ADVERTISEMENT

Lincolnton Coaching Search

Concerned parent...this whole thing has been kept quite and seems no one knows where our program is heading??? Said I would never join and express how we feel, but enough in enough

Concerned parent...this whole thing has been kept quite and seems no one knows where our program is heading??? Said I would never join and express how we feel, but enough in enough
Enough of what, mayI ask? Coaches come and go all the time. , All personnel decisions are kept quiet...until time to make them public. Just what are you concerned with? And you didn't join, then ask for info. Nope, you joined, and are trying to paint a picture of wrongdoing of some sort. What does the number of candidates interviewed expose that causes you concern?

And please, who is this "we" that you represent?

And, in seriousness, this still is not the place to procure this prized information by which to plan your future. The Principal holds the information, and I don't think he's on the message boards.

Last edited:
Reactions: crestrulz
Enough of what, mayI ask? Coaches come and go all the time. , All personnel decisions are kept quiet...until time to make them public. Just what are you concerned with? And you didn't join, then ask for info. Nope, you joined, and are trying to paint a picture of wrongdoing of some sort. What does the number of candidates interviewed expose that causes you concern?

And, in seriousness, this still is not the place to procure this prized information by which to plan your future. The Principal holds the information, and I don't think he's on the message boards.
Please, not another royal pronoun!

You must know more then you are willing to share???? Our last three hires were never kept this quiet...are you involved?

Always, you started out treating the newbie with a little respect or was it mockery.
Ha! Not sure myself, 78. The newbie seems to be here to cause some trouble. "We" seems to have some inside info that "we" ain't sharing past "we's" sudden concern with the process. "We" seems to think there's something fishy with the process?

Now, The process may be completely screwy, but "we" ain't saying anything to back it up .. then "we" poses as a concerned parent speaking for a bunch of concerned parents, who wants answers, lol. And comes to a message board to shine the light.

Know what? Mockery it is.

"We" needs to go to Admin, or the BOE, or the NCHSAA. Funny stuff.

Last edited:
You must know more then you are willing to share???? Our last three hires were never kept this quiet...are you involved?
You know all that I know, Fan. I will find out about this hire the same as with the last 3... When it's announced, lol.

Involved? Nope. You make it sound illegal.

I'm a parent, too. Anxiously awaiting an announcement! And ready to support the next coach of the Lincolnton Wolves...just like with the past ...er...5. And nobody asked me about any one of them,lol.

But, Fan 1, there's a couple of posters on here naming names, maybe they are "involved" and can help you.

Last edited:
We don't know any names, just heard three people were interviewed and one of them being from the current staff...guessing that is Angle. Does anyone know anything about who was on the interviewing committee? Maybe they can give us some more insight...

Ha! Not sure myself, 78. The newbie seems to be here to cause some trouble. "We" seems to have some inside info that "we" ain't sharing past "we's" sudden concern with the process. "We" seems to think there's something fishy with the process?

Now, The process may be completely screwy, but "we" ain't saying anything to back it up .. then "we" poses as a concerned parent speaking for a bunch of concerned parents, who wants answers, lol. And comes to a message board to shine the light.

Know what? Mockery it is.

"We" needs to go to Admin, or the BOE, or the NCHSAA. Funny stuff.
We being my husband and me that you...AlwaysAWolf???

Reactions: AlwaysAWolf
Here's what we've unearthed, so far.

100+ applicants

3+ interviewed

Possible applicants mentioned:
Mike Byus
Jaden Angle
Nick Saban
Matt Beam
Marty Holbrook
LHSFaninVA
Greg Pound

I may have missed someone.

I'm not sure if our investigative skills are exactly top-notch, but there it is.

They need a guy who understands Lincolnton HS. Lincoln county is growing esp North Lincoln area area and I bet in near future west Lincoln area could possibly grow. Right now East Lincoln is best school in county if u just wanna talk Football rn and EL has a ton of talent ; I’m not sure how district lines work there but I’m sure there could be a few kid there at EL could be at Lincolnton but Biggest thing for me is Grow the program and I would start from ground up and they need guy will stay 4-5 year and build onto what already there n history n tradition and etc

Hopefully they find the “Right” guy this time around

Reactions: AlwaysAWolf
I think it is a shame that I didn't get an interview. I have spoken to one of the "other possible candidates" and saw another one in the past week. Didn't bring it up? I was still upset.

As for EL and talent, I know a parent who is planning on sending her son to EL to play football. I know the entire family is LHS and if anything probably should be NL. You do you if football is the priority. That is all I will say about that. Well, that is unless I am hired then I am convinced I could keep her kids at Lincolnton.

I know there were more than 3 coaches interviewed. One coming for Asheville. I will say that LHS could be a great spot if the new coach can keep it's current players and build a program that's appealing to the players. The cross town rival EL just won the 3A state title and LHS played them pretty well. If you can get a player or two from EL and a transfer from Charlotte you could really make some noise.

I think it is a shame that I didn't get an interview. I have spoken to one of the "other possible candidates" and saw another one in the past week. Didn't bring it up? I was still upset.

As for EL and talent, I know a parent who is planning on sending her son to EL to play football. I know the entire family is LHS and if anything probably should be NL. You do you if football is the priority. That is all I will say about that. Well, that is unless I am hired then I am convinced I could keep her kids at Lincolnton.
I'd use my influence to get you that interview if I hadn't spent all my resources and clout hiding the names of the people on the interview team.
I think it's pretty crappy how they've treated you, to be honest.

Who'd you run into? It was that danged Saban, wasn't it? Smug old fart, he is.

Happy New Year!

It won't be long until this thread is kaput, and we have all the answers we seek. I guess then we can turn our collective attention to research other pressing questions

I can hear the announcer now in lincolnton's on the 3-3-5 defense, Maiden hands the ball off to the outside for 12 yards again. Then when lincolnton's on offense for the air raid, announcers going to be saying and the quarterback takes another sack 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I can hear the announcer now in lincolnton's on the 3-3-5 defense, Maiden hands the ball off to the outside for 12 yards again. Then when lincolnton's on offense for the air raid, announcers going to be saying and the quarterback takes another sack 🤣🤣🤣🤣
What is this drivel? Explains why I just saw Lincolnton burning rubber headed North ...

• Love
Reactions: Lincolnton
Just got back from meeting a source ...the head coach will be named soon. The head coach will be a football guy. The head coach has committed to play if his team makes the playoffs! Look for a name any week, now
The board meeting is the 17th so a coach should be named her soon

What is this drivel? Explains why I just saw Lincolnton burning rubber headed North ...
That's right my friend, some things just cross the line. I have to confess though it really wasn't any rubber burning since this Prius of mine isn't up to it. I have a DVD of the Beach Boys classic "409" (The early 60's Chevrolet engine, not the all-purpose cleaner). I put all the windows down, turn the entertainment system up to maximum volume and the Intro of the song creates a high torque sound effect. I'm pretty sure that if I actually had one of those old muscle cars it would be my quick-ticket to Warlick's or the rest home, whichever came first. For some strange reason it doesn't seem like a bad exit, Going out in style in an 62 Impala. It's a Lincolnton thing, which I know you know. :)

Was really hoping we would hear something today...
IF a decision has been made, we most likely will not hear of it until the next school board meeting. Who knows, administration could still be holding interviews to assure they make a sound decision.

Reactions: Lincolnton
That's right my friend, some things just cross the line. I have to confess though it really wasn't any rubber burning since this Prius of mine isn't up to it. I have a DVD of the Beach Boys classic "409" (The early 60's Chevrolet engine, not the all-purpose cleaner). I put all the windows down, turn the entertainment system up to maximum volume and the Intro of the song creates a high torque sound effect. I'm pretty sure that if I actually had one of those old muscle cars it would be my quick-ticket to Warlick's or the rest home, whichever came first. For some strange reason it doesn't seem like a bad exit, Going out in style in an 62 Impala. It's a Lincolnton thing, which I know you know. :)

Very groovy, Mister Lincolnton , very cool.

Reactions: Maiden Creek

The scent of rubber burning Mr. Lincolnton is unlike anything. So, I was heading to the Moose Lodge this evening and I ran out of gas in my 83 Dodge Ram up in Maxton, NC on the other side of the tracks. So I had to walk the mile to the nearest gas station to pick up some beer & scratchers.

IF a decision has been made, we most likely will not hear of it until the next school board meeting. Who knows, administration could still be holding interviews to assure they make a sound decision.
So, is there precedent for announcing hires before the hire is approved? Seems unlikely to me. Personally, I think we are treading water until the Board meets on the 17th. And, you are right W4L, admin could still be deciding on the final name.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT