ELA is a meaningless organization. We have had an unofficial, corrupt system known as "open enrollment" because of those leaders.
open enrollment is a great solution and will help combat charter and private schools. Much like sending students who are good at certain things to certain academy's such as (art,music,automotive,FFA, ect)

open enrollment is a great solution and will help combat charter and private schools. Much like sending students who are good at certain things to certain academy's such as (art,music,automotive,FFA, ect)
What you will have is what WSFCS has, the Have’s and Have Not’s.

What you will have is what WSFCS has, the Have’s and Have Not’s.
no just certain schools will be better than others at certain things (life)....that's where the county steps in and offers some of these other schools that might be struggling with educational programs not offered at the other schools to help level

Our current state of affairs is part of the reason the younger generations have an obsession with instant gratification. It's both a cause and a symptom. It definitely isn't helping teach young people valuable life lessons.

"I don't like my coach" = transfer.
"my school doesn't have turf" = transfer.
"I want flashy uniforms/helmets" = transfer.
"I think its neat for the lights to flash after we score" = transfer.
"I want to win more games" = transfer.

Where in this are we teaching young men that you need to earn anything? Fundraise more, practice more, talk to your teammates to help motivate them. What happens when this generation gets married, starts a family, and life happens? Right now they are learning to just change the scenery and everything will be better. Are we really using athletics to teach life lessons or do we just say that to make us feel good?

Our current state of affairs is part of the reason the younger generations have an obsession with instant gratification. It's both a cause and a symptom. It definitely isn't helping teach young people valuable life lessons.

Where in this are we teaching young men that you need to earn anything? Fundraise more, practice more, talk to your teammates to help motivate them. What happens when this generation gets married, starts a family, and life happens? Right now they are learning to just change the scenery and everything will be better. Are we really using athletics to teach life lessons or do we just say that to make us feel good?
Overtime, this has been allowed, accepted & ignored all in one package and it's because there are regulatory violations at the ELA level. Due to the large number of rule violations, high school athletics has made breaking the rules the standard and way of life.

I know open enrollment is wonderful, but when a talented athlete is available for a school that really needs him, he instead skips town to attend the next brightest school nearby. Now, the winning school will take home all the glory every year, while the losing school will continue to be the losing school.

Why does WSFCS not have middle school football? Seems the pop warner system only adds fuel to the open enrollment "problem"

Why does WSFCS not have middle school football? Seems the pop warner system only adds fuel to the open enrollment "problem"
Great question, probably been 30 years since they had it. They use money as the excuse now. But in last year or so I have heard some rumblings of possibility of bringing it back. I sure know the HS coaches want it.

All this talk about transfers but in Guilford County kids/parents are only transferring to two schools Grimsley or Dudley and that decision is solely based on what type of school environment you want your kid to be apart of. I say all that to say this it’s funny how kids only want to go to those two schools based off popularity, but if your kid was a really good player they would be willing to go to a sub-par team HPC, Smith, or a Ragsdale and make a name for themselves instead of having to live in the shadows of the names that came before them! I also think it’s sad/crazy seeing kids transfer to these schools only to be backups when they were starters at their previous schools. Don’t BUY THE HYPE!

Where in this are we teaching young men that you need to earn anything? Fundraise more, practice more, talk to your teammates to help motivate them. What happens when this generation gets married, starts a family, and life happens? Right now they are learning to just change the scenery and everything will be better. Are we really using athletics to teach life lessons or do we just say that to make us feel
All this talk about transfers but in Guilford County kids/parents are only transferring to two schools Grimsley or Dudley and that decision is solely based on what type of school environment you want your kid to be apart of. I say all that to say this it’s funny how kids only want to go to those two schools based off popularity, but if your kid was a really good player they would be willing to go to a sub-par team HPC, Smith, or a Ragsdale and make a name for themselves instead of having to live in the shadows of the names that came before them! I also think it’s sad/crazy seeing kids transfer to these schools only to be backups when they were starters at their previous schools. Don’t BUY THE HYPE!
Yeah but by transferring to these top tier programs you’re enabling your child to get way better reps at practice……for example if your kid is a o lineman and transfers to a school with a top notch defense he will be getting those one one reps all the time instead of being against some pudgy fat kid at another school that isn’t making anyone better. Iron sharpens iron

And what if your kid isn’t good at School A or Transfer school B ? Lol it’s two different convos here kids who shouldn’t transfer because they’re not very good and kids who if you are good why transfer and make the rich richer!

And what if your kid isn’t good at School A or Transfer school B ? Lol it’s two different convos here kids who shouldn’t transfer because they’re not very good and kids who if you are good why transfer and make the rich richer!
Because if you are good and transfer to a good school you will be competing against better competition day in and day out which in turns make you better…..

Landon Dickerson played on some bad High School teams and is the highest payed guard in the NFL. Isaiah Helms played on a winless team in High School and is a Starter at App State.

Actually “Deep Thinker” you’re wrong. Southeast got a transfer QB, Smith’s QB last season was a transfer. Page and some other schools not named Grimsley or Dudley has players coming in, it just doesn’t get talked about as much but every school gets them.

It sounds like it didn’t work out for your child or someone you know. They must’ve been the back up you’re referring to. Only part I agree with is a good to decent player transferring just to ride the bench and win a championship. If it was my child I wouldn’t shy away from competing for a starting job but if it was clear he couldn’t get playing time but was good enough to play somewhere else then he would.

Last edited:
Landon Dickerson played on some bad High School teams and is the highest payed guard in the NFL. Isaiah Helms played on a winless team in High School and is a Starter at App State.
You can always find players or cases that fit either scenario. I will give you a current one. Look at Sharpe and Cam jones for Reidsville who was already good players in their own right. Both transferred and just won a football and basketball state championship and played a vital role in both. I’m willing to bet either one doesn’t regret it one bit.

Last edited:
Because if you are good and transfer to a good school you will be competing against better competition day in and day out which in turns make you better…..
This! There’s many other reasons good players transfer to these schools..maybe those schools are more stable situations, practices are ran better, playing in the playoffs and actually having a chance. There has been a ton of dysfunction from some of those other schools mentioned. You only get 4 years of playing in High school and it goes by fast.

I can speak from experience of having kids being on winless teams and championship teams from Youth on up through the HS level. I coached a kid that was apart of a winless team before and it wasn’t about wins and losses for why his parents chose to leave and go to a better team. He actually wanted to compete and beat the better teams but they left the struggling team because not everyone was bought in. Half of the kids wouldn’t show up for practice, a good amount of the kids weren’t really competitive and didn’t care if they got beat by 40. The kid went to the better team and those kids were just as talented, trained just as much as he did and every kid and coach was bought in to winning and competing and he also had to work for every rep he got.

Last edited:
It's all about "self." The "me" generation is running the show and they are producing more "me" kids. Period. End of story.

Actually “Deep Thinker” you’re wrong. Southeast got a transfer QB, Smith’s QB last season was a transfer. Page and some other schools not named Grimsley or Dudley has players coming in, it just doesn’t get talked about as much but every school gets them.

It sounds like it didn’t work out for your child or someone you know. They must’ve been the back up you’re referring to. Only part I agree with is a good to decent player transferring just to ride the bench and win a championship. If it was my child I wouldn’t shy away from competing for a starting job but if it was clear he couldn’t get playing time but was good enough to play somewhere else then he would.
No offense to the two players you just name but they definitely weren’t dominating at the school they came from nor was the team itself dominating! Northern and Northeast

It's all about "self." The "me" generation is running the show and they are producing more "me" kids. Period. End of story.
You may be on to something, Rival Hater, but not sure its the " end " of the story, as it may just be the beginning of who knows what. Could it get to the point where they have agents, live in nannies, and personal chefs that only prepare sushi and lobster knuckles ?
P.S. I'd say 98.8 % of the transfers in Guilford County are academic related.

No offense to the two players you just name but they definitely weren’t dominating at the school they came from nor was the team itself dominating! Northern and Northeast
The point is all of the schools have player movement and transfers. You stated only two schools get transfers when that’s not true. I have a few examples but there’s plenty more I can name of course.

Already pretty much is
You're saying it pretty much is for athletes, I'm assuming. But as a whole, its not even close to being open enrollment. Open enrollment is for all students, not just athletes.

If Guilford County had open enrollment, they would have to put hard cap limits on the bigger schools, to prevent overcrowding.

West Forsyth is full right now and turning kids away because of it. Hopefully the football players, the coaches wanted put in their paperwork early, because they don't have enough seats for them now, let alone come June/July.

Let these districts ebb & flow, and grow organically. Open enrollment will kill some districts and flood others. It's not healthy for these different communities as a whole.

You're saying it pretty much is for athletes, I'm assuming. But as a whole, its not even close to being open enrollment. Open enrollment is for all students, not just athletes.

If Guilford County had open enrollment, they would have to put hard cap limits on the bigger schools, to prevent overcrowding.

West Forsyth is full right now and turning kids away because of it. Hopefully the football players, the coaches wanted put in their paperwork early, because they don't have enough seats for them now, let alone come June/July.

Let these districts ebb & flow, and grow organically. Open enrollment will kill some districts and flood others. It's not healthy for these different communities as a whole.
well some parts of guilford have not grown organically in the last 40 years and will never grow....time to try something new....let the motivated students at these schools get out and go to schools with other motivated students so they can succeed

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT