ADVERTISEMENT

Lincolnton Coaching Search

Gotta say, those are pretty catchy bumper stickers. I'm thinking like you served in the Marine Corp. I've seen stickers and decals of the emblem, mostly on trucks. I know that would help, and too, people around here respect those who have served in the military.
SWO-#1, it's good to hear from you. Hope they're treating you well in Missouri.

Postscript: remembered you saying you were from the Virginia side of Bluefield and typically it is noticeably cooler there than in the Springfield area during fall and winter. Since I dabble with weather, just as a quasi hobby, I just checked the current temperatures in both places and sure enough, Springfield was at a pretty nice 54 degrees while Bluefield is a chilly 43.
Yes I am a MARINE. Retired (says so on my back window sticker on my pickup..lol

And yes I am from Bluefield Va, although born in Bluefield WVA. The hospital was UPTOWN as we referred to it as the West By God Side. A little triva, Bluefield is known as Natures Air Conditioned City (both sides) The wind always blows across the mountain tops and up/down the valleys (called Hollers there). I was raised at the base of East River Mountain. tunnel now runs through East River Mountain South side (VA) to North Side (WVA) its I-77.
If you are there during HS football take in a game at Graham HS (VA) home of the Graham G-MEN. I was lucky to catch them the year they won the VA state championship. The school sits between two mountains and is one of the prettyest stadiums I've seen, great views.

Good to see the Wolves have their new coach. Hope Ya'll have a good year. Although that was the only thread in 2A since the title game worth keeping track of. Hope 2023 sees both our teams at the top of their conference and into the playoffs.

Let me mention a connection, here. As you know, East Duplin beat out Reidsville for the 2A title. Their school is located in Beulaville, NC, a town that must have been named for someone who shared the name with those who would've been very close to the both of us (if I'm remembering right). Mine had an h in her name.

Let me mention a connection, here. As you know, East Duplin beat out Reidsville for the 2A title. Their school is located in Beulaville, NC, a town that must have been named for someone who shared the name with those who would've been very close to the both of us (if I'm remembering right). Mine had an h in her name.
Mine also Mr. Lincolnton. Small world, HuH. Its said that if you know 7 people other than family you have a connection to Every One in the world.

No you get to pick what you do for a living. No one made you coach. If don't like the long hours and low pay Quit whining and do something else for a living. And believe me I'm not the problem, folks that want to relive the glory days and then get mad about what they getting paid are
The guy did what you called for. And he's not a guy who just came along, and is reliving glory days. He's coached for 20+ years with no fanfare or whining. Not sure what got you all triggered there, Big C.

But - Who is Greg Pound?

Is he a Patriot? Is he a Blue Devil? Is he a Wolf?

Will he lead the Wolves this fall? Will he return to the "biggest little something or other". Will he retire, and enjoy his golden years? Will he get a full back tattoo of Von Ray Harris, or of Tom Brown?

Will there be a movie? Will there be a statue?

These are but a few of the questions I've heard on the street, just this week.

Maybe this deserves a whole new thread.

*faint pulse detected. Maybe the thread can survive until the 17th.

Q: If you could have Greg Pound, or Ben MacAdoo as your offensive coordinator, who would you choose?

Reactions: Maiden Creek
But - Who is Greg Pound?

Is he a Patriot? Is he a Blue Devil? Is he a Wolf?

Will he lead the Wolves this fall? Will he return to the "biggest little something or other". Will he retire, and enjoy his golden years? Will he get a full back tattoo of Von Ray Harris, or of Tom Brown?

Will there be a movie? Will there be a statue?

These are but a few of the questions I've heard on the street, just this week.

Maybe this deserves a whole new thread.
I believe Greg Pound is expecting his first grandchild. Seems to me he'll enjoy retirement with the young one. 😉

Congratulations to Coach Angle!

Will be interesting to see how he constructs his staff.
I wonder what will happen with some of the older guys that Angle played for. Will they be able to coach under him?

His head coach from when he played who the field house is named after is on staff now and his son is in high school. Wonder how that would affect future decision making?

I wonder what will happen with some of the older guys that Angle played for. Will they be able to coach under him?

His head coach from when he played who the field house is named after is on staff now and his son is in high school. Wonder how that would affect future decision making?
Guessing Scott C. had input either formally or informally in the decision to hire the new coach. Plus, when he was a coach and Coach Harris had retired he was there mostly on Friday nights mainly as a coach emeritus role.

The future is now.

Interesting dynamics, for sure. When you put it that way, seems there's potential positives and negatives. Coach Byrd was in a similar situation.

Not sure who is left that coached Angle.

Interesting.

That was a talented 2011 team Coach Angle played on!

Last edited:
Interesting dynamics, for sure. When you put it that way, seems there's potential positives and negatives. Coach Byrd was in a similar situation.

Not sure who is left that coached Angle.

Interesting.

That was a talented 2011 team Coach Angle played on!
If they hadn't ran into Todd Gurley in the state championship that year they beat anyone else in 2A. That was one of the top 2-3 teams of all time at Lincolnton IMO.

It will be interesting to see if Angle moves over to the offensive side of the ball.

Gibson and Byrd had no experience calling an offense and that seemed to be the kiss of death for them. One would think it would be wise to let Coach Cloninger, Coach Holbrook, or another coach with experience calling plays take that role. One thing is for sure though, community coaches are great to have but there needs to be more coaches in the building who will be there everyday.

I have faith that Coach Angle will do an excellent job!

I hate it when posters speculate on potential coaching candidates. As an old HR guy, I fully understand that not every applicant notifies their bosses when they apply. It’s naive to think that information couldn’t affect someone’s future. While you and I are curious, we have no right to that information.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT