ADVERTISEMENT

Guilford County transfers

well some parts of guilford have not grown organically in the last 40 years and will never grow....time to try something new....let the motivated students at these schools get out and go to schools with other motivated students so they can succeed
This argument makes little sense. All areas grow at different paces, which is what organically means. Never is a bad term to use here. High level courses are offered at every school. What you're saying IS THE PROBLEM. You can't just let schools and communities die because you think the grass is greener somewhere else. a motivated student will succeed (just an example) at Smith, just as much as they would at Northwest.

This argument makes little sense. All areas grow at different paces, which is what organically means. Never is a bad term to use here. High level courses are offered at every school. What you're saying IS THE PROBLEM. You can't just let schools and communities die because you think the grass is greener somewhere else. a motivated student will succeed (just an example) at Smith, just as much as they would at Northwest.
well smith hasnt grown at all...actually they went from a pretty good school in the 80's to the armpit of Guilford county

My sons are on the 7v7 and ayf and aau circuit 365. They're in the 7th and 8th grade. We're originally from the Mooresville/Statesville area but for the last 2 years we've had 4 coaches 2 from Forsyth, 1 from Guilford and 1 from Davidson contact us about how they are elevate my boys and have them primed to be college ready. Now as a former collegiate football player I will admit. Who coaches my son's matter to me. Who develops them and teaches them the right way means alot. So if I had to choose between Grimsley or Page or Reagan or Oak Grove. I'm going with Grimsley strictly because I see the growth and how the program is built and successful. So parents just want their child to be in the best position for success

The point is all of the schools have player movement and transfers. You stated only two schools get transfers when that’s not true. I have a few examples but there’s plenty more I can name of course.
Well duh kids are transferring to other schools beyond the two I named but for the most the two I named are getting the highest quality and quantity of kids transferring in!

Reactions: FootballThanos2023
Our current state of affairs is part of the reason the younger generations have an obsession with instant gratification. It's both a cause and a symptom. It definitely isn't helping teach young people valuable life lessons.

"I don't like my coach" = transfer.
"my school doesn't have turf" = transfer.
"I want flashy uniforms/helmets" = transfer.
"I think its neat for the lights to flash after we score" = transfer.
"I want to win more games" = transfer.

Where in this are we teaching young men that you need to earn anything? Fundraise more, practice more, talk to your teammates to help motivate them. What happens when this generation gets married, starts a family, and life happens? Right now they are learning to just change the scenery and everything will be better. Are we really using athletics to teach life lessons or do we just say that to make us feel good?
This is the worry I have in HS athletics. I'll be booed for saying it but I truly believe this started with AAU baseball and basketball. Travel ball grew so big that school ball became less important, but Football hasn't had that so the mindset of jumping from travel ball team to team is the equivalent to transferring schools. There are many moving parts and plenty of those parts have blame but how does it stop? How do we make the pride of your community important enough not to leave. The notion that this coach helps me get recruited better is overplayed. I'm not saying some coaches don't work harder than others in getting their players recruited but I'm saying that with technology being what it is now it makes it easier to not be overlooked. In my experience when college coaches come to a school they always ask if there is anyone else in the area and I have never met a coach not willing to name a kid worthy from another school. Also for the most part coaches are going to multiple schools in the area not just the 1 school. Unless it is later in the recruiting process and they are bringing the big guns in to see their top guys. Also to all the adults allowing all of it youth, hs, and college, what are we teaching kids?

same for High point Andrews great school through ebout 2010 now armpit
Western Guilford good school til mid 2000's now terrible
Southern Guilford good school til early 2000's now terrible
Southwest good school but not trending in right way
Northwest guilford good country school til about 20 years ago now rich entitled pricks

There are transfers in Guilford County all the time. Like most it can be academic related. But how about the ones that are not and just for sports related? I can bet you there is a kid on a team right now that transferred in that's not academic related?

There are transfers in Guilford County all the time. Like most it can be academic related. But how about the ones that are not and just for sports related? I can bet you there is a kid on a team right now that transferred in that's not academic related?
Most transfers in Guilford use academics to transfer for sports such as joining JROTC or something like that

Reactions: FootballThanos2023
Most transfers in Guilford use academics to transfer for sports such as joining JROTC or something like that
You hit the nail on the head. I totally agree with that. Or they use an academy or something a school doesn't have to move there. But if you think about it I saw where GCS had a date set aside for students who want to go to certain schools that offer a program that's not at their school can sign up on that day. Correct me if I am wrong.

You hit the nail on the head. I totally agree with that. Or they use an academy or something a school doesn't have to move there. But if you think about it I saw where GCS had a date set aside for students who want to go to certain schools that offer a program that's not at their school can sign up on that day. Correct me if I am wrong.
I'm not sure but your probably correct

What about the Hawaii kid, how did he get to page? 6000 miles is long way to get some education. By the way I am back from hip surgery. I miss you guys. If you have good hips, cherish them...LOL!

I just wanted to say hello to everyone. I have been out, I had hip replacement. I miss you cats! I hope everything is good!

Wow . Now I remember didn't Northern get in trouble with basketball and baseball? Didn't know about Wow factor. That must be now. Money issues that doesn't sound good to be a head coach of a high school. Now I have to do some checking .

Wow . Now I remember didn't Northern get in trouble with basketball and baseball? Didn't know about Wow factor. That must be now. Money issues that doesn't sound good to be a head coach of a high school. Now I have to do some checking .
don't think they got in trouble for baseball it was mainly the basketball coach....football coach did his fair share of recruiting as well but never got busted.....I wanna be clear....kids coming to a school for better opportunities I am all for (I didnt want this post to sound like I was talking out of both sides of my mouth). Northern had a great run then!!! fun to watch

I think he got busted with the money at another organization....pretty sure he might have stopped by Greensboro day school as a coach as well....don't quote me. Anyone know what happens to Greensboro Days old coach Buddy Walker?

I think he got busted with the money at another organization....pretty sure he might have stopped by Greensboro day school as a coach as well....don't quote me. Anyone know what happens to Greensboro Days old coach Buddy Walker?
Bethany Community School

Who is the kid that is at Page that came from Hawaii? Is he good ,to come from Hawaii he probably not good. Why would anybody leave paradise to come Greensboro Nc. That don't sound right.

• Haha
Reactions: 2Grine
Who is the kid that is at Page that came from Hawaii? Is he good ,to come from Hawaii he probably not good. Why would anybody leave paradise to come Greensboro Nc. That don't sound right.
Ain’t no one moving from Hawaii to play baseball at page…..now he might be originally from hawaii but baseball wise there are a lot better schools than page if your moving that far

Ain’t no one moving from Hawaii to play baseball at page…..now he might be originally from hawaii but baseball wise there are a lot better schools than page if your moving that far
I went on MaxPreps and looked at the roster don't know which kid but there is a kid name that stands out that might be from Hawaii. Not trying to be disrespectful. If it's the kid that I saw he is a junior.

First time I'm hearing of this baseball player from Hawaii. Most likely its not some high profile prospect or anything crazy, like most of yall are assuming. This family probably didnt move to Greensboro solely for Baseball... If that was the case, they probably should have moved to a better baseball area, somewhere in California or Texas..... Some of you guys fail to realize that Greensboro has many large corporations and high paying jobs (and rapidly growing), for example, they could have moved to Greensboro for an aerospace engineering job at Honda Jet at the airport and moved into Page's district. Page has two of the wealthiest neighborhoods in Greensboro, Irving Park (Old and New), and Lake Jeanette.

First time I'm hearing of this baseball player from Hawaii. Most likely its not some high profile prospect or anything crazy, like most of yall are assuming. This family probably didnt move to Greensboro solely for Baseball... If that was the case, they probably should have moved to a better baseball area, somewhere in California or Texas..... Some of you guys fail to realize that Greensboro has many large corporations and high paying jobs (and rapidly growing), for example, they could have moved to Greensboro for an aerospace engineering job at Honda Jet at the airport and moved into Page's district. Page has two of the wealthiest neighborhoods in Greensboro, Irving Park (Old and New), and Lake Jeanette.
You have it all wrong. They have some of the top Polynesian broads in Greensboro throwing flames and shaking temptations. They will perform at any event. Prices vary!

• Haha
Reactions: PagePirates44
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT