ADVERTISEMENT

Charlotte Mecklenburg County Athletes

FBUncle

May 20, 2022
Teenagers are being urged by the mayor of Charlotte to speak out against gun violence. Are there any football athletes who live in the county being affected by this?

Hopefully, it's not as horrible as they portray it to be.

Teenagers are being urged by the mayor of Charlotte to speak out against gun violence. Are there any football athletes who live in the county being affected by this?

Hopefully, it's not as horrible as they portray it to be.
Again trying to be respectful but We have seen many occasions at specific schools that kids have Brought guns or violence to their schools.

For example - Rocky River - One of my friends used to go there after he transferred out of Mooresville n he said people stole stuff daily there and always a fight there so that could lead to more issue! so I do think Gun violence is a major concern at many CMS schools and other schools in NC.

Also ***Note: I’m not throwing RR under the bus or anything just using that as a example**

Again trying to be respectful but We have seen many occasions at specific schools that kids have Brought guns or violence to their schools.

For example - Rocky River - One of my friends used to go there after he transferred out of Mooresville n he said people stole stuff daily there and always a fight there so that could lead to more issue! so I do think Gun violence is a major concern at many CMS schools and other schools in NC.

Also ***Note: I’m not throwing RR under the bus or anything just using that as a example**
A safe and encouraging environment should be provided for students to learn in schools. Ive read in a recent article that almost $3 billion is made up of the school security market nowadays. From 2017 to 2023, a period of six school years, kids were involved in 175 school shootings, resulting in 66 fatalities and 180 injuries. Although I'm not aware how North Carolina is doing, it seems to me that places with laxer gun regulations see a higher number of instances than those with stricter laws. I'm glad for athletes who succeed in the professional ranks, and I hope kids who struggle to perceive differences will soon share the same perspective as others who emerged from similar backgrounds and achieved success.

Unfortunately, this is the case for kids in America, even with classroom shields, metal detectors, and armored bags. To put it plainly, we live in a problematic world, and it starts at home. Consider how the parents behave if the children are behaving this way.

Kindly acknowledge these videos as helpful learning tools for our lives. They were passed on to me, and I'm still in disbelief at what goes on in this dreadful world we live in.

We need to spread Love instead of Hate
Here we go....again

A safe and encouraging environment should be provided for students to learn in schools. Ive read in a recent article that almost $3 billion is made up of the school security market nowadays. From 2017 to 2023, a period of six school years, kids were involved in 175 school shootings, resulting in 66 fatalities and 180 injuries. Although I'm not aware how North Carolina is doing, it seems to me that places with laxer gun regulations see a higher number of instances than those with stricter laws. I'm glad for athletes who succeed in the professional ranks, and I hope kids who struggle to perceive differences will soon share the same perspective as others who emerged from similar backgrounds and achieved success.

Unfortunately, this is the case for kids in America, even with classroom shields, metal detectors, and armored bags. To put it plainly, we live in a problematic world, and it starts at home. Consider how the parents behave if the children are behaving this way.

Kindly acknowledge these videos as helpful learning tools for our lives. They were passed on to me, and I'm still in disbelief at what goes on in this dreadful world we live in.

Here we go....again
Definitely a problem that stems from home….these kids need to get some good raising!!

Definitely a problem that stems from home….these kids need to get some good raising!!
Correct. Kids don't learn how to behave properly in the absence of guidelines. Kids don't grow up feeling secure or being able to control themselves without structure. Rules set at home at a young age keep your kids safe in life. Regretfully, even if they know better, a lot of children either lack basic manners education or decide not to show respect. In fact, it's not uncommon to witness kids and teenagers acting rudely, accepting an attitude, fighting with adults or simply ignoring them, and lacking basic courtesy or respect for people in positions of power.

Watch this video:
When did it become cool

So if you don't think it starts at home, where do you believe it starts? I think some might argue that your response is the ignorant one here - not nwguilford007's.
In Mecklenburg County, teachers are reported breaking up confrontations in the classroom and expressing worries about their personal security. In multiple high-profile situations, students have been found in possession of guns or other weapons on campus. No one really knows why Mecklenburg County has the trends and violence we’re seeing right now. As mentioned above, the Mayor Is urging the students to speak out against Gun Violence.

Here we go....again
How do you stop Gun Violence in America? Gun violence prevention is not hopeless, and we are not helpless. Together we can end Gun Violence by encouraging and supporting solutions that create safer, healthier homes, schools and communities. I haven't watched these two videos. How can that woman have the right to slap the security guard? The world is quite bizarre. I'm sending prayers to that guard.

Prayers
🙏

So if you don't think it starts at home, where do you believe it starts? I think some might argue that your response is the ignorant one here - not nwguilford007's.
Oh he don't have an excuse or a reason. Excuse me he has plenty of excuses. Then always the case it's not always the case when there's people that are shitty. But kids will come to school with a gun people that act like that if some of these parents that don't take care of their kids would put paddling back in the school that would stop. Or let her bring that gun gun to school if they want to be real men or women. And get a damn beat down like they deserve. Like those parents deserve for letting their kids do whatever the hell they want. Queen City fan. You got a lot of that. You would probably marching July 4th 2004 downtown Charlotte weren't you. Couldn't get in those bars. So you called it something else. Not the fact that you were just a dumbass.

My answer Roughtrader...

Are we aware or empathetic to the lives of our high school student-athletes in Charlotte? It is so easy to say that it starts in the home, but what if there is no consistency in the home. How many student-athletes grow up without a father figure in the home and looks to his/her coach for the discipline and accountability that some of the kids are so lucky to get at the house. When I said that NW Guilford's comments were ignorant, I said that because at Northwest Guilford, although there are problems, they may not be the same problems that our student-athletes in Charlotte face. Was ignorant the wrong word to use? I do not know NWGuilford, and I assumed. My bad for that. Today, it takes more than just the home to get some of these kids started on the right track and the village it takes consists of teachers, educators, mentors, coaches, and other stake holders. I just think the comment: "It starts in the home" does not take into consideration the athletes that do not have that presence in the house. It is not their fault, and the majority of those student-athletes will graduate, go to college, and become contributing members of society. For some, it will start in the home. For others, it will take that village.

In Mecklenburg County, teachers are reported breaking up confrontations in the classroom and expressing worries about their personal security. In multiple high-profile situations, students have been found in possession of guns or other weapons on campus. No one really knows why Mecklenburg County has the trends and violence we’re seeing right now. As mentioned above, the Mayor Is urging the students to speak out against Gun Violence.
My thoughts:

The kids that were in middle school during covid, are the kids that went from 6th grade straight into 9th grade. The transition time in which they had to grow up socially was spent in the home. 2 years of no conflict resolutions, no social interactions in a controlled environment. Drugs, alcohol, inattention to rules and authority. What we are seeing now, is teens with the social skills of middle schoolers. Tantrums and fighting, guns and violence. These issues may not be solved until these kids have some sort of life skill training. Once again, just my thoughts.

Reactions: beamer24
My thoughts:

The kids that were in middle school during covid, are the kids that went from 6th grade straight into 9th grade. The transition time in which they had to grow up socially was spent in the home. 2 years of no conflict resolutions, no social interactions in a controlled environment. Drugs, alcohol, inattention to rules and authority. What we are seeing now, is teens with the social skills of middle schoolers. Tantrums and fighting, guns and violence. These issues may not be solved until these kids have some sort of life skill training. Once again, just my thoughts.
Agree with about 50%. Think that music and social media has clouded minds of youth to a detriment that they become desensitized to reality. They cant recognize or see hurt in their behavior and everyone is a superstar/hot in their on minds. This may sound crazy, but the anti bullying campaign backfired. while you got rid of bullying tactics it created an environment where friendly joking, conflict resolution, and communication became non -existent. So children begin to think in black/white instead of gray and working out differences. They tell/snitch when they shouldn't and they avoid anyone that's different from them. They dont stand up for the victims and just say its not my problem. In fight situations they panic and go straight to fighting instead of thinking about the consequences and working it out. While we eliminated the 2-3 school bullies we created 100-200 mini bullies with no social skills. The school says everyone has rights and you can be a s weird as you want. Bullies used to keep that mess in check. Sometimes your breath does stink, sometimes you are dressed funny, sometimes you aint the best looking child. Bullies/jokes brought a level of humility to schools.

Also capitalism/government plays a big part. With vaping, smoking weed, sex, guns and gambling advertisements everywhere we should expect to see behavior issues seep into the school. Watch and see how this gambling stuff starts to get to kids. Biggest mistake NC made was legalizing gambling. Lastly the biggest issue is the removal of God from school. Prayer, and godly values went a long way in shaping the thinking of youth. All these post and no one mentions God, and the effects the devil has in these children's minds. bring God back and see a difference.

Now...You hit on a great point...In other places I've lived, the church was more a part of the lives of the young men and women. On Sundays in Charlotte, 7v7 tournaments and training sessions have taken the place of the church...
Then coaches get mad when children with faith don't come on Sundays. In the past coaches/events respected church and tried to avoid Sundays or start after 3 to 6pm. Now Sunday has become a 2nd free day for events/coaches starting as early as 8AM. If the men/leaders teaching our children don't respect Sunday then who will? First it was just an AAU basketball thing now 7 v 7 and volleyball have followed suit.

My answer Roughtrader...

Are we aware or empathetic to the lives of our high school student-athletes in Charlotte? It is so easy to say that it starts in the home, but what if there is no consistency in the home. How many student-athletes grow up without a father figure in the home and looks to his/her coach for the discipline and accountability that some of the kids are so lucky to get at the house. When I said that NW Guilford's comments were ignorant, I said that because at Northwest Guilford, although there are problems, they may not be the same problems that our student-athletes in Charlotte face. Was ignorant the wrong word to use? I do not know NWGuilford, and I assumed. My bad for that. Today, it takes more than just the home to get some of these kids started on the right track and the village it takes consists of teachers, educators, mentors, coaches, and other stake holders. I just think the comment: "It starts in the home" does not take into consideration the athletes that do not have that presence in the house. It is not their fault, and the majority of those student-athletes will graduate, go to college, and become contributing members of society. For some, it will start in the home. For others, it will take that village.
I could not agree more with what you said and you said it much more eloquently than I did. For a lot of kids and I think this is what makes this sport so great. Seems to me a lot of the entitled ones play basketball. But the kids that have it tough they have to fight if they can get out for football it awakens something in them discipline-wise that no other sport can do.

The 7v7 Circuit is a good laugh. I love watching the coaches and teams pray before and after the game, then MF, GD, N-word, etc. in between the whistles. My favorite might be the punt of the ball after an interception, or better yet, throwing the ball in the air and shooting it down...Sad
Street culture has taken over completely now. The “adults” in their 30s were raised in the 2000s and 2010s so the line is blurred bc many adults grew up basically in the same generation as these kids.

As far as gun violence, if we are not willing to drastically change gun laws nationally like other logical countries around the world, then we don’t really want change 🤷🏾‍♂️. It’s could be much simpler to fix but we make it complex for no reason. Makes me think, our democracy we have is overrated when you look at other systems around the world.

Reactions: bigdadd11103
Street culture has taken over completely now. The “adults” in their 30s were raised in the 2000s and 2010s so the line is blurred bc many adults grew up basically in the same generation as these kids.

As far as gun violence, if we are not willing to drastically change gun laws nationally like other logical countries around the world, then we don’t really want change 🤷🏾‍♂️. It’s could be much simpler to fix but we make it complex for no reason. Makes me think, our democracy we have is overrated when you look at other systems around the world.
Agree 100%. Just learned that in other countries they dont allow the killing of another human to be televised or on a show. Also gambling, alcohol advertisements. Hell we had a man win woman of the year. SMH. Not beating a religious drum but we cant think these things dont help degrade society/morals

My thoughts:

This COVID excuse crap is getting old to me. As we speak, there are adult individuals who were sent home to "work from home" due to COVID-19. Since COVID is practically gone, these same individuals are now saying things like, "I'm quitting this job if they tell me I have to go back into my office setting." This is what I refer to as an ENTITLED mindset!

So will Mecklenburg County "point fingers" and utilize COVID as an excuse for the recent gun violence?

The parent of these kids in Mecklenburg County were the same both before and after COVID. The issue is within the home. Kids are raising kids. If not, then they have the parent(s) who thinks their behavior is cute. Rap music only encourages death. Because of their thuggish lifestyle, 99.9% of these rappers have never fired a gun. They excel at crafting catchy lyrics about the way of life they live around. In 2024, kids are still falling for the dumb trap every day for weeks on end. WHY: Because there is no structure in the home life now and there was none before COVID. They therefore think they are ENTITLED to do as they please, whenever they please, and for however long they choose..... UNTIL they are imprisoned and sentenced to life in PRISON, where they have all the time to think and forced to read the Bible then finally come to terms with the fact that what they did was wrong. Finally on their last chapter of life, they will have regrets during their last meal.

Waiting till a man goes to prison to give him a Bible is cruel.
There shouldn't be any reason for a young person to go to prison, but they do. Men and women incarcerated have little chance, in my opinion, if they do not have access to the Bible. Upon receiving the Word of God, however, individuals come to know a loving Father who sent His Son to atone for their sins.

Even in prison, they eventually achieve freedom.

These young people need to understand how miserable and isolating prison life can be, yet they go down the wrong path with guns because they don't have a good role model in place.

Some of the greatest athletes have fallen for this wrong path. Sad!

There shouldn't be any reason for a young person to go to prison, but they do. Men and women incarcerated have little chance, in my opinion, if they do not have access to the Bible. Upon receiving the Word of God, however, individuals come to know a loving Father who sent His Son to atone for their sins.

Even in prison, they eventually achieve freedom.

These young people need to understand how miserable and isolating prison life can be, yet they go down the wrong path with guns because they don't have a good role model in place.

Some of the greatest athletes have fallen for this wrong path. Sad!
😂😂😂

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT