ADVERTISEMENT

It's a little over 8 months till kickoff any news coming out of theYVC

Grade-pro

Sep 9, 2014
Been busy with life and I haven't had a chance to read much lately just curious if we have any new developing stories or expectations for upcoming season

#GO-8 & 7

Yeah WMont should be really good. How about Albemarle? Did the Blue Dogs keep their coach?

From what I hear he will be back, but a lost to north stanly will have the bulldog faithful head hunting by next November, just a prediction, early but accurate. I do agree WM is the preseason favorite hope north can pull off a upset and find their first big game victory that has eluded them the last two season.

Some speculation going around on the other site that Coach Jackson may be under consideration for the Anson County High School HFC job. Any word about that from Comet land?

rumor has it Albemarle is planning on playing ineligible players again this fall since it worked out so well for them last year
roll.r191677.gif

Hopefully, just cause they want it, don't mean they'll get it.
3dgrin.r191677.gif
With WM returning 10 on offense and 8 on defense, 2 All-State players, and the conference POY, that would be tough to walk away from I would think. All that guarantees diddly squat, but it is there with the players and coaches to accomplish some good things barring something crazy happening.
This post was edited on 1/14 9:59 AM by WMFootballFanatic

We could be playing a #'s game this year at Albemarle. We lost 20 seniors and the jv team was small, only about 20 some kids. Understand the incoming freshman class is a little larger, but don't know how many of those will play football. Haven't hear anything but I expect Talbert to be back as head coach. Also understand that Wes the AD is trying to land some more asst. coaches. All in all lots of ? marks at Albemarle this coming season. I think hands down WM will be the team to beat this year. As I said Albemarle will be a ? mark. NS should be improved but think they will really miss # 22 on defense. I know they beat us last year with the forfeit, but I'm sure they want to do it on the field of play. I look for NM to be in the hunt, what with their outstanding coach and a new spirit in their program. EM has a new coach so don't know what to expect out of Biscoe. Look for SD, CC to be about the same. SS and UA could be better or could be worst. I still look for Albemarle, WM and NS to battle it out for the top spot with WM having a decided edge. Ready to start the season tomorrow, but we'll have to wait until August. Go Dogs

There will be nothing new under the "Sun" literally. The conference will be a two horse race like it has been the past few years Albemarle and WM at the top followed by NS. WM will smoke Albemarle next year and Albemarle will dominate NS and the "Three Blind Mice". That's good that Wes to trying to bring in more asst.coaches, we defiantly need that, I just hope they know what they are doing....and HOPEFULLY we get a new OC. I look for NM to be slightly good and finish 4th or 5th in the conference. Everyone else is not even worth mentioning.

KW playing ineligible players has worked for not only Albemarle but many schools across America...Albemarle just got caught "Holding the Pickle".

But I wouldn't be surprised if Albemarle beats every opponent in the YVC this year. If you saw the J.V. team last year you'd know. Like Ottis Redding said "A Change is Gonna Come".

#GoAlbemarle

After forfeiting, Albemarle crushed SS. Ineligible Players didn't give Us that win (KW). The Bullogs where Playoff ready going into that game

I was just poking fun at you guys, I'm sure the ineligible players didn't give you all any of your wins. It doesn't take but a few halfway decent players that can walk and chew gum at the same time to win all but 1 game(West Montgomery) on Albemarle's schedule.

This year we play Thomasville and Mt Pleasant, KW. Even though Tville has been down of late Mt Pleasant had a great year last year. I agree besides WM the rest of he conference is not much, but it is what it is. Don't know what we'll have this year, so will just have to wait and see. Go Dogs.

I think the Albemarle/Thomasville game will be a tossup. However Mt Pleasant has their great running back back this year, Cody Reese. He may be too much for us. However a 1-1 start to this season would be good.

I'll take 1-1 to start the season next year. I don't see us beating Mt. Pleasant and Thomasville should be close. I saw Mount play Albemarle's 7th & 8th grade when the Reese kid would have been a 7th grader. They killed Albemarle and they had a running back that Albemarle could not stop. I'm just assuming that it was the Reese kid back when he was in the 7th grade. Can't wait for the season to start .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT