ADVERTISEMENT

Lincolnton Coaching Search

The scent of rubber burning Mr. Lincolnton is unlike anything. So, I was heading to the Moose Lodge this evening and I ran out of gas in my 83 Dodge Ram up in Maxton, NC on the other side of the tracks. So I had to walk the mile to the nearest gas station to pick up some beer & scratchers.
Maxton! I once noticed and followed some skydivers above US74,, and ran up on the Maxton Airport. Quite a visual, to suddenly see 747s thru the pine trees!

So, is there precedent for announcing hires before the hire is approved? Seems unlikely to me. Personally, I think we are treading water until the Board meets on the 17th. And, you are right W4L, admin could still be deciding on the final name.
Not precedent for official releases before board approval. But usually always a leak of the name before hand. Really surprised of the tight lips on here with this one. Though there could have been some clues in some of these comments LOL 🤣

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Once hearing that David Tepper had made contact with John Harbaugh, the Principal and Superintendent both contacted John and issued him an offer the Panthers can't match.
You mean Jim. Contacting John would be a violation as John is under contract with the Ravens and the Panthers need all the draft picks they can get. I believe Lincolnton could and should contact both Harbaugh brothers.

Back to the Panthers I heard that it was Wilks was the real architect of that 15-1 season defense. He got a raw deal in Arizona because the Cardinals saw something in a 6-6 Klff Klingsbury. I mean it is easy to also say now, but the Matt Rhule was a bad hire from the start. Why not give Wilks the full-time job? He made them at least competitive in the NFC South. If not then Wilks can come on over to Lincolnton.

Always a Wolf- I need an edit to the potential job offers to include the Harbaugh Brothers and Steve Wilks.

Maxton! I once noticed and followed some skydivers above US74,, and ran up on the Maxton Airport. Quite a visual, to suddenly see 747s thru the pine trees!
Maxton stands between Scotland High School and Purnell Swett High School where my mighty Rams reside sir.

Dem boys bees jumping high from the sky papa. You would never know who dem boys is. They could be Special Forces or Delta Force. Civilians do not have any sort of Disney Fast Pass to that compound. Remember dat building OSAMA Bin Laden lived in near Crackastand sir, welp dem Navy Seals made an equivalent mirror image building of it in a secret location in NC - in preparation that lead to the kill.

Maxton, has been the Elites training bubble for a while. I once flew in a 747, a C-130, a C-41, a C-5, and a C-17. By the way Mr. AlwaysAWolf, if you is ah-wondering wut the "C" stands for sir, it stands for "Cargo"

Glad you had a chance to see dem my cousin.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maiden Creek
The head coach steps down citing stress and long work hours.... So you're telling me it's like every other job in every town doing anything at all 🤣🤣🤣 lawyer stress and long work hours, doctor, stress and long work hours, teacher stress and long work hours, salesperson, stress and long work hours, policeman stress and long work hours, 🤣🤣🤣

The head coach steps down citing stress and long work hours.... So you're telling me it's like every other job in every town doing anything at all 🤣🤣🤣 lawyer stress and long work hours, doctor, stress and long work hours, teacher stress and long work hours, salesperson, stress and long work hours, policeman stress and long work hours, 🤣🤣🤣
And all those pay more than a coaching supplement. And he is a teacher. I know a number of teachers, police, salespeople and at least one Doc who have shut it down for the same reasons. Never knew a lawyer tho, lol Could cite multiple coaches who gave up multimillions for same reason. Sean McVey may join em.

I've taken a position or 2 that caused more stress than they were worth, myself. Quit the ones I could live without.

Not sure why this positioning is laughable, but it looks like it struck your funnybone hard, Big C.

Reactions: Lincolnton

Would you work 3 pm-7 or 8 3 nights a week, 3 pm-midnight 2 more nights from August-November/December, then several afternoons in the spring, several hours over the summer, mixed with having to find time to maintain a field, wash laundry, manage equipment etc for maybe $3000 if you're lucky in many areas while sacrificing time with your family and health?

The people that do it are selfless but dang it don't get pissed or be a jerk when they start quitting because it isn't worth the stress.

Folks like you are the problem.

BREAKING NEWS Coach Jaden Angle is our next Head Coach...heard from very reliable source...and our interview committee members were our principal, AD, wrestling mom, athletic trainer and someone from the central office...Coach Jaden Angle is our next head coach

Reactions: burnsbulldogtweeter
Maxton stands between Scotland High School and Purnell Swett High School where my mighty Rams reside sir.

Dem boys bees jumping high from the sky papa. You would never know who dem boys is. They could be Special Forces or Delta Force. Civilians do not have any sort of Disney Fast Pass to that compound. Remember dat building OSAMA Bin Laden lived in near Crackastand sir, welp dem Navy Seals made an equivalent mirror image building of it in a secret location in NC - in preparation that lead to the kill.

Maxton, has been the Elites training bubble for a while. I once flew in a 747, a C-130, a C-41, a C-5, and a C-17. By the way Mr. AlwaysAWolf, if you is ah-wondering wut the "C" stands for sir, it stands for "Cargo"

I have a Fed friend who has clued me into some of the stuff that happens there, but you paint an even cooler picture. Imma take that exit next time I'm down there again. Surreal. You can sense there's stuff of gravity going on here, just from riding by... I stopped my truck to look, but I felt like I wasn't alone, so I moved on slowly as I tried to figure out what I was looking at. Cool place.

I'd love to have seen some of that equipment arriving to it's "home".

Thanks for your service!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: -SWETT2VICTORY-

Joint Special Operations Command Headquarters is located on Fort Bragg. Even for people stationed at Bragg, JSOC makes it known do not turn on our road if you have no business being here...

Reactions: -SWETT2VICTORY-
You mean Jim. Contacting John would be a violation as John is under contract with the Ravens and the Panthers need all the draft picks they can get. I believe Lincolnton could and should contact both Harbaugh brothers.

Back to the Panthers I heard that it was Wilks was the real architect of that 15-1 season defense. He got a raw deal in Arizona because the Cardinals saw something in a 6-6 Klff Klingsbury. I mean it is easy to also say now, but the Matt Rhule was a bad hire from the start. Why not give Wilks the full-time job? He made them at least competitive in the NFC South. If not then Wilks can come on over to Lincolnton.

Always a Wolf- I need an edit to the potential job offers to include the Harbaugh Brothers and Steve Wilks.
I thought those guys were in the "understood" column. Now that Fan is making their announcement, it's not worth the ink to add them.

I think you still have an outside shot, tho.

Reactions: LHSfaninVA
Joint Special Operations Command Headquarters is located on Fort Bragg. Even for people stationed at Bragg, JSOC makes it known do not turn on our road if you have no business being here...
That is correct sir. Some civilians usually have to attend classes to understand this language. Otherwise, they thank they bees owning the world.

Reactions: AlwaysAWolf
Butner Rd (next to Pope).
Gotcha. I was thinking of the Delta compound, I think. Or at least what the sign indicates. How would one know for sure, with an outfit that didn't exist for the first 25 years it existed, lol.

Last edited:
They need a guy who understands Lincolnton HS. Lincoln county is growing esp North Lincoln area area and I bet in near future west Lincoln area could possibly grow. Right now East Lincoln is best school in county if u just wanna talk Football rn and EL has a ton of talent ; I’m not sure how district lines work there but I’m sure there could be a few kid there at EL could be at Lincolnton but Biggest thing for me is Grow the program and I would start from ground up and they need guy will stay 4-5 year and build onto what already there n history n tradition and etc

Hopefully they find the “Right” guy this time around
90°

Gotcha. I was thinking of the Delta compound, I think. Or at least what the sign indicates. How would one know for sure, with an outfit that didn't exist for the first 25 years it existed, lol.
Yes, I have heard of which you speak of and I haven't been out in that direction in a good 15 years or so and I hope to keep that streak intact.

BREAKING NEWS Coach Jaden Angle is our next Head Coach...heard from very reliable source...and our interview committee members were our principal, AD, wrestling mom, athletic trainer and someone from the central office...Coach Jaden Angle is our next head coach
Interesting. Even more interesting committee members, if true.

I have a Fed friend who has clued me into some of the stuff that happens there, but you paint an even cooler picture. Imma take that exit next time I'm down there again. Surreal. You can sense there's stuff of gravity going on here, just from riding by... I stopped my truck to look, but I felt like I wasn't alone, so I moved on slowly as I tried to figure out what I was looking at. Cool place.

I'd love to have seen some of that equipment arriving to it's "home".

Thanks for your service!
Having a good network of friends in life is valuable.

Thank you sir

Yes, I have heard of which you speak of and I haven't been out in that direction in a good 15 years or so and I hope to keep that streak intact.
Ha! I think we should get a trip together. Could go thru Maxton and pick up a guy I know near Pernell Swett HS.

If we had a Prius to ride in ...

Last edited:
Ha! I think we should get a trip together. Could go thru Maxton and pick up a guy I know near Pernell Swett HS.

If we had a Prius to ride in ...
Yes, I can supply the Prius. It's clean, very economical, fairly comfortable and has such a good radio. Of course, I'm happy to assist.

There is something you should know, it's also a lightning rod for road rage. Honestly, it's peculiar how my fellow motorist hate it. For me, a guiding principle when things go wrong is to first look at myself. The older I get the slower I drive, but frankly, I never was a speedster. Until March of 2021 my POV was a 2003 Ford Expedition. Not once can I remember anyone riding my bumper because of my slow driving, blowing the horn and yelling obscenities, not once. At the risk of sounding boastful I'm a careful driver.

So, enter one casket gray Toyota Prius and things go to hades. every single week and usually on multiple occasions someone gives me the devil by hollering, tailgating, gesturing and always blowing the horn. In the mornings when I go out for coffee I wonder if there is a chance I WILL NOT provoke another driver.

Seriously, it's bad enough that I've had to develop methodical defenses when (not if, but when) drivers approach me after I've pulled into a parking lot to go into an establishment. Thank God, no one has tried to physically assault me as I'm too old to for that but I have had them come towards me yelling and cussing. One of my defenses when I'm driving in heavy traffic and having to stop for the light is to let my mouth hang open and lean real close to the steering wheel and just look straight. Usually they blow their horn real hateful and drive on.

Now, if they pull into the same parking where I'm getting out I pretend to have a real hard time getting out of my car and I make my hands and head jerk, then I shuffle towards the business I'm going into. If they're really mad and keep coming closer I do my coughing fit, and between the hacking and wheezing I lowly articulate cuss words as though I can't hardly catch my breath. I've never had anyone come any closer after I do that. They assume I'm going to vapor lock or that I'm infected. I'd recommend that to anybody over 65 who has a close encounter.

Lincolnton is my home. I grew up, here. I've served the people of Lincolnton and Lincoln county the entirety of my adult life and even though I'm retired now, I'll always serve them. It's who I am, and generally speaking, people here have been good to me and are very, very tolerant, so this is why I think it's my car and nothing personal. Why so many people hate a damned Prius is beyond me. It's a great car and you can drive for three weeks without filling up and rarely is the cost of fuel over 30 dollars, but people hate this thing.

Please indulge me for a moment and try to find time to click on the link below. It's a new movie or one about to be released starring Tom Hanks "A man called Otto". If you don't have time to watch the entire trailer please fast forward to the 30 second mark. Here, he is trying to teach a new neighbor how to drive when she almost runs into the back of a another car. Listen to what he Otto (Tom Hanks) says and you might have to freeze it to see it, but please also notice what kind of car they almost run into. :)

I'll be proud to ride shotgun with you. most of the bad vibes and words I attract, are very personal, and completely non-auto model based. we will basically piss off close to 100 percent of the people we meet. Thankfully, we will have Swett and VA with us for the physically challenging encounters.

I'll be proud to ride shotgun with you. most of the bad vibes and words I attract, are very personal, and completely non-auto model based. we will basically piss off close to 100 percent of the people we meet. Thankfully, we will have Swett and VA with us for the physically challenging encounters.
LOL, the people you dealt with, as tough as some of them were, know that you'll hit back.

When I was young, we dreamed of the days when cars would run on batteries, or hydrogen, or anything that wasn't gas. Gas lines and rationing made us want to be independent from fossil fuel.

Nowadays, that thinking makes you a bleeping liberal, worthy of derision and horn blowing. What a world!

Reactions: Lincolnton
Would you work 3 pm-7 or 8 3 nights a week, 3 pm-midnight 2 more nights from August-November/December, then several afternoons in the spring, several hours over the summer, mixed with having to find time to maintain a field, wash laundry, manage equipment etc for maybe $3000 if you're lucky in many areas while sacrificing time with your family and health?

The people that do it are selfless but dang it don't get pissed or be a jerk when they start quitting because it isn't worth the stress.

Folks like you are the problem.
No you get to pick what you do for a living. No one made you coach. If don't like the long hours and low pay Quit whining and do something else for a living. And believe me I'm not the problem, folks that want to relive the glory days and then get mad about what they getting paid are

Reactions: TheGreenHornet44
When I was young, we dreamed of the days when cars would run on batteries, or hydrogen, or anything that wasn't gas. Gas lines and rationing made us want to be independent from fossil fuel.

Nowadays, that thinking makes you a bleeping liberal, worthy of derision and horn blowing. What a world!
Yes sir, you're right... Maybe it would help if I got bumper sticker that reads "When it comes to politics I don't roll either way"... Had a bumper sticker awhile back that read "Student Driver" and another that read "Do you follow Jesus this close" ? They DID NOT work. I think the one about Jesus made them madder.

• Haha
Reactions: AlwaysAWolf
Yes sir, you're right... Maybe it would help if I got bumper sticker that reads "When it comes to politics I don't roll either way"... Had a bumper sticker awhile back that read "Student Driver" and another that read "Do you follow Jesus this close" ? They DID NOT work. I think the one about Jesus made them madder.
Best I remember, Jesus rode on an ass. Maybe they’re just trying to be more Christlike, my friend.

Best I remember, Jesus rode on an ass. Maybe they’re just trying to be more Christlike, my friend.
LOL, OC, lets see here, they do ride on my bumper and them being more Christlike would make me the, well, I get it. LOL, being the good man you are I know it was meant constructively, or maybe you've seen my party affiliation. I'll confess to both.😄

No you get to pick what you do for a living. No one made you coach. If don't like the long hours and low pay Quit whining and do something else for a living. And believe me I'm not the problem, folks that want to relive the glory days and then get mad about what they getting paid are
I taught and coached high school baseball in Virginia for 9 years before I took a leap of faith and got into sales. I agree BCH

LOL, OC, lets see here, they do ride on my bumper and them being more Christlike would make me the, well, I get it. LOL, being the good man you are I know it was meant constructively, or maybe you've seen my party affiliation. I'll confess to both.😄
I was thinking more like “Quit riding my……”. You, my friend, have never been one. Sarcastic maybe? But in a good way😀

I had two bumper stickers that were my favorites:

If You Dont Like the Way I Drive .....STAY OFF THE SIDEWALK

I MAY BE SLOW, BUT I'M IN FRONT OF YOU !!
Gotta say, those are pretty catchy bumper stickers. I'm thinking like you served in the Marine Corp. I've seen stickers and decals of the emblem, mostly on trucks. I know that would help, and too, people around here respect those who have served in the military.
SWO-#1, it's good to hear from you. Hope they're treating you well in Missouri.

Postscript: remembered you saying you were from the Virginia side of Bluefield and typically it is noticeably cooler there than in the Springfield area during fall and winter. Since I dabble with weather, just as a quasi hobby, I just checked the current temperatures in both places and sure enough, Springfield was at a pretty nice 54 degrees while Bluefield is a chilly 43.

Reactions: SWO-#1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT