ADVERTISEMENT

Lincolnton Coaching Search

Truth. In effect, they fuel a misinformation campaign started by those who demanded access to the shiny school. Realtors use it to this day to sell houses. Sadly, from my experience, the "flight" to those schools, and the publicly funded private school have roots in racism. They used veiled language...gangs, "inner city", etc...to paint a completely inaccurate picture. It doesn't matter that their position is wrong. Then the powers that be cater to the ridiculous idea by finding ways to help them escape the actual jewel of their system.

Our county administration sit and cheer as one band plays Dixie over and over, and students wave Confederate Flags that they've packed into the stadium.

It's a sad reality that the lies have worked.

As the sun rises on another day in LTown, I can't help but shout in my soul "It's a great day to be a Wolf!"
Sounds very familiar.

Yessir, I think you know that whole song. It's a sad one, and nobody really wants to hear it, but...
I have been saying this, but it would not surprise me to see us fall to the 1A ranks. A new school would all but ensure that happens.

I have been saying this, but it would not surprise me to see us fall to the 1A ranks. A new school would all but ensure that happens.
Sadly, I agree. I think we could learn some stuff from our Northern Neighbors. Celebrate tradition, but use every device possible to attract today's student athletes. You can't just shout *Tradition!", and expect teenagers to get excited. Maybe you never could, but in the old days they had no choice about where to attend. They surely do now. If blow up tunnels, music, uniforms, cool helmets, or fireworks do the trick ...we'd better learn the tricks. "Back to the way it used to be", is a fail, if you ask me. And you didn't, lol.

Reactions: Wolf4Lyfe
Sadly, I agree. I think we could learn some stuff from our Northern Neighbors. Celebrate tradition, but use every device possible to attract today's student athletes. You can't just shout *Tradition!", and expect teenagers to get excited. Maybe you never could, but in the old days they had no choice about where to attend. They surely do now. If blow up tunnels, music, uniforms, cool helmets, or fireworks do the trick ...we'd better learn the tricks. "Back to the way it used to be", is a fail, if you ask me. And you didn't, lol.
I could not agree more. With the new field turf being put in there is a great opportunity to make some improvements to the stadium and game day experience. I would love to see us pick a jersey brand and stick with it whether that is Nike, Under Armour, Adidas, etc. rather than wearing Russell jersey's with under armour pants. An updated field house would not hurt either, a complex like what Shelby is doing would certainly set us apart from our other friends in the county.

I could not agree more. With the new field turf being put in there is a great opportunity to make some improvements to the stadium and game day experience. I would love to see us pick a jersey brand and stick with it whether that is Nike, Under Armour, Adidas, etc. rather than wearing Russell jersey's with under armour pants. An updated field house would not hurt either, a complex like what Shelby is doing would certainly set us apart from our other friends in the county.
Agreed.
Example: The baseball coach is making big changes at the field, with unis, the scoreboard, flagpole, , etc ... I've heard criticism from some of the old guard, but he seems undeterred. We need that in all sports, but especially football, as it fuels, funds, and informs much of the athletic program.

Find out what the kids like. Inasmuch as you can...get it. Advertise your good stuff. They aren't interested in 1985, 1995, 2005 or 2015.

Last edited:
So you like all our cool stuff 🤣. And our great variety of uniform options 😁. Y'all better hope we never are able to convince the county to let us have turf lol. Which is stupid we could find the turf without county money.

Why would they move Bandy to Sherrill ford I mean that have lesser students go to Bandys imo unless they get a bigger area
Bandys school is old and decrepit. At some point a new high school will have to be built. And the money and growth is in sherrills Ford so that's where the new high school will go. I figure the students closer to highway 16 will be moved into Maiden School district and the rest will go to the new high School in sherrills Ford when it happens. Maiden is probably the only high School in the county that has the size for growth of students.

@citylunch guru speaking of Snyder. Snyder was brought in as a placeholder for Willie. Coach brown told me back when all this happened, that when will he first applied for head coaching job Maiden wanted him and he had the backing of everybody.. but with his age they didn't know if he could handle coach McCree at that point. Coach McCree was really a tough hard as nails personality and they were worried that really would have a little bit of trouble at the beginning with that. But also Snyder wasn't supposed to stay as long as he did he kind of refused to leave because of the talent at Maiden at that point. But after that you know the rest is history LOL.

So you like all our cool stuff 🤣. And our great variety of uniform options 😁. Y'all better hope we never are able to convince the county to let us have turf lol. Which is stupid we could find the turf without county money.
I do like your cool stuff. I even like your blue jersey wall. If y'all would get LED lights like Newton, you'd put us all out of business. Y'all shined up. Shiny sells today! The led down marker goes too far.

If school attendance lines mattered, we could ignore you, and wear Russell jerseys with Levi's, lol.

Word is, were installing a tunnel with our turf. The team will emerge from the Logo at the fifty, carrying sparklers and shooting roman candles.

Last edited:
I do like your cool stuff. I even like your blue jersey wall. If y'all would get LED lights like Newton, you'd put us all out of business. Y'all shined up. Shiny sells today! The led down marker goes too far.

If school attendance lines mattered, we could ignore you, and wear Russell jerseys with Levi's, lol.

Word is, were installing a tunnel with our turf. The team will emerge from the Logo at the fifty, carrying sparklers and shooting roman candles.
If I can get a new addition added to our entrance I want. That would be the nail in the coffin ⚰️ 🤣🤣

Word is, that the turfing project will originate at the West End of the County, and progress Eastward. West being first is no surprise. Just hoping they don't skip us headed East!

Reactions: Lincolnton
All you're missing is a bouncy house and laser beams. And Black and Gold flags.
The last thing I want to add will make everybody that comes to Thomas e Brown stadium feel like they are in hell for a moment and we come out of the tunnel and smoke 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Lincolnton
So why is there much hate for Lincolnton by the "Powers at Be" I would assume Lincolnton HS was the very first HS within the area so there a lot of tradtion n such so why would they hate on that?

First question is..Do we even have a teaching position open or should we say teaching positions open for a full time coach? Or do you have to settle for a part coach(s)?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT