ADVERTISEMENT

Guilford County transfers

open enrollment is a great solution and will help combat charter and private schools. Much like sending students who are good at certain things to certain academy's such as (art,music,automotive,FFA, ect)
Oh yeah such a great solution- Go ask Carver how that solution is. went from a solid 3A program to 1A OK program.

Forfeit of games , fine , could lead to a dismissal of a coach. At least that's what happened in Guilford County where under cover transfers fines their way to schools and you scratch your head and how did that happen? It's going on now. Transfer portal. At least in Forsyth County they have open enrollment if I am correct on that. Let me know if I am wrong.

Forfeit of games , fine , could lead to a dismissal of a coach. At least that's what happened in Guilford County where under cover transfers fines their way to schools and you scratch your head and how did that happen? It's going on now. Transfer portal. At least in Forsyth County they have open enrollment if I am correct on that. Let me know if I am wrong.
only forfeiting of games I can remember was Northern Basketball with coach stan.....has there been any since then? crazy thing was the football team never got touched

only forfeiting of games I can remember was Northern Basketball with coach stan.....has there been any since then? crazy thing was the football team never got touched
Didn't something happen at Page last year or 2 years ago ? And you are right nothing did happen to the football team. If my memory serves me right I think the baseball team at northern had some problems too around that time. Do you remember who the baseball coach was at that time?

Didn't something happen at Page last year or 2 years ago ? And you are right nothing did happen to the football team. If my memory serves me right I think the baseball team at northern had some problems too around that time. Do you remember who the baseball coach was at that time?
I think we discussed this on another thread but it was Johnny Smith and Justin Smith...Justin is now at page

Page Football had to forfeit 3 wins in 2018, under then Coach Rolfes, for academic ineligibilities.
Not last year or 2 years ago... and not because of transfers...

Last edited:
I went to Greensboro Sports and typed forfeit into the search bar and this is what I found, i dont see anything about Page basketball

2023 Team(New Bern Bears) that beat Grimsley Whirlies in 2022 NCHSAA Football 4-A State Championship Game must forfeit all wins from season
2022 Myers Park Mustangs from Charlotte, must Forfeit All of their football games from the 2021 Fall Football Season
2022 Dudley Panthers boys basketball forfeits game to Eastern Guilford on Friday night to avoid missing Postseason Play
2018 N&R Reporting Page HS will have to Forfeit Three Football Games from this season: Davie County, Northern Guilford and Dudley games

I went to Greensboro Sports and typed forfeit into the search bar and this is what I found, i dont see anything about Page basketball

2023 Team(New Bern Bears) that beat Grimsley Whirlies in 2022 NCHSAA Football 4-A State Championship Game must forfeit all wins from season
2022 Myers Park Mustangs from Charlotte, must Forfeit All of their football games from the 2021 Fall Football Season
2022 Dudley Panthers boys basketball forfeits game to Eastern Guilford on Friday night to avoid missing Postseason Play
2018 N&R Reporting Page HS will have to Forfeit Three Football Games from this season: Davie County, Northern Guilford and Dudley games
Type in Greensboro sports page forfeits basketball games. . feb 4

Reactions: nwguilford007
Type in Greensboro sports page forfeits basketball games. . feb 4
Nothing is coming up, not even while doing a Google search either.... If you would like to find it, and link it here. Go ahead. But, unless I am just blind, it doesn't seem like there is an article on there about it. Nothing on the Greensboro News & Record either.

I'm not implying that Page didn't forfeit basketball games, because we did in 2022-2023 season, (you can see it on MaxPreps). But, like I said, I don't know why the games were forfeited, and it doesn't seem to be officially reported anywhere either. I also, don't really care that much. I can barely keep up with the football team these days... let alone, basketball, and all the other sports.

I do know that the coach we had that season is no longer with us. We have moved on. Our current coach is a gentleman that I went to school with at Page, and he is a great guy (Coach Brandon Harris). He has Page's best interests at heart and isn't one of those guys who likes to bring players in off the AAU circuit, for instant gratification. He is building the Page Men's Basketball program the right way.

Last edited:
Reactions: PagePirate1989
I'm not implying that Page didn't forfeit basketball games, because we did in 2022-2023 season, (you can see it on MaxPreps). But, like I said, I don't know why the games were forfeited, and it doesn't seem to be officially reported anywhere either. I also, don't really care that much. I can barely keep up with the football team these days... let alone, basketball, and all the other sports.

I do know that the coach we had that season is no longer with us. We have moved on. Our current coach is a gentleman that I went to school with at Page, and he is a great guy (Coach Brandon Harris). He has Page's best interests at heart and isn't one of those guys who likes to bring players in off the AAU circuit, for instant gratification. He is building the Page Men's Basketball program the right way.
I’m sure when a transfer knocks on his door if he hasn’t already he will gladly take him like any coach will do…..

no idea....what have u heard?
Mr Smith showed his butt last night. Got thrown out of the game. What I am hearing 2nd time and also confined to the dugout 2 other times. Embarrassing. Someone needs to let him know high school baseball ain't the big leagues. Not a good look . Been around a long time Mr. Rusty Lee would not put up with that. Probably would be gone . Just my take .

Mr Smith showed his butt last night. Got thrown out of the game. What I am hearing 2nd time and also confined to the dugout 2 other times. Embarrassing. Someone needs to let him know high school baseball ain't the big leagues. Not a good look . Been around a long time Mr. Rusty Lee would not put up with that. Probably would be gone . Just my take .
Old ball coach, sounds like you got an axe to grind, don’t go overboard here.

Old ball coach, sounds like you got an axe to grind, don’t go overboard here.
There has been multiple posts regarding Coach Smith and baseball transfers, as well as baseball talk that is not relevant to this board. Please either have them keep it on topic or close the thread.

There has been multiple posts regarding Coach Smith and baseball transfers, as well as baseball talk that is not relevant to this board. Please either have them keep it on topic or close the thread.
Its amazing how some posters get up here and say the craziest things. As soon as someone talks about certain things or about certain topics or even talks about transferring of kids or whatever a topic is imposed it's a problem to some on here. I have no ax to grind with no one. I could care less about whoever. I am just talking about what's going on in the area. Get out your feelings . I haven't sworn or used profanity like some do on here but it seems that some on here have a problem with what I say . I have been on here where posters just talked trash about Grimsley and East Forsyth and Coaches. Tell you what I don't have to post anymore I will sit back and let you guys cherry pick topics that makes you happy. Smh

Its amazing how some posters get up here and say the craziest things. As soon as someone talks about certain things or about certain topics or even talks about transferring of kids or whatever a topic is imposed it's a problem to some on here. I have no ax to grind with no one. I could care less about whoever. I am just talking about what's going on in the area. Get out your feelings . I haven't sworn or used profanity like some do on here but it seems that some on here have a problem with what I say . I have been on here where posters just talked trash about Grimsley and East Forsyth and Coaches. Tell you what I don't have to post anymore I will sit back and let you guys cherry pick topics that makes you happy. Smh
You can talk about kids transferring all you want, but it needs to be about FOOTBALL. not baseball or basketball......

As a baseball follower of Guildford County baseball, I was wondering who's the baseball player that plays for Page. I see he's one top players in the Metro Conference. He's in the Top Ten in several stats. Will he beat out B. Johnson, J. Parsons, or O. Robinson for Player of the Year.

• Haha
Reactions: PagePirates44
All this talk about transfers but in Guilford County kids/parents are only transferring to two schools Grimsley or Dudley and that decision is solely based on what type of school environment you want your kid to be apart of. I say all that to say this it’s funny how kids only want to go to those two schools based off popularity, but if your kid was a really good player they would be willing to go to a sub-par team HPC, Smith, or a Ragsdale and make a name for themselves instead of having to live in the shadows of the names that came before them! I also think it’s sad/crazy seeing kids transfer to these schools only to be backups when they were starters at their previous schools. Don’t BUY THE HYPE!
We wasn't saying this back in the 80's and 90's when Page was the Hot Spot for Football! Or Northern in Basketball & Football back during the TJ Logan, Keenan Allen days. Now it's a problem!!! Mmmmm!!!

We wasn't saying this back in the 80's and 90's when Page was the Hot Spot for Football! Or Northern in Basketball & Football back during the TJ Logan, Keenan Allen days. Now it's a problem!!! Mmmmm!!!
Or how about the tons of Students {Non-Black} that transferred from NE Guilford to Northern Guilford and W. Guilford to NW Guilford? It don't take a rocket scientist to figure out why they ripped their kids from those schools in the last 15 years.

As a baseball follower of Guildford County baseball, I was wondering who's the baseball player that plays for Page. I see he's one top players in the Metro Conference. He's in the Top Ten in several stats. Will he beat out B. Johnson, J. Parsons, or O. Robinson for Player of the Year.
you talking about the boy from Hawaii who I committed to South Carolina? he is a stud. Dad played for mets

Reactions: inspectorgadget1969
Or how about the tons of Students {Non-Black} that transferred from NE Guilford to Northern Guilford and W. Guilford to NW Guilford? It don't take a rocket scientist to figure out why they ripped their kids from those schools in the last 15 years.
who has transferred from western to Nw? I'm sure there is some but just wondering who? I do know western lost two studs to page in 2011 (Jacob Green and Junior forgot his last name)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT